Lotus Business Solutions

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
4.3

Somak Chakraborty

Great opportunity with awesome people

Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are like family and you are presented with a lot of growth opportunity. I've been lucky enough to have worked with LBS for months now, and I can honestly say, cheesiness aside, that I have never felt more at home or happy to be a part of a company that actually cares. I graduated over a year ago and was terrified I wouldn't find a job I love. I didn't want the typical job where I only worked for the paycheck, go home at the end of the day, unfulfilled and never challenged.

Cons

You have to work hard. They have high standards for you and the company. For people who want the typical, non-challenging or exciting career-this is NOT for you.

Nov 21, 2014CEO of Lotus Business Solutions

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a great review! One of our main concerns is the happiness of our team members, and are happy to hear your feedback on what you feel we're doing well.

Good Job Experience, Questionable Ethics

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are looking for an internship, you will get experience in sales, interviewing potential employees, and potentially training new employees. These are great experiences to put on a resume and will help prepare you for future work. Most of the sales people there are actually really nice too.

Cons

Everything else. They expect you to drive all over the front range, from Westminster to Pueblo, and they don't pay for gas. When you travel, they pay for hotel but not food, flights, gas, or any other expenses. You are working in Wal-Mart, and everyone there will hate seeing you. The upper management encourages you to lie and leave out important details if it will result in a sale, and I have gotten upset calls from clients who have gotten stuck in contracts they can't afford because they were so severely mislead. If you have a conscience, this company will eat away at you.

Take a course on ethics.

Nov 21, 2014CEO of Lotus Business Solutions

We are glad to hear that you gained so much experience during your internship here at Lotus Business Solutions! Our main goal for interns is to give as much real life experience as we can in such a ... More

Gained A Lot of Experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I gained a lot of great experience while working at Lotus Business Solutions. Initially, I started with the intentions of just getting an internship, and then I realized all of the knowledge I could gain if I stayed longer. The things I learned about relationship building, team building, interviewing, training, sales, marketing, management, and business are ALL skills that I am able to use at my current company, and skills that I will utilize for the rest of my life.

Cons

I was told by all of my college professors that jobs out of college would offer super high salaries, with benefits, vacation, the whole 9. I didn't find that at ANY company I interviewed with, that would accept the fact that I had zero experience. Lotus Business Solutions doesn't offer these things unless you're a manager, which I was initially disappointed, but I received regular bonuses and uncapped commissions with my base, which I was VERY happy with.

The leadership at Lotus Business Solutions is great. Thank you for everything you taught me that I've been able to apply in both my personal and professional life.

Sep 17, 2014CEO of Lotus Business Solutions

We're happy to hear that you gained the knowledge here, that you can apply to your current position. It's always nice to know what we're doing right, and what we need to continue to improve on. We ... More

My success is defined by me!

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I always knew that I wanted to work for a company where I really like going to work in the morning, I just never really thought it existed until I found Lotus Business Solutions. I like the fact that we can all relate to each other and have a good time both at work and outside of work. Really enjoy the family/team environment! I didn't expect to make friends so quickly, but I like that I wasn't treated as a new guy(people would go outta their way to get to know me). I was invited out with people from the office just to hang out and check out Denver and go for hikes in the mountains(love the scenery here). We all get along so well together and I think that's what makes me love my job so much. I definitely can't see myself working anywhere else, and excited about the future to come!

Cons

Cons are that it's a full time job...this is my first Full Time job and that its more then I'm use to. Its all worth it though and I know I'm gonna be successful based on who I am and my work ethic. The success I make its all based on myself and how much I want to succeed and know I have the opportunity to really do something special with myself.

Thanks for always being supportive. I've never been apart of a company where the management is so hands on and easily available. I know I can pick up the phone and call at any time and they will help me. Thanks for giving me a chance and I'm looking forward to the future. Thank you!

Sep 10, 2014CEO of Lotus Business Solutions

Thank you for such a fantastic review! We're happy to hear that you are gaining valuable experience! -SC

Not a bad first job

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a fun, team environment. Good training, they make sure you know your stuff before sending you out on your own or to train other new hires. If you are great at face to face selling this is the job for you.

Cons

Work weekends and some holidays but they are also very flexible. The biggest con is no compensation for gas or cell phone use. You are selling DirecTV so there are a lot of uncontrollable's. A lot of people don't pass the credit check which means they can't sign up, many people cancel after they sign up for various reasons which means you don't get commission for the sale.

Keeping up the great work with training and having a fun work environment. You need to pay people for travel and cell phone use.

Perfect for a Recent College Grad!

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I graduated from college, I had no idea what I really wanted to do with my life until I found Lotus Business Solutions! I had internships and part time work in college, but none of it compares to working here. I truly enjoy working with everyone in the office and I love the fact that they will train me from the ground up. I think it's great that everyone gets along in the office as well as outside of the office. I have only been with LBS since I graduated college in May, but I have already learned so much and am so excited for the opportunities that lay ahead. I couldn't have asked for something better. This will be my career, not a job.

Cons

It's not a college schedule. I got used to being able to make my own schedule for four years of my life and being able to sleep in if I wanted. So it was an adjustment to having to work set hours, but I adjusted and now it's normal for me. I like the hours that I work and I know that putting in the hard work will pay off.

Keep doing what you're doing! I have learned so much already and I cannot wait to learn even more! I love that you invest so much time and effort into everyone in the office and I couldn't ask for a better manager.

Sep 10, 2014CEO of Lotus Business Solutions

We are glad to know that you have been able to apply your new skills within the company already. The training that we provide is designed to teach you as much as we can so that you can apply it ... More

Excited for this opportunity with an amazing company!

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers from the management team to the employees. Everyone gets along and we always have fun while still getting all of our work done. The opportunity that they provide is amazing! As a recent college graduate, I interviewed with a couple of companies that wanted me to have 5+ years of experience before I could work with them, but they weren't willing to give me the experience. Lotus Business Solutions is willing to give me the experience that I need to grow in my career! I love that my opportunity is really based on how hard I am willing to work and I know that I am a part of my future success!

Cons

I had to learn time management quickly, so that I could make sure I was putting in the hard work. I didn't really use time management much in college, but everyone at Lotus Business Solutions helped me out when I first started on figuring out to best manage my time and get used to a full time job.

Keep up the awesome work! I love coming to work every day and know that this is the best company I could have been hired at!

If you want to do F2F sales - this is a perfect company

Current Employee - Marketing and Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing and Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions (less than an year)

Pros

They will train you until you will become sales pro and open your own company. All extensive trainings they provide. You have to do a lot of F2F sales.

Cons

All day ignoring No Soliciting signs.

Put try info on you web site

Awesome opportunity

I have been working at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment in this company, i really appreciate the opportunity
    provided to me here, i just started working here about 8 months ago
    I've learned a lot in this job... I've learned how to think the right
    way ... how to communicate with other people, build a team, and
    improved my skill set a lot since i started thanks to the help of the
    management
    Since i started I've seen 3 promotions to management and now im
    getting ready for my next promotion to assistant management.
    I feel so blessed that i came across this job and can't wait to see
    what i can achieve in this business

Cons

I really can't think of any

Keep providing these opportunity to those who are looking to grow and develop

Like selling DirecTV at Walmart? Then this is for you!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Lotus Business Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can add sales experience to a resume.

Cons

Selling products at a low-end store like Walmart is harder than you think. During the interviewing process, they won't tell you what you're going to be selling.

Be honest and upfront. Interviewing people multiple times is a cost you don't need if you are direct with them right away.

Lotus Business Solutions Photos