Loretto Hospital Reviews

Reset
2.3
CEO

1. Good changes evident in staff, still more work to be done

Pros

Well paid salary for a non profit hospital. Reaching milestones with patients is best part of the job.

Cons

Lack of organization in administration that trickles down. Understaffed making important deadlines tougher to meet.

Advice to Management

Communicate directly with employees way more often. Communicate important changes in policy, duties etc via meetings. Not always via scarce impersonal emails that gather no employee input or insight.

2. Its ok

Current Employee - Evs in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Evs in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Loretto Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is 10.55 an hr some of upper management is ok and the security is cool and it looks nice after several upgrades and construction to some areas

Cons

They don't care about the employees and work you like a dog

Advice to Management

They treat you like crap

3. Social Workers Proceed with Caution

Former Employee - Lcsw in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lcsw in Chicago, IL

I worked at Loretto Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary for social workers are on the higher pay end. Some of the staff members are nice. The patient experience is a plus, you will gain a lot of face to face experience. You will learn a lot of discharge planning and how to perform multiple jobs. I will say I'm stronger professionally due to my short span employed at this place. You will value the education and class you're accustomed to, and hold on to both tightly.

Cons

High school-like environment. The case management department is interesting to say the least. You will have changing job description which you will learn randomly throughout your time there. You will not be notified of ALL meetings in a professional manner, some will be held on your absence on purpose to plot against you. The environment was extremely toxic and hostile after a few months. There is no union for social workers so you're basically left to sink or swim. Should you manage to swim, false accusations will flourish to Anchor you down regardless. It's truly setup for failure. I would advise any social worker to proceed with caution. I did not receive any clinical supervision as there was no clinical supervisor to provide it. Based on my experience, clinical workers work well with clinical direction. I did not receive anything close here. Watch your back and document EVERYTHING!! Be prepared to tolerate a lot, late nights, unreasonable work expectations, you will earn every dollar of your 'salaried' income. Social workers are pretty much extinct here and trust me it's for a good reason. Advice: Trust no one here!!

Advice to Management

Please hire a clinical supervisor for clinical staff!! They have more of a clinical outlook and will ultimately be able to work better with clinical staff. Social workers are needed at a hospital, your current setup torments social workers. Please conduct a better assessment of who you put in a supervisor position as it reflects poorly on the organization as a whole.

5. Director of Patient Financial Services

Current Employee - Director of Patient Financial Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Patient Financial Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Loretto Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, love the huddles

Cons

Benefits are expensive, food is not the best, small cafeteria

Advice to Management

Team work, communication

A third world hospital

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Loretto Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the patients was the best part of the job.

Cons

Administration is chaotic, like a ship without rudder. There is little mutual respect between levels of employees. Compensation could be "iffy" as they sometimes weren't sure they could make their payroll. Getting my first year raise came in year 2 as it had been frozen the year before due to inadequate funds. My direct supervisor was so demanding and so very rude in her treatment of employees. At times, it seemed there was some reverse racism going on.

Advice to Management

Obtain some first hand knowledge from your staff re: the operations in the hospital. Really listen...

7. Learning Hospital

Former Employee - Pbx in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Pbx in Chicago, IL

I worked at Loretto Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some physician were caring thoughtful over all nice to work with.

Cons

not in touch with current life situations

Advice to Management

consider paying more for Key positions.

8. Great front line staff

Former Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Loretto Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is great if the staffing is done properly

Cons

If staffing isnt done properly your life balance severely decreases

Advice to Management

Listen to the front line staff and managing team to increase overall satisfaction

9. An average experience as a new RN.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Loretto Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting experience for new nurses. Patient population mostly local with attendant downstream chronic illnesses. Well located to serve its community.

Cons

At the time of employment, needed some improvement in process management, communications between clinical staff. Needed more focus on providing continuing education to its nursing staff. Mostly non-compliant patient population. Could use some focus here also in terms of patient education and follow-up.

Advice to Management

See 'Cons'

10. Dysfunctional Safety Net Hospital

I worked at Loretto Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff that I worked with typically maintained a positive attitude, and came up with great ideas on improving patient care and the overall patient experience.

Cons

The Senior Management is not patient focused. They are solely focused on the bottom line. Overall, they do not care about improving the health of the patient.

Good position but be ready to be thrown to the wolves

I have been working at Loretto Hospital full-time

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits. They are really trying to change the culture of the hospital, which is great k there is good energy.

Cons

Lack of organization in management. Lack of specific orientation once you've completed the overall orientation; you get thrown into the fire after general orientation.

Advice to Management

Communication needs improvement.

RSS Feed </> Embed