Lorillard Reviews

Reset

1. Company sold

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greensboro, NC

Pros

This once was a good place to work. Good pay, great benefits, with company car, 401K and retirement package. Can set your own goals.

Cons

This company was sold to RJR which in turn sold the remaining company to Imperial Toacco Group out of the UK.

Advice to Management

I get the feeling that none of us are going to be secure with the new company. I guess it's time to 're-evaluate.

2. Heed the warning

Current Employee - Teritory Manager
    Current Employee - Teritory Manager

Pros

Pay co car benefits and co workers will help each other out.

Cons

To the EX lorillard employees ,just because you have kept your positions for now don't make the mistake that you will be at ITG long term.In 8 years I ve seen the management team and salesforce change 4 different times as they will have you re apply your position and this is the way they cut costs. Some states have 4 managers for 16 reps That won't float for long as in time they will look to cut costs and they will cut it down to 2 managers and that will happen country wide.They don't know how to run the US business and have destroyed brands and will wreck these brands as well.Make sure you all update your resume.

Advice to Management

Good luck to you that you are getting rid Of a selling-salesforce.Good luck leveraging contracts with no big gun to leverage .

3. M Kessler- Merger- Karma

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Lorillard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Benifits, company car, salary. A little behind the times with technology.

Cons

Merger! M Kessler sold us out. That was his mission from the beginning. We are still in the dark about what is going on with the transition. No communication! Anxiety falls over the entire Lorillard staff. Weather you are a "placed" or "displaced" employee you are still job scared. No one really knows what will happen within one year. Still waiting to see what happens. I believe in Karma. M. Kessler watch out!!!!

Advice to Management

Speechless

5. The good and the bad

Pros

Some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. Most people have been with this company for many years and are dedicated to ensuring it's success.

Cons

Very limited road for professional growth opportunities. Mired in the "good ole boy" mentality. Lacks solid leadership from upper management and middle management perspective.

255 Years Gone!

I worked at Lorillard (More than 10 years)

Pros

My 9 years before MUrray Kessler came. Lorillard was stable and growing at a tremendous rate.Great benefits!

Cons

The last 15 months were hell. The company was sold by CEO. Rjr can't market products worth a damn so they have to buy their competition.

Advice to Management

Let's all ship our pathetic gift from Murray back to his house. I guess he thinks we all need a drink after the last 15 months

7. Sales Representative

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lorillard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training and support. The manager I worked for went above and beyond to assist his sales force. Communication was always very good.

Cons

The days could get long and the territory was very big. I would spend several hours every weekend getting everything ready for the next week.

8. Was a great company before sell-out

I have been working at Lorillard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the best people. The company was well run. They had a great product and marketing. Really well run and efficient company.

Cons

CEO sold out company to Reynolds, lied about it from the day he got there. Poor morale waiting to find out what Imperial is going to do. They are keeping most of the employees but not giving them any options if they don't want to stay on with imperial.

Advice to Management

Offer buyout to employees.

9. Sales Representative

I worked at Lorillard full-time

Pros

Company Car. sometimes travel. decent salary

Cons

I enjoyed the job, the only con was my boss was terrible. Unprofessional conversations. Not the company to start a career with.

Advice to Management

treat employees with respect and they will last longer and work harder.

production

I have been working at Lorillard full-time

Pros

great people mostly,sad lately been lied to and over a year it is a different story each week folks nerves are fed up no knowing what the hell to do...

Cons

Kessler sold us out...world is changing. Long as the CEO etc get their millions and they can screw us out of everything possible they are happy...

Advice to Management

was a great place to work, may be again later when ITG group takes over down the road but right now the the employes have been lied to for over a year by the co. as well as the international Union.No severance no packages are NOT being offered insurance denied for retirees..,etc regardless of the contract...

11. Worst Company Ever!!!

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Lorillard full-time

Pros

If you have even the slightest bit of common sense and are not drooling all over yourself or in a wheelchair you will be the smartest person in the room

Cons

Poorly ran company, stuck in the past, company not open to change, all management is out of touch, they say best sales force in the industry more like the oldest...

Advice to Management

Get a clue-everyone knows the company is a joke and it's a miracle it wasn't sold off long before this...

RSS Feed </> Embed