Lowe's

4,847 Reviews

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock
Robert A. Niblock
1,857 Ratings

Pros
  • Working for Lowe's provides decent benefits and a good pay for retail (in 288 reviews)

• The pay is decent for anybody looking for a retail job and they have good benefits as well (in 273 reviews)

Cons
  • there's no work-life balance as an employee classified as a store level manager (in 95 reviews)

• Have to be full time worker in order to be eligible for tuition reimbursement (in 178 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

gratifying

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Billings, MT

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

willing to work with me

Cons

Relying on the commitment of others

Don't be afraid to follow through with your decisions.

Sales Specialist

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Billings, MT

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Getting Customers what they need at a decent price and being competitive about it.

Cons

Poor management, Poor enforcement of Policy, ASM's in my store will blatantly not follow next day delivery policy, Poor pay for me being the new guy (Literally Half that of my fellow workers) No commission, No incentive to sell more, Co-workers and fellow team members were too lazy to help, Intercom system and computer system used hasn't changed since the 1980's and they are giving the CEO a 50% raise while taking away all bonuses from the employees. Poor store even though I had the desire to sell and grow.

Give the money to the employees. Respect your Specialists and treat them a little more with dignity than a CSA. Take out the worthless WE team and replace with part timer's, pay the Insurance costs for the employees instead of being cheap.

Archaic view of employees

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Billings, MT

I worked at Lowe's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Variety of work within store.

Cons

Mandatory rotating schedule that requires full availability from 5:30am to 11:00pm 7 days per week. No more than 1 weekend off per month. Low pay for same positions elsewhere. No commission for sales. No quality of life balance for employees due to extremely restrictive and unnecessarily burdensome corporate scheduling policies.

Provide flexibility for employees by allowing fixed scheduling. Training before starting employees in any positions.