Lourdes Hospital (New York)

www.lourdes.com
  www.lourdes.com

Lourdes Hospital (New York) Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
3.3

David Patak
1 Rating

An excellent health care organization

I worked at Lourdes Hospital (New York) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for this organization. I found staff to be courteous, professional, and oftentimes went above and beyond to treat one another as well as they did the patients. They have a great tuition reimbursement program that gives their employees more of an incentive to continue/maintain their schooling/credentialing. Supervisors/senior management treat their staff well. Great health benefits as long as treatment resides within network (Ascension health). A great organization to work for where the staff are as close as family and make you feel welcome.

Cons

I didn't find that my rate of pay was fair in comparison with similar jobs within the same community/vacinity.

Wages need to be more competitive, especially for those who are entering a position with higher qualifications/skills than the job requires.

Good experience

I have been working at Lourdes Hospital (New York) as an intern

Pros

Learn a lot about the medical field

Cons

Employees are rude and make snide comments. The nurses hate the doctors, and vice versa.

Great organization

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Lourdes Hospital (New York) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great job security for clinical positions. Continuing education encouraged by generous tuition reimbursement. Great benefits as long as treating within the Ascension Health network. Fair merit annual merit increases given market. Work environment is clean and safe.

Cons

Lack of college education extremely limiting even in administrative positions. While benefits are generous, the extra cost for treating outside of AH is significant.

trauma tech

Current Employee - Trauma Tech in Binghamton, NY
    Current Employee - Trauma Tech in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at Lourdes Hospital (New York) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no pros except that there are really hard workers there that care about patients but Lourdes treats the works bad. Which makes patient care to go down the drain

Cons

I could go on and on but just go there and see it for yourself, but I say don't go there why put your life in a hospital that doesn't care about you which is sad!

I was a manger in Cali before I moved out here and wanted to try a different line of work so I start at the bottom at this hospital, and I see fast food place that have better management then Lourdes! They need mangers who realize that you must follow before you can lead its like a game of chest every peace is so important, because if you don't have a mind set like that you will loose. A hospital is place where people count on you to save and change people's life and I don't see that here i feel bad that I lie and say this place is a good hospital. best advise I can give is hire somebody who believes in this hospital and change this place around it has the potential to be great!

Good hospital, but room for improvement

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Lourdes Hospital (New York) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The team you work with is what makes it worthwhile to stay. I would return because of the floor staff. The health benefits are good and there was a 403b match. The company offered dental and vision as well. The hospital had achieved magnet status, which improved the atmosphere early on.

Cons

It seems like they are always putting out fires instead of putting preventative measures in place. When you are working down a staff member, little consideration is given in terms of admissions, transfers, and the acuity of the patients.

Pay wasn't that good

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Lourdes Hospital (New York) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was relatively easy to get a job here, and the tasks and duties are equally challenging

Cons

Pay range is LOW and it is not competitive even at professional level, plus Binghamton is not a good city to live in

Dysfunctional Administration

I have been working at Lourdes Hospital (New York)

Pros

The individuals you work with makes going to the facility worthwhile. Also being able to bring a smile to some sick persons day.

Cons

No room for advancement. Facility is saturated with nepotism. The senior leadership team do not learn from previous mistakes. When promoting employees, individuals already at the top or have connections are given promotions and others are not able to apply. And if others are allowed to submit application, the job is usually already tail-made for a friend.

A good place to work because there are few other options

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at Lourdes Hospital (New York)

Pros

It is a stable place.
    It is growing. Finances are in order and strong.
    People seem to be treated fairly and are recognized for good work and bad work.
    Medical staff seems to have a good work life balance.
    Good reputation in the community.
    Good pay and benefits for the area - fair. HR considers your experience and education.

Cons

Very poor in technology, although they are implementing an EHR system. Many of the people here have challenges using the simplest of applications - such as Excel.
    It is ridiculous that this place is so behind the times in physician engagement. Physicians are not made aware of their performance through any but the most rudimentary means.
    As with many parts of the community, this place is behind the times and not dynamic. If you are a person that prefers a stable environment that is not progressive but is steady, then you will like it here. Again, like the rest of the community, this place is not an innovator by any means and so if you are someone who does not want a challenge and just wants an undynamic atmoshpere, this seems to be the place.

Foster an atmosphere of innovation. Although it is a riskier type of move, it is also more rewarding for the people who enjoy a good dynamic and will eventually breed a stronger workforce who is less complascent.

Low pay

I worked at Lourdes Hospital (New York)

Pros

nice working environment, good colleagues, nice atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, needs higher salaries

Pay more