Lowe's

Lowe's Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

Pros
  • They have very good benefits to help in this rough economy (in 228 reviews)

• Working for Lowe's provides decent benefits and a good pay for retail (in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Retail hours and commitment makes the work-life balance difficult to achieve (in 73 reviews)

• You can't keep a steady sleep schedule as a part-time or full-time employee (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights
54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great

Driver (Current Employee) Belmont, NC

Proshealth benefits, wage good, people

Conswork ethics, people calling out, management not carry about there employees

big change

Department Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosgood insurance, some good people, stable emplyment for the full time people,

Conscorporate has taken so much away that all personal incentive is gone. We have lost lots of good employees. Bonus is now based on everyone including part timers that really don't care. No chance for much improvement at store level unless you are willing to give up your personal life. No better schedule for long time employees. No cost of living rases. Yet our CEO gave himself a 50% raise. A slap in the face to the rest of us that work so hard!

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have more and more useless tasks given to us and rule that make it difficult to do our job. I think those at the top need to work with us for a week so they know what it is really like.

Not good for a future career.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsMany locations to work.

ConsThey come off as a family oriented company but have no loyalty for seasoned employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not a good business plan to get rid of your managers with over 10 years experience for some with little or no experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Needs fixing

Front End Customer Service (Current Employee) Indian Land, SC

ProsPay is good. Comfortable clothing can be worn.

ConsNo 15 breaks for Front end cashiers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure no one is taken advantage of. We need a break before our lunch break. We shouldn't be forced to stand on the concrete floors for up to 6 hours without a 15 minute break. Some of us want to be healthy and happy , this can't happen when you can't walk or do anything because we work for Lowe's.

Disappointment

Administrative Office Clerk (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsCoworkers are friendly and some managers.

ConsPart time employee in December & January they are lucky to have 10 hours a week. Try to make living!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLowe's hires only seasonal and part time people. This is not a good way to run business.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood friendly atmosphere, stores feel like a family. Ability to advance is commensurate with experience and work ethic. It's a company you can make a career out of if you desire.

ConsThere is still the good o'l boy mentality a play in the stores and the home office. You really need a strong advocate for your potential advancement. There appears to be some gender and age discrimination occurring within the stores. As a former manager I seen it from district and regional managers who wanted to move out the "old wood" for some newer talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider placing an overseer in each region to provide oversight on age questionable terminations. Someone older who has no skin in the game, not your typical HR reps.

People are friendly and customers are great.

Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee) Belmont, NC

ProsSeem to care about employees welfare.

ConsCommunication and training are inadequate.

Great things are in store for you

CSA III (Current Employee) Concord, NC

ProsVery easy going and teamwork is a must. As long as you do your job to the best of your abilities, then other opportunities will come your way.

ConsProvided great customer service even when the customer is rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more effectively with all employees.

Store # 1920 Charlotte, NC

CSA (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere are still some employees on sales floor and registers that know the meaning true customer service and if they could be heard by corporate leadership this company would do better.

ConsThe senior management at this store should not be trusted for anything, they do not care any more. Just glorified babysitters collecting a free pay check.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and get rid of them, before they destroy this store, the customers deserve better. Stop the unethical practices applied to the employees.

You do not get paid enough for all of the problems which are created by the Lowe's "system"

Pro Services Specialist (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsLowe's has decent benefits and it is better than digging ditches.

ConsThe people I work with are mostly "terminal adolescents" that really should be working at K-Mart. They tend to hire managers that are the opposite of dynamic; robots have more personality than most of the ones I met. The biggest knock on Lowe's is their willingness to ignore customer service in favor of other corporate "efficiencies". One being: stores are run on a skeleton crew. A second one is: the POS and other software utilized in the stores are so antiquated, it puts Lowe's at a disadvantage in inventory and associate productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementTheir ability to recognize talent is way overrated and they should take it more seriously. They also lose truly talented, dedicated people because of their unwillingness to compensate them commensurate with their ability to bring sales into the store.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!