Love's Country Stores

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Love

Pros
  • Bonus and profit sharing programs are awesome(in 5 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits LOVES SHARES(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management cares nothing about you and HR is scared to help(in 8 reviews)

• Very low pay for what they expect of employees(in 3 reviews)

I truly enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Broken Bow, OK

ProsThe atmosphere was always good and you always met new people.

ConsYou have to be able to handle the rush and multi task.

total mess

Prosgreat customer interaction, good benefits,

Conspoorly run, treat employees as if they are disposable

Advice to Senior Managementdon't do it

Too little is given for too much expected.

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsThe truckers that come in are amazing people and fun to talk to, other customers are generally nice, and fellow employees are great.

ConsThe pay is FAR too low for all that you're expected to do. Don't expect sympathy, and don't expect that you'll be getting any pats on the back. Even despite all the work they pile on you, it seems as though there's always something that you can get in trouble for not doing. Also, turn-over rate is incredibly high due to this, and the training system is very poor, leaving you hanging out on a limb to figure out many things by yourself. Also don't ever expect to get off on time, because with as much work as is piled on to you, and with so little employees in general due to high turn-over rates, you'll have extra to do even at the end of your shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put so much on the shoulders of your employees. I understand you want the biggest "bang for your buck", but hire a bit more help so that we're not left rushing around, trying to get everything done while at the same time giving exceptional customer service. It would be easier to keep employees if they were not paid so little for so much work, or if there were more than two employees actually working at a time, which would allow for each member of the team to focus on specific tasks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Canton, MS

Prosgood company, if everything is going great you have 3 days off a week

Constoo many bosses
    changes almost daily
    sometimes the Gm is clueless
    can be over whelming
    tire care is a major challenge

Advice to Senior Managementget a little more clear with training

High paced work environment!

ProsIf you like to smile, do well in your duties, then you will rapidly move up ladder.

ConsThe stores could use more production hours as some employees are stretched thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the employees that have worked their way up the ladder know all aspects of the job, and that they have a family too.

Great company!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Encinal, TX

ProsGreat team, very good training, Great benefits, great bonus program, recruiting bonuses, great culture, take care of customers they will take care of you!

Conswork so many hours in a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, we need more LOVES STORES!!!!!

Tuh!

Fuel Desk (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMeet different people, paid weekly

ConsOver worked under paid, management sucks, no teamwork, they let truckers talk crazy to you. No room to move up

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more. Care about your employees. Help out. Practice teamwork as much as u preach it.

I loved my co-workers as well as my managers.

Fuel Deask Cashier (Former Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsThey work with your schedule and are very understanding of your home sitiuation.

ConsYou have to deal with some irate truck drivers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none.

Racist

Computer Department (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNone, The only good thing about Loves is they have snacks out for you to eat free of charge all day long.

ConsUpper Management cares nothing about you and HR is scared to help! SAD,SAD place to have to work! They really discriminate against blacks. They need prayer.....

Advice to Senior ManagementLet all employees do private evaluation on upper management no names. The poor employees are so scared they will lose there jobs!

Glad to be rid of this company.

Cashier (Former Employee) Tecumseh, OK

ProsGreat customer, great coworkers, half off on Love's Subs.

ConsUpper management will hire just anybody to be a gm regardless of experience, attitude, and treatment of employees and turn the other cheek for far too long when unacceptable and intolerable behavior is displayed by said gms. During the total time I worked there I worked under six different gms and three different dms. One of the more ridiculous gms laughed and joked about customer complaints filed about her and the entire crew were called "peons" by one of the dms. I was promised two different promotions on two different occasions and tricked into working that position without the pay. And filing an employee complaint with HR about several situations did nothing to change my situation. Not to mention terrible pay for the ridiculous amount of work due to high turnover rates and a too small crew.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart being FAR more serious about who you hire to be in charge of your assets and get more involved with your Team Members.

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!