Love's Country Stores

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.3

Tom Love

Pros
  • Bonus and profit sharing programs are awesome (in 5 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits LOVES SHARES (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management cares nothing about you and HR is scared to help (in 8 reviews)

• Very low pay for what they expect of employees (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I truly enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Broken Bow, OK
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Broken Bow, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere was always good and you always met new people.

Cons

You have to be able to handle the rush and multi task.

Work you to death with little pay!!!

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people you meet with customers and associates. Besides the negative ones you deal with

Cons

Dont expect to get your worth. They complain about over time. Expect you to do everything in your schedule shift and then do other jobs that upper management is suppose to do. They don't care about u. And to them you are disposable. You get faulted for customer complaints especially when they email your boss even if the customer curse you out and throws racial slurs at you. They don't defend you but a customer who is wrong they do. I dont understand how a multibillion company can't pay employees their worth. But they can flaunt their money and while the rest of us is struggling. I wish I could do a undercover boss from that tv show and show tom love and his advisors Just how bad his employees are being treated badly. While manager are living it up!!!

Help the lower staff out with finances and raise the pay. And please treat us with respect and not like trash or like puppets. We are humans too and like this company but when you got bosses above you under paying you and not treating you respect as we deserve as we give them. It's hard to work at a job like that. Its stressful enough with all the job task they put on you and threaten to fire you if you dont get it done in their time limit. Along with daily verbal abusive truck drivers and customers that we deal with daily. Then when the top dogs come in for a visit they take the credit for all the work you did!!!

The good, the bad, and the very, very ugly

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, generous benefits package, generous yearly bonus (depending on your department and/or management), free fruit for all employees, free soda, coffee, and tea in break rooms, volunteer and community involvement, huge yearly holiday party for corporate employees, sports and event ticket giveaways, wellness incentives and activities, corporate on-site gym and cafe, great coworkers.

Cons

Don't be dazzled by the fancy corporate offices, shiny facade, and cute heart logo, this place has serious problems that run deep. After all, it was formed and is still run by an owner who started the company by buying a little gas station in Watonga, OK in the 60's, but forgetting to buy a permit to buy gas. This is unfortunately the same manner in which this multi billion dollar company is run today. The place is overrun by worthless middle management, project managers, and business analysts who are nothing but a bunch of snakes. Watch out for the PM's and BA's- they will use you for their needs, be your best friend, and then throw you right under the bus. There is no room for advancement for the average Joe or Jane, no matter how hard you work your. You can advance if you are part of the "club" or a cute girl in a tight skirt. Communication with management is non-existent. Emails go completely ignored. Countless meetings are held at all times, yet nothing is ever achieved. By the time a new system is implemented and barely running, it is outmoded and another is being purchased to replace it. It is extremely hard to communicate with other departments. Absolutely no praise for individual achievement is given. Do not expect any praise or encouragement of any sort. You will work your tail off and may make decent money, but you will pay for it with the effects of stress on your health. The HR department is a joke. Don't ever expect to get anywhere with a complaint. Racism and sexism run rampant. Personally witnessed two black coworkers being racially discriminated against numerous times. Sexual harassment is commonplace. Salaried employees see themselves as far superior to hourly employees. I witnessed HR talk down on hourly employees stating that they aren't the "difference makers" in the company.

Can all middle management, BA's, PM's, and start fresh. Do something about the discrimination. Remember to "buy the permit", i.e. cut all the crap and fat and run it like the multi-billion dollar business that it is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High paced work environment!

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time

Pros

If you like to smile, do well in your duties, then you will rapidly move up ladder.

Cons

The stores could use more production hours as some employees are stretched thin.

Remember the employees that have worked their way up the ladder know all aspects of the job, and that they have a family too.

good company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Canton, MS
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Canton, MS

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good company, if everything is going great you have 3 days off a week

Cons

too many bosses
    changes almost daily
    sometimes the Gm is clueless
    can be over whelming
    tire care is a major challenge

get a little more clear with training

Great company!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Encinal, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Encinal, TX

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, very good training, Great benefits, great bonus program, recruiting bonuses, great culture, take care of customers they will take care of you!

Cons

work so many hours in a week.

Keep up the good work, we need more LOVES STORES!!!!!

Tuh!

Former Employee - Fuel Desk  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Fuel Desk in Houston, TX

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet different people, paid weekly

Cons

Over worked under paid, management sucks, no teamwork, they let truckers talk crazy to you. No room to move up

Pay more. Care about your employees. Help out. Practice teamwork as much as u preach it.

Racist

Former Employee - Computer Department  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Computer Department in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, The only good thing about Loves is they have snacks out for you to eat free of charge all day long.

Cons

Upper Management cares nothing about you and HR is scared to help! SAD,SAD place to have to work! They really discriminate against blacks. They need prayer.....

Let all employees do private evaluation on upper management no names. The poor employees are so scared they will lose there jobs!

The travel stop from hell.

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager  in  Palestine, AR
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Palestine, AR

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was referred bye a friend.

Cons

Old outdated facilities Palestine Arkansas

Good olé boy system:)

Glad to be rid of this company.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Tecumseh, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tecumseh, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great customer, great coworkers, half off on Love's Subs.

Cons

Upper management will hire just anybody to be a gm regardless of experience, attitude, and treatment of employees and turn the other cheek for far too long when unacceptable and intolerable behavior is displayed by said gms. During the total time I worked there I worked under six different gms and three different dms. One of the more ridiculous gms laughed and joked about customer complaints filed about her and the entire crew were called "peons" by one of the dms. I was promised two different promotions on two different occasions and tricked into working that position without the pay. And filing an employee complaint with HR about several situations did nothing to change my situation. Not to mention terrible pay for the ridiculous amount of work due to high turnover rates and a too small crew.

Start being FAR more serious about who you hire to be in charge of your assets and get more involved with your Team Members.

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!