Lowe's

Lowe's Reviews in Alabama

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

Pros
  • They have very good benefits to help in this rough economy (in 228 reviews)

• Working for Lowe's provides decent benefits and a good pay for retail (in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Retail hours and commitment makes the work-life balance difficult to achieve (in 73 reviews)

• You can't keep a steady sleep schedule as a part-time or full-time employee (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights
49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love this company!

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Hoover, AL

ProsGreat starting pay, great incentives and bonuses. This company is a great to start a career in.

ConsVery hard to transfer for personal reasons, like family relocation.

decent summer job

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Wetumpka, AL

ProsThe rolling ladders, fair wages, good coworkers, great hr department, usually something to do.

Consthe stupid race competition, depending on where you are the customers can be really suck, and closing one night and opening the next morning was a frequent and annoying problem.

Notwhat it used to be any more.

Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Prattville, AL

Prosthe customer makes the job wonderful.

Consoverworked and underpaidthey wanted to do 5 jobs in 1 and I don't wanna pay you

Advice to Senior Managementeveryone needs to learn how to work as a team not by there self

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

Cashier - Front End (Former Employee) Oxford, AL

ProsGreat working environment. There is always room to grow. They are always willing to work with you no matter what.

ConsI dislike the fact that they changed to store hours, they opened earlier and closed later.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great foundation and building block for a successful career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsSteady work flow, great way to develop strong customer service skills, ability for long term growth in the company, 401k ESP program, great training and employee development.

ConsRotating schedules, working on most holidays, poor hiring decisions for hourly staff and some management level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring desk jockeys, working side by side with your employees is the best morale booster around plus it is free.

Great place for college kids to work.

CSA - Lumber (Current Employee) Troy, AL

ProsThey work around class schedules

ConsThe pay is not great. Especially if you work in a tough department like Lumber or the Garden center.

I would work at Lowe's again

Weekend Sales Team (Former Employee) Madison, AL

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsPosition was only for the weekends and there were no openings for a regular schedule.

Lowes Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Madison, AL

ProsThey offered benefits to part time employees. I had the flexibility to change my work schedule if needed. My coworkers were extremely nice and fun to be around.

ConsStanding on that concrete floor for the most part of your shift is a bit rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs far as the i worked at they were on top of their game and I don't really have any improvements other than salary.

Lowe's is an alright place to work for a college student.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Fultondale, AL

ProsYou are able to work around your school schedule.

ConsA lot can be demanded with no incentive to get things done. Lowe's is so focused on customer service and sales that they lose appreciation for their employees. You will be told to sell while also keeping the department in shape.
    Management is good for the most part. Where I work the store manager is a pain, but assistant store managers are helpful for the most part they care.
    Customers are the same as any other retail establishment. You will deal with some great customers and some really bad customers.
    Lowe’s offers little to no training for new employees or current employees. If your coworkers are nice and knowledgeable you may learn about your department within a few weeks.

It is okay

CSA (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

Proseasy to get a job. type of work is satisfactory

Consnot very well managed. you feel as if you are on your own,

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure that you are taking care of your employees

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!