Lorain County Community College

Be The First To
Add Photos

Satisfied

Administrative Staff (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsPersonable experience, compensation is above average, flexible hours with flexible time-off policies, benefits are substantial

ConsPromotions are rare and slow, company values aren't always exemplified, strong leadership varies for each department

Great Higher Ed Experience

ProsInnovative school with a lot going on. University Partnership Bonus. Friendly staff with little drama. Enjoyable team orientated environment.

ConsMiscommunications at times, lack of funding/resources

Advice to Senior ManagementWeigh your pros and cons with the eyes of a student.

Adjunct Instructor

ProsFaculty is great to work with and always there is you have any questions.

ConsThey cancel classes last minute with little notice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Office Support (Former Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsGood leadership
    Good values
    Good benefits for full time workers

ConsNot much room for career growth

Rewarding and enriching

Physical Therapist Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

Prosteaching what you love/ desire
    immediate and future rewards

Consdecreasing budget of material margins to maintain low tuition rates

Great leader and innovative school

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee)

ProsThe President is a dynamic, transformative leader that has made the school a model for community colleges across the country - A university partnership program that allows students to earn select BA/BA and Master's degrees from universities around Ohio - Continuously adds programs in response to job needs in the area - Strong Nursing and Allied Health programs - The Science and Math department has several Ivy League and top tier educated faculty and adjuncts - MIT Fab Lab - Friendly, professional culture.

ConsLike many colleges, they grossly underpay adjuncts, and of course, provide no health benefits for adjuncts as well. Culture feels like it is shifting in a negative way. Very few FTTT positions. Due to the. University partnership program, Ph.Ds are usually required, although people with Master's or BA/BS degrees may find they qualify for teaching a lab or one of the certificate programs. Recent increases in enrollment mean very few parking spaces on some days so plan on getting there early.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaged with the professional development of all your faculty- not just full-time.

Great experience as a student worker!

IS&S Consultant (Former Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsThe staff you work with is great! As a student worker, hours are very flexible around a class schedule. I kept track of my own hours, and really enjoyed that. I highly recommend seeking employment for students looking to make some cash while in school.

ConsThe hours of work were inconsistent, but I would imagine this was only for my position. My duties were data entry for switching over to MyCampus. Some weeks I had thirty hours of work and other weeks I had two hours. It obviously would have been nice to make more than minimum wage, but the position didn't really demand more than that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Lorain County Community College has got it figured out!

Good job to have while a student

Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, nice people, clean environment. You get a sense of community and helpfulness most of the time. Pay raise after earning a degree.

ConsNot enough hours. Dealing with the general public (students) can at times be difficult.

Growing and serving the citizens of Lorain County

Staff (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsClose to home, good benefits currently. Plenty of work to be done, not a lazy atmosphere.

ConsCulture is in a state of transition. The larger the institution gets the less family-like it becomes.

Good

Faculty (Current Employee) Lorain, OH

ProsGreat team to work with

Consnot regular employment available all the time

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worked for Lorain County Community College? Contribute to the Community!