Lowe's Reviews

4,323 Reviews

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock
Robert A. Niblock
1,637 Ratings

Pros
  • Working for Lowe's provides decent benefits and a good pay for retail (in 274 reviews)

• The pay is decent for anybody looking for a retail job and they have good benefits as well (in 259 reviews)

Cons
  • Lowe's still keeps the value of work-life balance while expecting loyalty to the job (in 91 reviews)

• Have to be full time worker in order to be eligible for tuition reimbursement (in 171 reviews)

More Highlights

a real honest review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, NY

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

full-time available employment.benefits.able to join management training program.friendly atmosphere. .good pay. 401k eligable.flexible spending account available to help with medical costs.

Cons

air quality not the best(dust,surfaces not always clean)they should have a cleaning crew for accumulating dust on high stocked product.open availability is a must to be hired which is 1 hr before and after store hours. each week you dont have any specific shift you can count on.schedule is different every day every week.some employees tend to be gossipy about others which i feel is not professional.standing on concrete floors 9 hrs. a day are is very hard on your feet .registers need better mats for foot/leg support.

compliment your employees more often when you see they are doing a good job or if they are doing more than is expected of them.

Laid back atmosphere with a lot of learning opportunities

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere. You work independently, maybe with a "to-do" list written by your department manager. Those on the floor have a lot more freedom than those on the front end. You get to go to break and lunch basically whenever you want, as long as you have coverage during those busier hours. Everyone at my location is very friendly. Some have been working there for 16 years when the store opened and there's a "family feel" to the workplace

Cons

1 weekend off a month max. And sometimes scheduling rotations get messed up and you may not have a weekend for 6 weeks or so. There is room to move up, but management seems to know who they want before applications before even start coming in. 9 hour work days because of 1 hour unpaid lunch.

Area Human Resources Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, paid time off,

Cons

Micro managed, no much upward mobility.

Operations Management

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Large company with opportunity, great benefits and strong company values. Very developed training program. A great company for somebody that likes structure.

Cons

The set schedule didn't work with my family life so I didn't stay with the company long. If this had been explained in the beginning I would not have joined the company.

Awesome Place to Work

Former Employee - Cashier - Front End in Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier - Front End in Royal Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Lowe's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is above average, advancement opportunities, Part Time benefits, Lots of opportunities within store (store employed over 250 employees)

Cons

Some People that worked there had an attendance problem and Utter and Complete lack of respect for fellow co-workers in a nut-shell it took them over 5 years to finally drop the book because the company has 5 levels of write ups before they can let someone go.

Communicate (one on One)with Low-Level employees so we don't think your blood drinking vampires, lol j/k

Great Company and Benefits

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Gorgeous headquarters, great work-life balance

Cons

Deep management structure, where titles play an important role.

Lowes

Current Employee - Cashier in Brewer, ME
    Current Employee - Cashier in Brewer, ME

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

scheduling is good. flexible
    pay is very good and benefits.

Cons

moving from cashier to floor is hard.

training across the board should be the same for everyone.

Working for Lowes has been a pleasure.

Current Employee - Department Manager in Waldorf, MD
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lowes has affored me great benefits as a full time associate and as a part time associate. Lowe's has also allowed me the opportunity to investment in my future with retirement plans.

Cons

The rotational schedule can be a bit tiring from time to time. The lack of work support as far a staffing can be a bit stressful when needing to complete certain functions of the job.

Find better ways to manage payroll and staffing. Better bonuses for in store associated would also be very appealing.

Good place to work, good benefits

Former Employee - Administrative Office Associate in East Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Administrative Office Associate in East Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Scheduling difficulties leading to lack of work on busy days, had a hard time getting management to stay on the same page when asking a question.

Try and meet with fellow managers and subordinates more frequently in order to be able to stay on the same page so everyone will be able to stay in the loop as far as current events and promotions, and be sure to go over the rules as well so everyone (new and old) can know and put those rules into place on the salesfloor.

Valuable

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate - Building Materials in Boone, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate - Building Materials in Boone, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working in building materials helped our my career goals in construction management and allowed me to gain more product knowledge. I was able to interact with customers to offer advice and help with their projects. I especially enjoyed using all the equipment to stock the building supply shelves and customers' vehicles. I played a vital role in the installation and sales programs alongside commercial sales. I really enjoyed working here.

Cons

I don't have any cons except that I could have managed the building materials floor better than my former manager.