Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews

Reset
4.0
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Chairman and CEO Tom Love
Tom Love

Pros
  • Potential profit sharing is amazing if you can make it 3-7 years (in 7 reviews)

• Good pay, lots of hours,insurance and the in store management is good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management cares nothing about you and HR is scared to help (in 10 reviews)

• Salaried employees see themselves as far superior to hourly employees (in 4 reviews)

1. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Cashier in Gallup, NM
    Former Employee - Cashier in Gallup, NM

Pros

People, free food and hours

Cons

Managemnet, cleaning after truck drivers

Sep 2, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and give us a recommendation.

2. Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, people who care, innovative thinkers, and a growing company. If you are a person with talent, this is a company that will give you an opportunity.

Cons

Some overbearing supervisors, who in an attempt to motivate produce the opposite result. Some associates who want a paycheck rather than a job.

Advice to Management

Establish programs that work before beginning new programs. Actually use the word praise from one minute manager instead of concentrating on people always doing the wrong thing.

Aug 29, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for the positive marks!! Solid advice. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review!!

3. General manager

Pros

Good pay 117k avg base is low though

Cons

You have to wait 7 years to see it

Aug 27, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for posting a review and touting the benefits of our Love's Shares program!

5. cashier

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Polk City, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Polk City, FL

Pros

Its a great place to work

Cons

None. Working at Loves was great.

Aug 19, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for the positive review!!

Operations manager.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Very fast paced always something to do so you do not get bored. They do not allow bad employees to stay employees.

Cons

Have to work a lot of extra days and hours very little time spent with my family. Work load is very high with a few people to acomplish objectives.

Advice to Management

Pay the hourly employees more and add more operating hours to the stores.

Aug 17, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the constructive feedback and, of course, the mention of our terrific benefits package!

7. Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I worked in HR department. I respected those that I worked for and with. Great efforts by the company to make you an integral part of the operation and team. I appreciated the fact that Mr. Love cared about his employees, his customers, and his stores. I liked the fact that he would travel 2x a year to all his stores nationwide. I now make it a point to stop for gas and a snack when I'm on the road knowing how and what the company feels about their eimployees.

Cons

I can't really remember any major or minor complaints I had at the time regarding working conditions with the possible exception of salary but who doesn't always worry about paying their bills and taking care of their obligations?

Aug 13, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for the review. Visiting each store nationwide is very important to the Love family, and it's part of what makes a family business like ours such a great one to work for!

Great company, great culture, benefits outdated!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Very true to their word. Delivers on expectations. Nimble, profitable, and very successful.

Cons

There compensation is off. It's years behind the curve. You can't justify 15-20% below the standard for positions and use your long-term incentives as a crutch. They are excellent incentives, don't get me wrong, but those incentives don't pay the bills.

Advice to Management

Continue to do your research on the employment market and evaluate consistently. You're loosing some great people over pay, which is just sad.

Aug 7, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate the constructive feedback.

9. Good company, fast growth.

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

This company is still young and it is growing fast, that being said there are some growing pains. The manager training isn't the best and at times it feels like your over worked. But the company takes care of its employees and pays very well,, the shares keep you hustling and the growth keeps you hungry.

Cons

Labor hours restricted By work to pay for mod

Advice to Management

Come up with a better management training program, 12 hours of video is not an adequate training procedure for someone transferring into this field.

Jul 27, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for the positive marks!!

Great benefits, expected pros and cons.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeMotte, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeMotte, IN

Pros

Salary managers have set schedule making it easy to plan things out of work. Loves shares their profit with management. Benefits are good. Hours available for labor is adequate.

Cons

Long days and nights. Management holds on to bad employees too long. Promotions from within are few and far between unless you want to relocate.

Advice to Management

Too many checklists for training, Just because it's written on paper doesn't mean it happens. Simplify it. Hands on is more effective than videos or paper anyway. Give out more on the spot rewards to team. They deserve it, they see your customers daily.

Jul 16, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you so much for the positive review and the excellent feedback. We will make sure it's seen by our leaders!

11. Operations manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Webbers Falls, OK
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Webbers Falls, OK

Pros

Good pay good benefits ok schedule

Cons

Long hours hard work lots of days

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jul 14, 2015 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate it very much!!

RSS Feed </> Embed