Lowe's

Lowe's Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

Pros
  • They have very good benefits to help in this rough economy(in 228 reviews)

• Good opportunity for advancement if you are truly hungry to have a career(in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience, this has been made up for with the work life balance(in 69 reviews)

• You can't keep a steady sleep schedule as a part-time or full-time employee(in 150 reviews)

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best retail job I have had

Internet Fulfillment (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLowe's is definitely heading in the right direction. Lots of good changes coming. Management is great at my particular store. Co-workers are awesome and will help you when needed. Benefits are great and pay is better than I expected

ConsIt's retail....any retail position will have its bad days where you want to rip your hair off! People tend to forget that managers are human and they will have bad days too.. I am lucky to be at a store where management are genuinely caring and will help you if they can. Though I believe they are too lenient with a few coworkers who never seem to do anything. Our front end is a mess because there are no consequences to calling out or being late

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at your employees who are actually doing their job and those who aren't enforce policies.

big change

Department Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosgood insurance, some good people, stable emplyment for the full time people,

Conscorporate has taken so much away that all personal incentive is gone. We have lost lots of good employees. Bonus is now based on everyone including part timers that really don't care. No chance for much improvement at store level unless you are willing to give up your personal life. No better schedule for long time employees. No cost of living rases. Yet our CEO gave himself a 50% raise. A slap in the face to the rest of us that work so hard!

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have more and more useless tasks given to us and rule that make it difficult to do our job. I think those at the top need to work with us for a week so they know what it is really like.

Not good for a future career.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsMany locations to work.

ConsThey come off as a family oriented company but have no loyalty for seasoned employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not a good business plan to get rid of your managers with over 10 years experience for some with little or no experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood friendly atmosphere, stores feel like a family. Ability to advance is commensurate with experience and work ethic. It's a company you can make a career out of if you desire.

ConsThere is still the good o'l boy mentality a play in the stores and the home office. You really need a strong advocate for your potential advancement. There appears to be some gender and age discrimination occurring within the stores. As a former manager I seen it from district and regional managers who wanted to move out the "old wood" for some newer talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider placing an overseer in each region to provide oversight on age questionable terminations. Someone older who has no skin in the game, not your typical HR reps.

Store # 1920 Charlotte, NC

CSA (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere are still some employees on sales floor and registers that know the meaning true customer service and if they could be heard by corporate leadership this company would do better.

ConsThe senior management at this store should not be trusted for anything, they do not care any more. Just glorified babysitters collecting a free pay check.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and get rid of them, before they destroy this store, the customers deserve better. Stop the unethical practices applied to the employees.

Kitchen Cabinet Specialist

Kitchen Cabinet Specialist (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLove designing. Great benefits. Fast paced and lots of customers make the hours fly by. As a people person I enjoy the interaction with the public. Great vendor support.

ConsThe schedule is my biggest complaint. I hate only having one weekend off per month, and working until 10:30 on close nights. In my opinion, this position doesn't belong within the parameters of the regular store area, on the open floor,and the hours therein. It almost needs to be segmented away from the noise of the power equipment and loud paging. Management doesn't understand what encompasses this area. Other departments cannot support Kitchen Cabinet designs due to the lack of understanding of the design program.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should spend more time understanding what encompasses this area. It is different from any other area in the store. Kitchen Cabinets doesn't have any other employees who can support us in our absence. Much more organized information and procedures need to be instituted in order for this area to be more successful. There are too many gray lines in this department.

The company is not what what it claims to be. They will use you to get ahead then let you go or leave you behind like a

Department Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe relationships and friendship is gained as well as the overall customer service I was able to provide. The great customers that came in and shop the store on a constant basis

ConsThe inexperience senior management staff and HR not being there for the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure they don't have prior arrest records and make sure they are train before being put in a management position.

Chicken or the egg

Millwork Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosbenefits, steady paycheck, there is always something to do and it changes every day

Consthey want more sales, yet to give the level of customer service they expect they need more people

Advice to Senior Managementto get more sales you need more people, to get more people you need more sales. You can not keep saying that. Something else has to change

nice place to work

Cashier (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosfun people to work with. HR do well hiring people that fit

Conswe have a department supervisor that is very disrespectful to her cashiers. done think the management staff is doing what should be done to correct this issue.

Advice to Senior Managementwe will see

Great company to work for.

Area Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsRewarding, constant evolution, recognition for hard work.

ConsWork, life balance could be better.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!