Lorillard Reviews

Murray S. Kessler

1. Heed the warning

Current Employee - Teritory Manager
    Current Employee - Teritory Manager

Pros

Pay co car benefits and co workers will help each other out.

Cons

To the EX lorillard employees ,just because you have kept your positions for now don't make the mistake that you will be at ITG long term.In 8 years I ve seen the management team and salesforce change 4 different times as they will have you re apply your position and this is the way they cut costs. Some states have 4 managers for 16 reps That won't float for long as in time they will look to cut costs and they will cut it down to 2 managers and that will happen country wide.They don't know how to run the US business and have destroyed brands and will wreck these brands as well.Make sure you all update your resume.

Advice to Management

Good luck to you that you are getting rid Of a selling-salesforce.Good luck leveraging contracts with no big gun to leverage .

2. M Kessler- Merger- Karma

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Lorillard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Benifits, company car, salary. A little behind the times with technology.

Cons

Merger! M Kessler sold us out. That was his mission from the beginning. We are still in the dark about what is going on with the transition. No communication! Anxiety falls over the entire Lorillard staff. Weather you are a "placed" or "displaced" employee you are still job scared. No one really knows what will happen within one year. Still waiting to see what happens. I believe in Karma. M. Kessler watch out!!!!

Advice to Management

Speechless

255 Years Gone!

I worked at Lorillard (More than 10 years)

Pros

My 9 years before MUrray Kessler came. Lorillard was stable and growing at a tremendous rate.Great benefits!

Cons

The last 15 months were hell. The company was sold by CEO. Rjr can't market products worth a damn so they have to buy their competition.

Advice to Management

Let's all ship our pathetic gift from Murray back to his house. I guess he thinks we all need a drink after the last 15 months

5. Was a great company before sell-out

I have been working at Lorillard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the best people. The company was well run. They had a great product and marketing. Really well run and efficient company.

Cons

CEO sold out company to Reynolds, lied about it from the day he got there. Poor morale waiting to find out what Imperial is going to do. They are keeping most of the employees but not giving them any options if they don't want to stay on with imperial.

Advice to Management

Offer buyout to employees.

production

I have been working at Lorillard full-time

Pros

great people mostly,sad lately been lied to and over a year it is a different story each week folks nerves are fed up no knowing what the hell to do...

Cons

Kessler sold us out...world is changing. Long as the CEO etc get their millions and they can screw us out of everything possible they are happy...

Advice to Management

was a great place to work, may be again later when ITG group takes over down the road but right now the the employes have been lied to for over a year by the co. as well as the international Union.No severance no packages are NOT being offered insurance denied for retirees..,etc regardless of the contract...

7. Worst Company Ever!!!

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Lorillard full-time

Pros

If you have even the slightest bit of common sense and are not drooling all over yourself or in a wheelchair you will be the smartest person in the room

Cons

Poorly ran company, stuck in the past, company not open to change, all management is out of touch, they say best sales force in the industry more like the oldest...

Advice to Management

Get a clue-everyone knows the company is a joke and it's a miracle it wasn't sold off long before this...

8. Good days & bad days

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Lorillard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits but I understand that is changing

Cons

Totally entrenched culture & low pay ! Very similar to being in the Army

Advice to Management

Resist the urge to micro manage

incompetent management, unhappy workers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

even for senior scientists it's pretty much a regular 8-5 work day, good pay; workers are nice to work with

Cons

a leadership vacuum in the research area; instead of having a small percentage of bad managers, the vast majority of managers/directors are bad, ranging from control freaks to bullies; managers don't greet or even acknowledge people in the hall ways; the morale is very low, everybody is unhappy

Advice to Management

don't think current management in research has a chance to turn it around; distrust and dislike to too deeply ingrained in workers

Work Hard - Lie for boss - what else could a company ask from its employee's

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Pros are vacation time, and benefits

Cons

Your Division Manager will take care of sales reps close to office.... because regional manager see's these areas. Outside reps are on their own. Do not get sick and ask your boss to come out and talk so your can work out time off. He is too busy. Probably on the phone with his wife again.

Advice to Management

Treat sales representatives with some respect. Quit expecting them to double the work of PM and RJ and pay less and have larger territory's. Realize Division Managers are the problem -- why do so many good sales reps go bad... maybe because they are tired of not getting supplies, help or respect. They are tired of covering for the Division Managers. Also -- Division Managers seek and search to fire sales representatives that will not lie for them. Maybe the Regional Managers should look at the division managers - Time Lorillard is hones and realizes the employees they had were good. Just fed up.

11. Lorillard Management does not develope or implore respect for employees or families

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

If you enjoy sales -- you can manage a territory with little leadership or help by management.

Cons

1. Management never provides P.O.S. undless their supervisor is coming to town 2. District Manager is always on the phone to wife -- but does not care if your family sees you. 3. I enjoyed my job -- but could not get the tools from management to do my job.

Advice to Management

Realize sales representatives are the link between company and businesses even in non urban areas. Care about your sales representatives and take miles into account. Unfair to treat rural reps the same as city reps. Very rude to families.

RSS Feed </> Embed