Lovells

4.8

Lovells Managing Partner David Harris
David Harris

Great place to work

I have been working at Lovells full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits and bonus

Cons

Upper managment, no room for growth

The best company I've ever worked for!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Lovells full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people were great pre and post merge! Pre-merge, management was very fair to the staff--it was the kind of firm that you could stay there until retirement. When you hear "excellent benefits", this company is the absolute first company that comes to mind... Although it was a large international firm, it had a family feel, yet, everyone was professional and no blatant politics to speak of. There was an unparalelled professional customer service; everyone worked HARD but could relax when it was time to do so.

Cons

The local office closed shortly after the firm merged, however, prior to leaving, had an opportunity to work with the new statewide management and it seemed to lose a little of the family feel; likely because the number of statewide offices was pretty large and, no doubt, had to have more conformity across the board to maintain a fairness and consistency that seems customary.

To the international side of management, continue to do what you did and your results will likely continue to be as great as they were. As to the new statewide management, if I just had to comment, I would suggest (based on my experience prior to the merge) that finding the balance - never forgetting that staff is there to lift up those who they support, so if you lift up your staff, the professionals being supported will surely be that much further up... Thank you for everything and Good Luck!

Prior to the merger with Hogan, a good place to work

I worked at Lovells

Pros

Great administrative team that goes the extra mile for employees. Flexibility on time off and general concern for people. Good benefits and competitive compensation package.

Cons

Small presence in US and once the merge took place, Lovells went from being a UK firm to a large US firm which was perceived negatively in the US

Lovells Hong Kong

I worked at Lovells

Pros

Friendly Culture
    Accessible partners
    strong sense of teamwork

Cons

Less premium work than magic circle

na