Love's Country Stores

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Love

Pros:
  • "Bonus and profit sharing programs are awesome"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great pay and benefits LOVES SHARES"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "The GM, DM and the rest of upper management are cut throat hillbilly's with big paychecks"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Very low pay for what they expect of employees"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Tuh!

Fuel Desk (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMeet different people, paid weekly

ConsOver worked under paid, management sucks, no teamwork, they let truckers talk crazy to you. No room to move up

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more. Care about your employees. Help out. Practice teamwork as much as u preach it.

Racist

Computer Department (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNone, The only good thing about Loves is they have snacks out for you to eat free of charge all day long.

ConsUpper Management cares nothing about you and HR is scared to help! SAD,SAD place to have to work! They really discriminate against blacks. They need prayer.....

Advice to Senior ManagementLet all employees do private evaluation on upper management no names. The poor employees are so scared they will lose there jobs!

Definitely a boys club.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFast paced environment. Excellent benefits. I work with a lot of wonderful people, both my coworkers and the customers.

ConsIf you are female, forget about being taken seriously and expect to make less money than a man in the same position. Next to no women in management on store side. I have also seen excellent employees with great potential passed up for promotion due to sexual orientation. We have a lot of wonderful ideas for making all of our jobs easier, but no time to implement them. It's hard to teach people how to work their assigned area when you can't leave the fuel desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementOut with the old, in with the new. The old men running the show need to either learn that bullying is no longer effective in this day and age, or just retire and let more progressive, forward thinking people run the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The travel stop from hell.

Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee)
    Palestine, AR

ProsI was referred bye a friend.

ConsOld outdated facilities Palestine Arkansas

Advice to Senior ManagementGood olé boy system:)

I truly enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Broken Bow, OK

ProsThe atmosphere was always good and you always met new people.

ConsYou have to be able to handle the rush and multi task.

Glad to be rid of this company.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Tecumseh, OK

ProsGreat customer, great coworkers, half off on Love's Subs.

ConsUpper management will hire just anybody to be a gm regardless of experience, attitude, and treatment of employees and turn the other cheek for far too long when unacceptable and intolerable behavior is displayed by said gms. During the total time I worked there I worked under six different gms and three different dms. One of the more ridiculous gms laughed and joked about customer complaints filed about her and the entire crew were called "peons" by one of the dms. I was promised two different promotions on two different occasions and tricked into working that position without the pay. And filing an employee complaint with HR about several situations did nothing to change my situation. Not to mention terrible pay for the ridiculous amount of work due to high turnover rates and a too small crew.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart being FAR more serious about who you hire to be in charge of your assets and get more involved with your Team Members.

Restaurant Manager

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLoves shares, quarterly bonus program

ConsSeriously understaffed, managers are glorified cashiers because you don't have the staff or time to be an actual manager, upper management sucks, everyone is worried about the bottom line in the entire company, they expect managers to work 50 hours a week but by the time your done you work atleast 60 because they don't give you enough hours to properly staff so you cant ever leave on time, they give you 6 hours a week to train brand new employees, very very few women managers that work store side...they expect women to manage restaurants.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork out in the stores for a few days!! You are very unrealistic!

Managers don't lead at HQ, they threaten. Politics determine your eligibility for promotions or transfers.

Can't Say (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe non-salaried employees are friendly and get along well. Even when speaking to employees in other departs in the on-site lunch room, people are friendly and will generally strike up conversations with one another. There are always exceptions though.

HR is great for reporting harrassment. They have a nearly-zero tolerance policy. It's been abused a few times before, but generally HR is a good group.

ConsManagement uses threatening e-mails to an entire department when a new policy or procedure isn't being followed. The procedural changes are never delivered by e-mail nor by placing a company letter in your cublcle. The changes are always given verbally to certain employees and the employees are expected to pass it along. I can only imagine the problems it causes with departments that have 2 or 3 shifts. No leadership is evident, nor do I expect the '"good 'ol boy" network to resolve this.

No way to climb the ladder or move to other departments unless you are 'politically friendly' to your boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and lead your employees. Quit treating them like you have no responsibility for your lack of action, or poor implmentation of your ideas. We want to make Love's better. Shouldn't you?

If I could find another ( any other) job, Loves would be in the rear view mirror!

ProsAll the free coffee I can drink.

ConsPoor, unskilled or untrained manager who has the tact of a rhinoceros and has threatened to fire the whole Tire Care staff if Mystery Shop scores didn't improve. Training is a joke and the job is dangerous...pencil whipped. The expectation to keep up with demands of Tire Care Center AND keep the crap off the toilets and walls is far too much to expect for a measly $10/hr! The manager at the store I work at has LIED, LIED, LIED about everything from starting hourly pay, when uniforms would begin being delivered, amount paid for road calls to when the "maintenance" position would be filled. His MM's are rats behind and will walk past a full trash receptacle and complain about it instead of being a leader by example. McDonald's detracts from the rest of the store because of their lousy outside housekeeping!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet realistic about putting company profit ahead of employee satisfaction. This might be a family business but it's NOT MY FAMILY so stop taking advantage like it is!

good company

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Canton, MS

Prosgood company, if everything is going great you have 3 days off a week

Constoo many bosses
    changes almost daily
    sometimes the Gm is clueless
    can be over whelming
    tire care is a major challenge

Advice to Senior Managementget a little more clear with training

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Love's Country Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Love's Country Stores CEO Tom Love. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Love's Country Stores employees.