Lowe's Reviews in Atlanta, GA

4,091 Reviews

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock
Robert A. Niblock
1,547 Ratings

Pros
  • They have very good benefits to help in this rough economy (in 228 reviews)

• Working for Lowe's provides decent benefits and a good pay for retail (in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Retail hours and commitment makes the work-life balance difficult to achieve (in 73 reviews)

• You can't keep a steady sleep schedule as a part-time or full-time employee (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights

70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

CSR- P/T- Cashier

Current Employee - Csa Front End  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Csa Front End in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice people to work with . and supportive, helpful, willing to assist when needed. Good backup and communication.

Cons

Hours / Schedule -- Got the worst schedule being the last one hired... 1-10:00 PM... Sat/Sun.. Closed...
    Put me back in the lumber area where it VERY SLOW/////////// and VERY LITTLE TO DO ///////// .
    Culture seems to be a 'robotic-mechanical routing'... You are a body doing a function.. and show up and do the job.

Listen to suggestions by the people who are low level employees...
    Treat employees with the same level of respect that you would expect from your superiors... some ASM's don't seem to grasp that the lower level employees are the backbone of what keeps customers coming back and the operations moving forward.. Leadership and mode of structure should be better chartered by management.. Metrics and numbers .. sales volume is significant but not EVERYTHING........

On Your Own

Former Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can't ignore the strength of the company, the profit sharing, or the willingness to train you. It's there, and you should take every opportunity. They have the tools, they have the facility, they have the products. If there's something you want to learn, they'll facilitate the lesson.

Cons

They just don't have the monitoring/reporting power over their dept. managers' decisions. If you are selling special orders in kitchen, flooring, millworks, etc., it is far too easy for a coworker to go into the system, cancel the order, then re-enter it as their own sale. That was done by my mgr at least 7x over 9 months. First time it happened, I went to my mgr and asked for the explanation. I was told, sorry, won't happen again. It happened again. Went to sales manager, was told it won't happen again. It happened again. Went to store mgr, and was told don't worry, it won't happen again. You know how the story goes. In short, almost 1800 of commissions for special orders went to................my manager, not me. All because he'd schedule my day off during the days the special orders were received. He'd call in the customer, then process everything as his sale. No way to stop it. Thus, the title of the review.

Oh, and if you're fit, you will be called for a "code 50" (to load something heavy for a customer) many many more times than your obese or small coworkers. Too easy to become the department or store mule with their abuse of this policy.

With these factors in place, I can understand why many just floated around like ghosts, trying to fade into the background. Achievement in a retail service environment often got described as "the tallest blade of grass is the first to get cut".

How about a way to protect a salesperson's special orders authorship so that the weasels can't steal commissions from good, capable sales people? The system in place is best described as "the honor system", not a sales system. Also, track which dept managers are scheduling the same people to close before a holiday and open the day after. You'll discover an unnerving pattern or two.

For the most part it was ok

Current Employee - Pro Services Loader  in  Sandy Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Pro Services Loader in Sandy Springs, GA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Higher start of pay then most,

Cons

If you start in one position they try their best to keep you in it for years

Get more connected with employees and take good care of them your only as good as they people who work for you, if you trick your employees like human beings they will work like they are gracious.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looking to grow into additional upward positions

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It allows you to influence employees and customers lives

Cons

Some advancement opportunities come slow

Don't always listen to opinions. find out for yourself

Pretty Good Company

Current Employee - Sales Specialist - Windows and Walls  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist - Windows and Walls in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Offers 401k, great benefits, transit perks. Great morale and fun activities for the employees. Company really seems to value employees.

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Keep up the good work.

Caring, respectable company.

Former Employee - Ltl Stocker  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Ltl Stocker in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provided financial assistant for college. Worked around my school schedule. Great pay for a college student. Great opportunity to stay in shape.

Cons

Did not really have anything bad happen, nothing that isn't typical for a retail company. Some management didn't care.

Sales asscoiate

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

Pros

can move up if you work hard and know what you are doing.

Cons

management babysits their employees

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, ability to grow and Develop, time off policies

Cons

too much micro management and power hungry leadership

Company Review

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II W/E  in  Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II W/E in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work if you know what you are doing. Superior growth opportunities, lots of room for advancement. If you are hard working and humble, you will move up PRETTY FAST in pay and in position. You can come in seasonal and become part of Management team in less than 12 months. . Excellent benefits, Awesome staffs and Management is o.k

Cons

You are on your feet for your entire shift except break time. The work is hard, it's a good place to work and loose weight because walking and heavy lifting is involved, but you are well rewarded depending on your position. You only have one weekend off per month if you are full time. Management works under pressure, we loose management more than we loose regular employees.

Upper Management should spread out weekend shift to every other weekend instead one weekend a month. And should go easy on the Department Management staff. They work them a little too hard.

It was blah! They only care about money!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Lilburn, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lilburn, GA

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

My manager stood up for me with a bad customer, but not all of them will do this.

Cons

Don't care about the employee, under paid! Will take back anything even if customer clearly used the item and even didn't have a receipt. The company will do anything for a sale! Will give the associate discount to anyone who grips enough, yet I have to work 40 hours a weeks for mine... Hmm! Hours sucked!

Pay fairly, stop allowing customers to abuse the return policy... Oh an employee discount should be just that not every customer that walks in the door. I don't get a
    Discount just I walked into Walmart...

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!