Los Angeles County Office of Education

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pretty Chill

Program Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou're not working the entire time because it is a government agency and there are a lot of perks like free zumba classes

ConsSalary is not great and not as much structure as one would expect.

Potential to be world class

ProsEducation reimbursement, benefits, great people

ConsIT is behind especially in payroll, communication not up to par

Advice to Senior Managementbe more reactive to issues, better training opps

Gr8 family!

ProsBeing able to make a difference in someone's life! The satisfaction of seeing happy faces when a goal is reached!

ConsThere are no cons at this time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was very rewarding dealing with youth.

Para-Educator (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsVery nice place to work.

ConsThere were no full time jobs available.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have a great team or staff member it's very important to try and keep the team or staff member. LACOE has a tendency of allowing the good teams to be broken up or allowing the staff members fall through the cracks. During this time they get discourage and tend to leave the organization. This is a total dissatisfaction not only to the school but to the students we service. LACOE would rather go by policy then to look out for the best interest of the child. If we are there to provide quality service then sometimes policy must be overlooked. These children our are future and if we do not provide the proper service we all loose.

Wish I could give it a zero

Certificated (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe only positive is that I never have to go back. Horrible place with sleazy, corrupt practices.

ConsThis has to be the worst group of talentless, thoughtless, deviant and immoral people in one corporation. Probably makes the corrupt bankers on Wall Street look like humanitarians!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou reap what you sow. If you believe in karma, you should be scared

special needs

Prosit was a ver good experience

Consthe teachers were not as helpful

LACOE...lifetime career, possibly.

Career Development Program Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsDifferent divisions makes it possible to move around the organization. Great benefits.

ConsThe Merit System takes to long and makes you jump through many hoops when applying for positions, even when you're already in.

In my Division, GAIN, the job is pretty common sense, in any position. Some people will slack while other pick up the weight for the site. Work is unevenly distributed. Work ethics are not up to par but if you mind your own and not let it get to you, then it's okay...but frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more structure and lead by example.

If you have a union you are set to work for the rest of your life

Para-Educator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent Benefits and you are given many opportunities for in company promotions.

ConsThere are a lot of politics in education. As a special educational behavioral assistant I make a quarter of what the teachers make and do more than half of their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the people at the bottom and help them move up and or increase the pay of para-educators.

New superintendent has his own agenda

Educational Manager (Current Employee) Downey, CA

ProsGenerally good salary, benefits, and colleagues

ConsNo job security. Pink slips are an annual routine, and continue even after a massive "golden handshake" that saw nearly 500 retire (with most not replaced) in 2012. Despite continuous reductions in force and the shrinking of numerous divisions and student programs, and the governor's assurance of continued or increased funding for COE's, more and more get laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being selfish and greedy, putting great people out of work and compromising quality educational programs for students in 80 districts served by the county! Be more transparent and considerate in program planning.

Job of a life time.

Principal Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Downey, CA

ProsGreat people to work with. Freedom to make a difference. With hard work you can accomplish great things.

ConsYou get out of this job the effort you put in.

Worked for Los Angeles County Office of Education? Contribute to the Community!