Lorian Health Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Julian Ahumada

1. Close team that tries hard to care for the community

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, a lot of work but good job security for hard workers. And lots of benefit goodies they keep adding. There is turnover, but this is the 3rd home health agency I worked at and it seems to be an industry that attracts some very strange people. The independent misfits types who like working with a offsite team are the ones who do the best.

Cons

Its gotten pretty good with the addition of 401K and time off eligibility for all employees, not just full time, but I would like to see a vision plan and life insurance.

Advice to Management

In corporate a vision and life insurance plan. don't get so big that you stop listening to the staff. They have really helped shape Lorian. Be a little more particular in the patients you take on that are non-medicare or pro-bono.

Nice Place to Work

Current Employee - LVN in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits Everyone is really nice and helpful Awesome Supervisor Decent Pay/Compensation Per Diem Employees Flexible Schedule (Pick the days you want to work)

Cons

If you are Per Diem you will sometimes have a lot of visits and sometimes have no visits. It is very unpredictable if you are a Per Diem employee. They may add more visits during the middle of the day or in the middle of the night. Sometimes you may have to drive far for a visit.

Caution

Former Employee - Patient Care in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Care in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lorian Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly nursing and therapy staff willing to support one another and help when asked. HR personnel friendly and helpful as well.

Cons

High employee turnover. 30 fulltime employees in a 24 month period. Rules today not necessarily the rules tomorrow. Memos outlining changes can't keep up with rate of changes if memos are sent at all. Disorganized, low morale. Budget conscious to the point of frequently running out of supplies or buying own vs reusing (unsafe). Mandatory educaction during off time without promised compensation. Promised but not delivered bonuses. Intimidation.

Advice to Management

Integrity and honesty. Follow a true business model. Patients AND employees matter.

Disorganized and unfocused

I worked at Lorian Health

Pros

Met the CEO and found him to be delightful...appeared to be caring with focus on patient care.

Cons

Trying to expand too fast into larger geographic area and totally losing focus on patient care overall as an organization...".the right hand does know what the left hand is doing" type of organization...communication is severely lacking and training of employees on thelectronic charting system is severely lacking.....lots of time lost as I never met a single employee who was fluent on use of the system AND capable of training someone else.

Advice to Management

slow down and provide better service thru experienced and trained personnel

6. The grass isnt always greener

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

really good values as a company and good leadership. I make a good wage and i like the people i work with and helping the patient's. I researched some other places not long ago and decided to stay put after speaking with hiring people and staff members there. I am so glad i stayed.

Cons

a 9/80 work week would be great so that i could spend more time with my family.

Account liaison

Current Employee - Account Liaison in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Liaison in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lorian Health

Pros

Helping the seniors get the services they needed when home bound.

Cons

They pushed too hard and only cared about money not the patient.

Advice to Management

Remember what this industry is to do, serve homebound patients in need of medical services.

RSS Feed </> Embed