Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Too much work, not enough pay.

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Katy, TX

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people, a diverse set of work responsibilities.

Cons

Not enough staff at the time I was working, almost impossible to take breaks at times. So much to do yet don't get payed accordingly.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees.

May 8, 2015External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We will make sure our management team in the Katy area sees this.

2. marketing Manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Pros

The pay was good the hours could be long at times great deal of turnover.

Cons

nights turn into days had to shop your store on your day off

Advice to Management

training will reduce turnover so will increasing pay rate

Apr 20, 2015External Communications Manager

Thank you very much for the recommendation! We also appreciated that feedback and advice to management. Thank you!

A poor life decision and not the opportunity it appears when first investigating the potential.

Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Good Benefits
    Can provide good work / life balance if you can manage your time effectively.
    Some districts are very well run by very involved leaders
    Good promotion opportunities if you are willing to work for it

Cons

Not everyone is treated with the dignity and respect they deserve from a family based organization.
    Some managers not invested or interested enough to provide any level of support
    Monthly visits serve no purpose - no assistance with resolving issues, just slows you down
    Senior management only interested in execution, not interested in your opinions or suggestions.

Advice to Management

Expect everyone to live the Loves Pledge from the top down.
    Don't allow team members to be terminated without cause - it damages morale & casues distrust

May 5, 2015External Communications Manager

Thank you both for your pros and cons, taking the time to provide us with critical feedback. Learning opportunities abound from your comments, and for that we most definitely thank you!

Shift supervisor

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Fast past environment, vacation time, flexible schedule depending on gm, family oriented,

Cons

Whether you have a good experience working for loves depends on the gm and management. Company does continue to grow which is nice, but company is very bias. Women management is very rare, unless it's the restaurant manager. Newsflash loves! Women can do a just of good job as men. Company says they promote within... Ha. Worked there for over six years, store was constantly short management and I was to work ops/ marketing manager position and demonstrate all of the duties. Had the last four gms try to push for a promotion for me.

Advice to Management

Advice for district, regional and all corporate. Promote within and give women a chance!

May 1, 2015External Communications Manager

Thank you tremendously for your comments and candor! We will ensure that senior management sees your comments and concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to post your employee review here.

6. Learn all you can, work hard, Loose Job

Former Employee - Cashier/Clerk in Woodburn, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier/Clerk in Woodburn, IN

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with good people (not management) and meeting the customers
    opened new store and was looking toward a future with this company

Cons

Training was faced paced and under informed - Not enough staff at times to Succeed at the customer service level - to many differing ways and wants of managers - to many promises with no truth in them - no real understanding of the issues when asked just a forced do this answer -
    trained other employees and then was dumped based on poor management

Advice to Management

Look at the people working and be more responsive to the real questions, Talk to you employees not at them - and listen to them not " hear what you want" - lost a good worker and a responsible one due to listening to other management that never listened or helped but confused the employees more

May 20, 2015External Communications Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We also thank you for what you wrote in the 'Advice to Management' section. It's good to be reminded of those universal communications truths.

7. Operations Manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richmond Hill, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richmond Hill, GA

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Pros

Really there are no Pros, at the beginning I thought I was making the best decision for me and my family.

Cons

Long hours, the pay may sound good at the time, but if you have a bad audit, you are working 5 days a week 12 hour shifts till the next audit, and audits are done every month. The 4 day work week sounds good at the time, but its only for a few weeks here and there, they find something to make you come into work. The location I was at, we were working 6 day work week, 10-12 hr days. By all means, if they ask you to cut fruit, while the bonus check for that was better than the store bonus, it really is not worth it. Now for the sad part, take the hours you work and divide it into your salary, and bam... your only making $12 and hour. Really truely think before you work for this company.

Advice to Management

Advice for the District and Regional, look at your managers, and ask why they are going through so many Ops Managers. The reason is because of YOUR GENERAL MANAGERS

May 21, 2015External Communications Manager

Thank you for the frank feedback. We hope you'll also discuss this with your general and district managers.

8. Entrepreneurial, positive culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love's is a place where good ideas and work ethic win out, and it's an organization where the individuals with those ideas and a passion for them can see them through (within reason). Love's is family-owned, family-oriented and positive with a corporate culture that celebrates success but that always looks to the future.

Cons

Haven't encountered any significant issues.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the people who help the organization succeed.

Apr 23, 2015External Communications Manager

Wow! Thank you for the awesome review.

run as far as you can!!

Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Pros

weekly pay,free drinks,50% off inside restaurant

Cons

first off working here is STRESSFULL!!!always short handed,the people i work with act like they are in high school and talk bad about other employees behind their backs and lots of gossip!,seems like every time you ask for help they roll their eyes at you like you are a bother to them (go figure),truck drivers can be rude at times and they think they are better than you

Advice to Management

better training!if you want people to stay then things gotta change..make sure employees help one another and not give out attitudes if someone needs help

General manager

I have been working at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores full-time

Pros

Great company. Employee benefits good. Fair reviews process. Upper managemt accessible

Cons

Terrible training. Lack of focus on details . Training GM didn't care if you got trained or not.

Advice to Management

Certify training managers

Apr 20, 2015External Communications Manager

Thank you for the nice comments and the detailed, specific feedback. We will make sure your constructive criticisms are seen by our executives.

11. Poor training and management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA

I worked at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits may have been good

Cons

Lousy training program! Management yells in earpiece "what do you want" when you call for manager's help, inconsistent procedures at locations has new employees confused, give employees less than 10 days to say they aren't catching on never considering they weren't given proper training, management needs to treat people with respect and learn that they are there to support the employees not hide out in the office. Also your name is on your register and others may use it. Any mistakes made will be blamed on you!

Advice to Management

Watch the lower level mgmt staff. Make sure you train people before saying they aren't catching on. Be consistent in stores. Mgmt from other stores teach new people different procedures.

May 5, 2015External Communications Manager

We sure do thank you for your comments. Of course, we wish they were all positive -- but this is an opportunity for us to learn from what you have to say. We greatly appreciate the fact that you took ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed