Lotus Business Solutions

Updated May 27, 2014

Somak Chakraborty

Awesome opportunity

Denver, CO

ProsGreat work environment in this company, i really appreciate the opportunity
    provided to me here, i just started working here about 8 months ago
    I've learned a lot in this job... I've learned how to think the right
    way ... how to communicate with other people, build a team, and
    improved my skill set a lot since i started thanks to the help of the
    management
    Since i started I've seen 3 promotions to management and now im
    getting ready for my next promotion to assistant management.
    I feel so blessed that i came across this job and can't wait to see
    what i can achieve in this business

ConsI really can't think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing these opportunity to those who are looking to grow and develop

Like selling DirecTV at Walmart? Then this is for you!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsYou can add sales experience to a resume.

ConsSelling products at a low-end store like Walmart is harder than you think. During the interviewing process, they won't tell you what you're going to be selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and upfront. Interviewing people multiple times is a cost you don't need if you are direct with them right away.

Hard Work Pays off

Denver, CO

ProsLotus Business Solutions is a great work environment. I really enjoy coming to work everyday with friends in a family atmosphere. Everyone is supportive and ready to help me if I need it-professionally and personally(I even had people from work offer and help me when I moved to Denver) . My previous employment had promises of a promotion, but I was with them for two years and got passed up by someone they hired outside of the company. I really like the mobility within the company. I get rewarded with the recognition and promotions I deserve here. We got an increase in pay recently and a new bonus in place, which is awesome!

ConsDon't have any cons to list. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with motivated individuals just like myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for all your support and coaching to me to reach my goals!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hands on Experience in Business!

Denver, CO

ProsAt Lotus Business Solutions you learn so much about sales, team building, communication, accountability, management, friendships, how to run meetings, public speaking, and... yourself. I learned all of this with fun people that I actually liked and in a fantastic culture.

ConsIt's challenging. It's not immediate gratification to success, it takes time and work. I hate to say it but I wasn't used to that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving, and thanks for creating such a great culture!

Amazing Opportunity!

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFun, team-oriented environment
    Leadership training and management development
    Awesome bonuses and opportunity for making good money!

ConsYou might actually have to work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Thank you for providing me with this opportunity to own my own company. I feel that I have learned all the necessary tools from you to run a successful business and I would highly recommend this job to any entrepreneurial-minded individuals!

Unless you have no other options, turn and walk away

Field Sales and Marketing (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

Pros- Games at work
    - Friendship opportunities
    - Nice people.
    - You get a chance to make a lot of money working a pyramid scheme.

Cons- There is NO PAY. It is draw against minimum wage or commission.
    You make $115/Sale. They make $80 for each of your sales for doing absolutely nothing.

- No gas or phone reimbursement but you will use $200 gas a month and 2,000+ minutes

- YOU ARE SELLING DIRECTV IN WALMART

- Training is a joke. These people don't know anything about DirecTV

- No computers or taking orders yourself, you have to have them call on YOUR PHONE and they will not reimburse you for it. Average 25 minutes per sale.

- You are told to lie to customers. You are told to tell people they can get the refer-a-friend credit by going through us. Total lie.

- You are forced to come in for 2-3 hours a day and not get paid to stand around and play games.

- You are required to go out to team night and are harassed to spend time with your co-workers. There is almost a family mentality, but again, you are not being paid, and you are required to do so, or you can be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel bad that the owners are so lonely.
    I'm sorry that you guys need friends and have to FORCE your employees to fill a hole in your heart.
    And to the owner of STC Direct: The only reason you have sold your product is that you lie to your customers constantly. We have to clean up your messes because you have no idea about the product you are selling and just lie to customers every day to make money.

I have gone from a fresh college grad to running a entire Fortune 500 Market.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

Pros1. True opportunity, Based on performance numbers and not on whether your boss loves you.
    2. No seniority. Just because someone in older, doesn't mean they get to boss you.
    3. Earned leadership. People who've made it and earned each and every step.
    4. Crazy fun and very dynamic environment that keeps me interested and motivated.
    5. Lots of great Travel (Business and Fun)
    6. Very supportive leadership.. lots of mentors who are willing to hold your hand. I needed that.

Cons1. Lots of hard work . ha ha ha.. (I wasn't the most intelligent & disciplined student in college)
    2. Huge time commitment in the beginning , Learning time management is crucial.
    3. Hard for introverted and unsocial personalities. It is a marketing company !!

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for believing in people like me, who are ambitious but had very average resumes coming out of college.

Review of LBS/STC Direct

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsOpportunity for advancement to management
    Work hard = make a lot of money
    Mainly all men in the office
    Teambuilding

Direct sales format -- If you don't want to and or cant talk to 130-170 people a day, 6 days a week, this job is not for you.

ConsInterviews are misleading about the job description.
    Accountability often ends in embarrassing ways, publicly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach and make sure you're not rehashing the same topics in every pre management meeting.

Great atmosphere

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsLots of collaboration and fun working atmosphere

ConsLots of overtime and extensive travel

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could share more insights to employees regarding company changes.

Wonderful people and supportive environment.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAll the people are very friendly, encouraging, and supportive of each other.

ConsTough hours, and low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees one-on-one questions regarding how they feel about their job status early; not just questions about how they are doing in their job, but ask how they mentally feel about it. This might help you catch a few good people before they leave without showing any signs.

Worked for Lotus Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lotus Business Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lotus Business Solutions CEO Somak Chakraborty. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Lotus Business Solutions employees.