Lovesac

www.lovesac.com

Lovesac Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Nancy Shalek

Best company I have ever worked for

Store Leader (Current Employee)

ProsLovesac is a life-changing place to work. The company is very close knit, everyone knows each other, and is there to help and support you. I have worked in retail for 11 years, and this is hands down, the best place I have ever worked. The products are high quality, innovative, and carry a warranty that you can stand behind. The company vision is incredible, and you feel like you have a purpose. You have something to really believe in while here. Lovesac is not just a company to work for, it is a movement.

ConsYou need to be able to change and adapt with the company. This is not a clock in, and clock out job. The challenges that you face here are being able to challenge yourself, and give your all everyday. Just when you think you know everything, you have to be ready for that to change, and be ready to learn more!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company spirit, and keep everything close to home. Don't lose sight of the "family" that Lovesac is as it grows!

Wonderful! This job takes a lot of hard work, but is very rewarding!

Store Leader (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsYou are appreciated for your hard work, the product is AMAZING and love working with the people!

ConsBecause it is a growing company, changes happen often to make the company even better. If you are able to adapt to change and roll with it, I really don't see this as a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show appreciation of hard work and dedication...it goes a long way.

Highly innovative products with poor direction, communication, and logistics.

ProsThe product is really well thought out. People love the product and want to have it. The main barriers to buying are price, it is not a cheap couch.

The employees are often some of the most enthusiastic and fun people to work with.

I wish I could come up with more, because I do love the product.

ConsThe main con is that employees are not given the tools they need to be successful, and without the help of other experienced salespersons who have been around for a while it would be near impossible to execute day to day operations without spending weeks if not months training by doing.

There are no bar codes and very few labels on product in the store, and any labels that are on product are often renamed in the computer system to something different. Therefore, you need to learn how to manipulate the search algorithms in the computer in order to find product and/or memorize product names.

There are almost always customer issues that are not handled correctly or are blatantly ignored by management/HQ. In this company, 'the customer is always right' does not ring as true as it should and our reputation with suffer because of this.

Lovesac aims to be a Fortune 500 Top 100 company's to work for by 2015. Having worked with a company for almost 4 years that has made this list for over 10 consecutive years, I can honestly say this will be a very difficult task to accomplish.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication issues - when we have a customer issue and we are trying to get clarification from HQ it is not appropriate for them to wait 5+ days to respond.

Logistics need to be streamlined - we often times see product ship without tracking numbers being given to anyone or product arriving at customers house before we've even been notified it has shipped. Also, things getting shipped to the wrong clients or completely random addresses.

Inventory needs to be more accurately recorded and kept - we never know for sure if something is available or not or where it may be. There is a very rudimentary excel sheet that they send out daily basis that gives a good idea, but we need a real-time inventory system that tells us exactly what is available. The number of emails sent between stores or from HQ asking if anyone has product is not only a burden and time waster for EVERY store to read

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Merchandising lead

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsFounder and Product was ingenious and outstanding, Benefits and starting salary were good

ConsThought the product and company were outstanding. There was little or no training. What training you did have was on the floor in front of customers and peers. One computer to put in all sales. I was told from the beginning that there was no cut throat mentality there which was absolutely not true. You still have to meet quota even though it's a salary job. Which is easy enough when you have a sales background but when the manager her self will steal your sales that's pretty cut throat to me.. She also called me often in my down time to open the store for her because she was always late. Once I started making sure that I got credit for my sales she made sure that my job was terminated asking me to sign paper work which stated lies to back her self up. When i wouldn't sign she threatened my pay saying that it would be with held from me.. Really very unprofessional sales people and management!!

Amazing Products

ProsBeing able to honestly share with customers the awesomeness of quality and comfort that will last the test of time is untouchable. The fact that there is a, fairly standard, discount offered to employees to encourage personal use and knowledge of the high end products is also a pro.

ConsThe seeming lack of communication between corporate and stores as well as zone leaders and everyone is astounding. I also believe that there are communication issues between those at HQ as well.
    Pay rates fluctuate dramatically between employees. For hourly positions, rates start over minimum wadge but don't coincide at all with the prices that are charged for the products sold.
    Promos aren't shared with employees until the day they are being rolled into effect. Even when honestly sharing with customers that 'we really don't know what the next promotion is going to be' sales associates come across as though they are being untruthful. Not how we should be presenting ourselves.
    Some zone leaders like the rah-rah mentality at the cost of showcasing/shaming those stores that are struggling. Not acceptable.
    Not so secret secrets.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet each of the departments at HQ sitting together and encourage fluid communication between them so that they can communicate with stores in a cohesive and timely manner.
    Pay people what they are worth. If you have someone who represents the company well and works well with the customers, pay them as such. For people working full time or near full time, they should be able to actually live (not like kings but pay the bills and not have to decide between transportation or food).
    Store employees aren't looking for trade secrets but a little bit of a heads up as to where promotions are going to be heading would be nice.
    Even though everyone may need a kick in the pants once in a while doesn't mean that it is okay to shame them in front of their peers on a regular basis. Something about bees and honey not vinegar.
    Knowing that other stores are going to close or have major management changes before the store in question knows is just jerky.

Great Company

Floor Salesman (Former Employee) Natick, MA

ProsVery flexible and fun environment to work in
    Great management
    Very comfortable sitting apparatuses

ConsCareer progression can be difficult without proper guidance
    Geographic expansion has slowed in last few years

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

Not bad as far as retail goes...

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsHourly compensation is high, training was very hands on and personalized, and my managers were very friendly and helpful.

ConsIt's a very tough sell, and there is HIGH turnover, even for retail. All of the managers I worked with while I was there are now gone, and it didn't seem to take much to get them out of there even though they were great managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency. Stick to something. I get that environments change as well as products, but not knowing who will be my boss every week is detrimental.

Such promise, but no direction

Operations Lead (Current Employee)

ProsThe company makes high quality merchandise that it stands behind with long lasting (sometimes multiple lifetime) warranties. The work isn't difficult physically, as the furniture isn't particularly heavy.

ConsThe company doesn't know where it's going. They're growing quite quickly, but their logistics side seems to be lacking considerably. As an operations lead, it's frustrating being told we can't offer customers tracking information on their multi-thousand dollar sofa purchase. They also don't seem to care about brand identity or awareness, as their web presence is abysmal and I regularly drive my personal car to handle customer service inquires.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Figure out logistics and that it is, contrary to HQ's belief, a full time job. Stop creating customer issues and then telling the stores they're on their own to fix most of them. And let the stores shine and show off their own designer's style. You have talented employees, but grudges among management prevent them from shining to HQ. Also pay your employees in the stores what they're worth.

Numbers, numbers, numbers

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsSmall company feel, everyone knows everyone, somewhat flexible hours. Amazing product, unmatched by any other furniture company.

ConsAll they care about are the numbers you bring in lately. And you are required to make many "outreach" calls to bring in sales. Basically telemarketing each day to people who have been in the store. Business would be better without the logistics issues and constant backorders that cause people to cancel furniture orders. No retirement plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a retirement plan! Manage your inventory, as the most popular products are always on backorder.

Amazing Company!!!

Store Lead (Current Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsLovesac is an amazing company to be a part of. I have been in a leadership role for other retailers over the last 10 years and Lovesac is by far the best career move I have made. Not only do we sell product that just "wows" everyone we have an interaction with, but they truly believe in and value their people; your voice is always heard. It's a wonderful feeling to go into work and want to stay, not because it is expected but because you love being there. I am very thankful to be a part of Lovesac, and look forward to my continued growth within the company.

ConsLovesac doesn't have a 401k plan yet because of their size, but I am confident it will come as part of our growth in the future.

Worked for Lovesac? Contribute to the Community!