Lowe-Martin Group

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ward Griffin

Great place as a stepping stone into the print industry

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsMany learning experiences, many opportunities to wear different hats, but be cautious that you do not get burnt out.

ConsReactive to customer needs rather than proactively finding ways to better processes. Too many customer "exceptions to the rule"

WORST!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsThey Pay you on Paydays, and no weekend work... and that is about it. I would not recommend this company to anybody.

ConsEvery min of every hour. Management is full of false promises. I have been working here for 2 years and I have not received a penny more then what I started at.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnd IT!!

Good place to work as a first job, but move on quickly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsProvides good experience and life lessons. This place will make you appreciate just how good you have it at another job.

ConsIf you're good at what you do, don't expect to ever be promoted. You will be held back so you can keep doing that job. Jobs that you wish to be promoted to will be filled by external candidates instead. Furthermore, if you go above and beyond, even once, expect whatever you've done to become part of your normal duties forever.

The salary is a joke, and if you factor in the amount of overtime hours you have to work to work to finish all your tasks, it often works out to less than minimum wage.

In my short time here I saw far too many people have mental breakdowns.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou'll continue to lose a lot of human capital when you fail to recognize talent and promote the wrong people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

used and abused

Prosmost fellow employees are great...once you learn who not to trust

Consthe more you do the more is expected of you without any recognition.If you do something "over and above" your regular duties expect it to become part of your regular duties

Advice to Senior Managementdon't ask for employee opinions and then ignore them and do the opposite

Not a happy place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsLots of friendly people to work with.

ConsThere is virtually no advancement. If you do move up, do not expect a raise from your very low starting pay. Morale is extremely low. Way to much management. When times are tough, expect to be laid off, however, your 27 managers will not be. You will never, ever get positive feedback, but expect to hear about it when you screw up.

Would not recommend anyone to work there. Upper management is clueless as to what is happening on the production floor.

(Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsThe only thing that I liked about the company was my co-workers.

ConsVery top heavy company.
    Extended Management, lean production staff.
    Low morale amongst employees. Unqualified managers and team leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs a complete overhaul, a serious HR audit of management skills should be initiated.

Only work for this company if you have no better prospects.

Developer and Administrator (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsJob security and not much else. This company will keep you around for the rest of your life but will cut you to the bone in terms of salary and will show you less and less respect as you get older. If you truly value security and have no where better to go and have no real ambitions, this company is for you.

ConsLack of talent and clear decisions from senior management, the wrong people get promoted, and the good people who do their jobs well never get promoted because its easier to hire someone new for a new position than to retrain someone to replace someone very good at their job.

Very poor communication between management to its employees. A lot of power play and fighting for territory in the management group.

The management team at this company likes to think of itself as being part of a big famous corporation when in fact, it is in a sunset industry and has very poor initiative for change.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting the right people and showing respect to the employees who keep your company running. Stop the political infighting and communicate more with your employees.

Worked for Lowe-Martin Group? Contribute to the Community!