Los Angeles County Health Department

Los Angeles County Health Department Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

My experience has been great.

Maintenance (Current Employee) West Hills, CA

ProsCustomers and management. I'm impressed with the operation, how they do business, great benefits and flexibility. There is good communication amongst the employees.

ConsThere are no cons to working with this employer.

It's a Living

Senior Departmental Personnel Technician (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAs a local municipality, the County of Los Angeles is a moderately stable means of employment. If you go to work, do your work and are proficient at it, chances are very great that you have a job until you decide to retire.

ConsThe workload is monumental. Because the County of Los Angeles is a not for profit agency, it is charged with producing more with less resources. Funds are generally allocated to the main service of the County. For the Department of Health Services, it is accessible healthcare to the under/non-insured, often times, indigent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the new-age of management.

It's a place for first 5 years of your career or last 10 years of it

CMA (Current Employee)

ProsJust like any government job; the benefit is up to average standard and steady, the rule is clear and simple; And, once you permanent hired; it's difficult to be kicked out unless you made a unforgivable mistake. you can learn from some very experienced person. Oh yes, and you always are encouraged to get off on time.

ConsJust like any government job; the routine, equipment and personnel are hard to change, not much challenge for everyday job (unless you are executive level); both vertical and horizontal career development chance are rare; only sure thing you can accumulate is seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are changing to try to keep up with the IT era. Keep going! And Please give the baseline worker a route to reflect IT related issue; BIG or small in real time.

Beside, I know some thing is hard to change or even know; sometime cut-off looks more easier than improve; but you have to evolve, to improve not to desert; for survive in post-Obamacare era.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Principal Info Analyst

Principal Info Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people, great place to work.

ConsAlways are out of money.

Solid job...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSecure job. No layoffs. Good benefits.

ConsA lot of work with little help

Advice to Senior ManagementHire

Los Angeles County Operated Health Facilities

Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe County of Los Angeles Department of Health Services operates three County hospitals, one rehab center and many out patient clinics throughout Los Angeles County which allows employees to work near their homes.

ConsLos Angeles County has a large uninsured population. Most of the uninsured seek medical treatment at County operated hospitals and / or clinics. County hospitals and clinics are almost always at or beyond capacity. County hospitals and clinics are significantly under staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe County of Los Angeles has an excellent Strategic Plan which contains the County's Vision and Mission Statements. Senior Managers should let the Strategic Plan be their guide.

To political.

RN I (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, retirement plan, holidays off, sick leave

Consmanagement expects to much. assignments are given that are impossible to complete.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo employees job. Don't spend so much time monitoring what employees do wrong. Commend employees when the go beyound the call of duty.

Worked for Los Angeles County Health Department? Contribute to the Community!