Lowe's

Lowe's Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

Pros
  • They have very good benefits to help in this rough economy(in 228 reviews)

• Good opportunity for advancement if you are truly hungry to have a career(in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience, this has been made up for with the work life balance(in 69 reviews)

• You can't keep a steady sleep schedule as a part-time or full-time employee(in 150 reviews)

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

With hard work it is possible to advance quickly

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Rosenberg, TX

ProsIt has great environment to move up throughout company. Has a great retirement plan and allows you to customize options within the plans. Management is open to new ideas and plans that would move forward the companys business plan.

ConsHave to be on the look out for some employees that try to gain their own goals at expense of others. The health coverage is not the best with deductibles and co-pays.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an ongoing open door communication with employees to address concerns and share ideas to assist in the improvement of the company

HR Manager

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBonus pay, promotions, increases, merit raises, increased knowledge and growth

ConsSome management staff can make life very interesting

Advice to Senior ManagementReview Upper Management a little more closely to see what is really happening with fairness, and if they are actually working instead of working the nerves of HR managers. Have Region Management to actually visit the store locations and speak privately with HR to understand what is actually happening at their location, with their immediate managers, if additional training is needed, if they are experiencing any internal critical issues, or just potential critical issues. Please don't just trust HR's immediate supervisors to inform corporate of what's really happening at the store level. Investigate to see if what HR's upper management is reporting reflects the reality of what has been reported or is it just a means to cover up and maintain their on employment security. Meaning they don't want it to appear that a lot of issues are occurring so some small things get ignored, which turn into large things that cost Lowe's money later. Other than that, I really loved my job and Lowe's as a company was very good to me. It afforded me a great life style. I was sad to leave.

good fast money, but keep looking

Cashier (Current Employee) Cypress, TX

Prosbetter money then any other retail job, if not a manager

Consbad hours, crazy and lazy management team, NO RAISES or reviews or evaluations unless you ask them about it, TERRIBLE LOSS PREVENTION, and TERRIBLE RETURN POLICY.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus more on employee appreciation because we take care of customer appreciation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of positive changes for the company, but not the employee

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros401K match, paid time off, sick time, SSEI program, medical, dental, vision

ConsLoss of commissioned sales, loss of bonus op., increased insureance cost, higher deductables, less medical coverage, loss in pay. No motivation

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the carrot back on the stick! No carrot = no preformance

Wish the company cared more about it's employees.

Cashier (Current Employee) Lake Jackson, TX

ProsDecent wage, part-time benefits, ability to learn and grow within the company

ConsManagement doesn't take opinions or complaints seriously

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees because they are the eyes, ears and face of your company.

Easy job and great for students.

Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee) Tomball, TX

ProsFlexible schedules, fair pay, decent management.

ConsLate hours, lack of motivation in coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who will actually work and care about what they do.

lowes is a really great place to work

Head Cashier (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat pay for the job. people very friendly. great bounses. help is there if you need it. training is available if needed. people are willing to help from all around the store.

Consdifferent shifts very often. no set shifts

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what u doing

it has been a wonderful experise

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

Prosa place where you can grow

Consthere is no neg. to say

for the most part it was ok

Head Cashier (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosok company to work for

Consbigger raises would be nice rather than the .20 cents

Overnight Stocker

Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe job is very straightforward. Come to work, put up merchandise manually, or with power equipment, then go home.

ConsAll holidays are black out days, so if its not one of your off nights, you're definitely working. Also, I came to Lowe's because they ofder tuition reimbursement...but quickly realized that they try to keep employees at part time status as long as possible. Therefore, I was never eligible for tuition reimbursement. There are employees that work full time hours (and more), but have been at part time status for over three years!

Also, getting a new position within my store is all about who you know, there's too much gossip

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage, and stop moving managers around to positions that will make them look bad. Just fire them, stop settin people up so they can 'hang themselves'.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!