Lowe's

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

(1,192 ratings)

2,292 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Overall Lowes is a wonderful place to work with good benefits even for part timers"
    in 136 reviews
  • "Always have the opportunity for advancement"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lowe's does not concern themselves with their employees having a Work/Life Balance"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Part time benefits not very comprehensive but they do have an EAP plan"
    in 78 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

a good company for retail

Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)
Riverside, CA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros401k match you up to 6% then a percentage after. The management team at my store is great .... tons of stores = more advancement opportunities .. we get small bonuses if we make our sales and service quotas .. benefits and stock purchase

Conspay raise per year is very low!!.. not sure if I will make it a career I am interested in HR but the HR turn over rate is very high at every store I have been to kind of scares me from taking that path ... also operating system is so old! I understand it would be extremely difficult and expensive to change but at some point I believe it needs to be done

Advice to Senior Managementi enjoy my management team at my store

The best Weekend Job around

I have been working at Lowe's part-time

ProsThe best job there is

ConsThere aren't any cons that I can remember

Good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lowe's

ProsI learned a lot while I was there.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

Great Place to Work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is safe to say that everyone wants to be happy where they work and enjoy what they do. When it comes to retail work, Lowes Home Improvement is the best “big box hardware store” to work for, hands down. Now Lowes, the place where you never stop improving together, has proven day in and day out to its employees that this is not just a marketing scheme, but it is in fact the way that Lowes runs its business. As an employer, Lowes outshines its hardware competitors in many ways. Lowes is a great place to work because has a plethora of growth opportunities for its employees to take advantage of. Lowes also offers great benefits to part-time and fulltime employees, and to top it all off the positive culture that is customer and community based makes it a fun and friendly environment to work in each and every day.
        Opportunity for employment at Lowes seems to be endless. From gardening and woodworking, to painting and interior design, Lowes offers an array of positions that focus on all different types of home improvement specialties. On top of being able to entertain employees with working in their different interests, Lowes offers positions to anyone from a recent high school graduate, to college students, to college graduates, to retired veterans. The great thing about Lowes is there are stores nationwide. The huge selection of stores to work at and the many opportunities they all have to offer for employment make it possible for employees to move around and have many opportunities to promote.
        When it comes down to it, Lowes is a great place to work. Between the endless opportunities in career advancement, to great health and retirement benefits, to a positive and progressive culture, Lowes truly has it all.

ConsSome of the challenges working in retail include an ever-changing work schedule, working on most holidays, and balancing your schedule with family time. This is a struggle that is faced at almost all retail stores and is certainly not unique to Lowe's.

Excellent company, great pay compared to other retailers.

Customer Service Associate-Appliances (Former Employee)
Columbia, MO

I worked at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

ProsLowe's provided great high level training especially in the appliance department.
Lowe's provided great compensation for the work that you did no matter what department you were in.

ConsThe biggest con was that they took away spiffs when selling appliances which added another 50% of income to every paycheck.
When it comes down to it, Lowe's is retail and retail has its ups and downs.

good

I have been working at Lowe's

Prosteam spirit, good pay good people

Conshours schedule roataing shifts hard work

It is a great commpany to work for!

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

ProsI love working at lowes. They offer great benefits and really cares about their employees.

ConsChallenges of working at lowes are sometimes there is a lack of communication between management and employees.

For a physical retail store, it is a very good company to work for.

I have been working at Lowe's full-time

ProsI am fortunate to have a position that does not work on weekends so there is a good work-life balance. It's a Monday - Friday steady schedule that pays pretty well for a store. I like the 401k retirement benefits, too.

ConsI dislike the way that current employees have to apply for positions when they want to move to another area as if they were not even employed with Lowe's at all. For example, if you get tired of working in hardware and would instead like to work in paint then you would have to wait for an opening in paint and apply for it, then hope you get picked for the job. It seems to kill morale.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lowe's review

Part Time Cashier (Current Employee)
Akron, OH

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsLowe's is a great company to work for and very employee focused. They provide great pay and benefits.

ConsBetter communication between the management and other employees is needed

very happy working at Lowes

Head Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIts always busy, there is always something new going on.

ConsCommunication is poor between management and csa

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All 2,292 reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.