Lowe's

Lowe's Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

Pros
  • They have very good benefits to help in this rough economy(in 228 reviews)

• Good opportunity for advancement if you are truly hungry to have a career(in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience, this has been made up for with the work life balance(in 69 reviews)

• You can't keep a steady sleep schedule as a part-time or full-time employee(in 150 reviews)

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience has been great

Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits for the employees i must say

ConsGruesome hours may stay longer than expected

Great Company

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDecent Pay, dental and insurance benefits. 6 paid holidays.

ConsAvailable to work all rotating shifts.

Bring back commission

Pse (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCan make decent money with commission in the PSE position.
    Will work around school (if part-time - you are screwed if full-time).

ConsLowes, as most large retailers, will whip the ones that work and allow those who don't to get away with murder.
    Quality of the employment depends on your particular management, which won't last long. Management turnover is just as high as employee. I have worked at 3 locations and have seen countless store managers and ASMs come and go.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about productivity, sales, and employee happiness then orders from the DM.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A sinking ship

ProsPaid ontime, 401K match, Stock purchase

Consincentives have all been removed, bonus structure is a joke. To many cheifs (that have no idea what they are doing) Computer system (new launch) is a joke, inventory is NEVER right, Working every national holiday, Rotating schedule, so school, or part time job is impossible! Corporate is disconnected from reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for your employees! Treat them better. Pay fair. Say thank you

HR Manager

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBonus pay, promotions, increases, merit raises, increased knowledge and growth

ConsSome management staff can make life very interesting

Advice to Senior ManagementReview Upper Management a little more closely to see what is really happening with fairness, and if they are actually working instead of working the nerves of HR managers. Have Region Management to actually visit the store locations and speak privately with HR to understand what is actually happening at their location, with their immediate managers, if additional training is needed, if they are experiencing any internal critical issues, or just potential critical issues. Please don't just trust HR's immediate supervisors to inform corporate of what's really happening at the store level. Investigate to see if what HR's upper management is reporting reflects the reality of what has been reported or is it just a means to cover up and maintain their on employment security. Meaning they don't want it to appear that a lot of issues are occurring so some small things get ignored, which turn into large things that cost Lowe's money later. Other than that, I really loved my job and Lowe's as a company was very good to me. It afforded me a great life style. I was sad to leave.

A lot of positive changes for the company, but not the employee

Pros401K match, paid time off, sick time, SSEI program, medical, dental, vision

ConsLoss of commissioned sales, loss of bonus op., increased insureance cost, higher deductables, less medical coverage, loss in pay. No motivation

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the carrot back on the stick! No carrot = no preformance

lowes is a really great place to work

Head Cashier (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat pay for the job. people very friendly. great bounses. help is there if you need it. training is available if needed. people are willing to help from all around the store.

Consdifferent shifts very often. no set shifts

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what u doing

for the most part it was ok

Head Cashier (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosok company to work for

Consbigger raises would be nice rather than the .20 cents

Overnight Stocker

Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe job is very straightforward. Come to work, put up merchandise manually, or with power equipment, then go home.

ConsAll holidays are black out days, so if its not one of your off nights, you're definitely working. Also, I came to Lowe's because they ofder tuition reimbursement...but quickly realized that they try to keep employees at part time status as long as possible. Therefore, I was never eligible for tuition reimbursement. There are employees that work full time hours (and more), but have been at part time status for over three years!

Also, getting a new position within my store is all about who you know, there's too much gossip

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage, and stop moving managers around to positions that will make them look bad. Just fire them, stop settin people up so they can 'hang themselves'.

CSA

CSA I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou work with a lot of interesting people, and meet a lot of different customers.

ConsStore tends to show favoritism and only promotes the same individuals instead of promoting people within.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people who are proven to do a job from within. Hiring people from outside the company to do a job over current employees who have to train them is a slap in the face.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!