Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce

www.lachamber.com

Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce Reviews

3.4

CEO

I was a Silver Ring Member for few years, was active in several committees...Very proud of these years indeed...I miss

Former Employee - Senior Architect and Planner/AIA in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Architect and Planner/AIA in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce as an intern (more than 10 years)

Pros

Met with the best; felt like participating in planning the future....allowed interactive feed back with my projects, until the economy declined, and I had to close my architectural firm around 2010

Cons

There is not enough time of funds in my personal account to contribute to my membership anymore! But I will not hesitate to rejoin when things change

Reach out more to "Grassroots", Increase International Activity (not just Pacific Rim)

Good experience for emerging policy and political staffers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce

Pros

Respected business advocacy organization, ability to work on a wide-range of public policy issues, great access to business leaders and elected officials.

Cons

Non-profit salary is a downside and raises are few and far between. Health benefits are just OK. Can get stuffy at times

pay a higher salary and be more consistent with recognizing performance with enhancements. Stop being so old school with office culture.

Good place to start when you are moving to LA and like politics

Former Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce

Pros

No age discrimination. Good benefits. Good place if you are at the end of your career. They really care about the wellbeing of their staff members.

Cons

Bad financial management. Soft leadership. Tendency to waste membership funds for vanity projects.

Don't think the exchange of light bulbs will solve financial problems. Be honest about management intentions.