Lowe's

4,500 Reviews

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock
Robert A. Niblock
1,713 Ratings

Pros
  • Working for Lowe's provides decent benefits and a good pay for retail (in 277 reviews)

• The pay is decent for anybody looking for a retail job and they have good benefits as well (in 262 reviews)

Cons
  • there's no work-life balance as an employee classified as a store level manager (in 93 reviews)

• Have to be full time worker in order to be eligible for tuition reimbursement (in 173 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing

Current Employee - CSA in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - CSA in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

move up really fast they pay great. people are amazing

Cons

management are not really good at there jobs

get better and people skills

LP Manager

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Store discount and guaranteed overtime pay

Cons

Horrible pay, bad area staff, upper management has inconsistent standards for each employee.

I really enjoy working at lowes they have helped me when I needed it the most.

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

I enjoy heloing customers find all the items they need for the project they are working in. I enjoy the first name relationship you make with the regular customers that come in day to day. The pay if great also.

Cons

When the spring and summer time ends and sales get lower hours for part time people and the hours for seasonal help ends it can get stressful trying to have enough coverage. Everyone pulls together and we work as a team to get the job done :)

Keep up the good work when the time gets short and they days get busy, we appreciate the time you spend on a register. Thanks for having patience!

Okay place to work

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Good competitive pay, fair in hours and responsibilities.

Cons

Upper management and HR are not always trustworthy. Inconsistent with handling of people and expectations.

Keep head down and do just what is asked. Be mindful of who you trust.

great company

Current Employee - Cashier in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great team work in the company

Cons

nothing really to complain about

keep on keeping on!

Overall a good company to work for, due to the good employees.

Former Employee - Receiver Stocker in Cornelia, GA
    Former Employee - Receiver Stocker in Cornelia, GA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lowe's is a great place to work at, nice benefits, and great people. The People that work for Lowe's always make each other feel like family and are always helping each other out to make the work environment comfortable for all but still keeping it professional.

Cons

Management cares more about their image than their employees. This company does special things to help the local community, but when it comes to helping employees. Forget it. It's all about advertisement, and helping an employee outside of the work place does not gain Lowe's any advertisement. So your own your own outside of the workplace as far as this company is concerned.

Less managers and more real people that care.

Lowes is a good place to work

Current Employee - Plumbing Pro in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Plumbing Pro in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a full time associate, I am able to make enough money to cover my living expenses. The pay is excellent for a plumbing pro. Vacation time is two weeks a year and this is much better than other retail venues. The health benefits are very reasonable and the deductibles are low. One gets a significant level of satisfaction by helping the customers with their plumbing problems. You also learn much from the regular customers and the contractors that shop there. This position is a great way to increase you plumbing knoweledge and experience. If you have electrical, mechanical, or building materials knoweledge as well, your job satisfaction and learning will be even greater.

Cons

The plumbing pro job involves a lot of lifting of merchandise and some of it is heavy. Sometimes you have to go in in the morning after closing the night before and this can be difficult. You only get one whole weekend off a month and one Sunday off by itself per month. A new associate typically starts off working only part-time and it can take over a year before you are promoted to full-time.

Zone Managers - Try to be more accomodating when associates ask you for help, for example, like when they ask you for an iPhone. This will enable them to better serve the customers. Don't act like they are doing something wrong by asking you for assistance. Department Managers - Don't schedule an employee for the same shift every day because this can be very monotonous and draining for them. A varied schedule allows them to have a better home life.

Good company

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always changing, never dull. Good benefits.

Cons

Must be available to work rotating shifts.

Say hello to employees.

Slow suicide

Current Employee - Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

a handful of my co-workers are fun to be around and being a night stocker at least i don't have to handle customers

Cons

Management at many of the stores is a joke and although they require jobs to be posted and interviews given it's still very much a good ole boy system which they prove at my store by sending out an email to the wrong people about someone starting a new job soon even though they had not finished interviewing the required 3 people. Hours are cut randomly and you're told you only perceive you have too much work. Open door policy is the fastest way to cut your own throat at Lowe's and Ethics point is supposed to be anonymous yet somehow anyone who reports anything is singled out and given hell on a daily basis. I'm looking every day for a job somewhere else and have even had to go on medication for anxiety caused by working for this company.

Take better care of your employees before they get smart and bring in unions and start reporting you to OSHA and such..... a mere threat was made at my store and wow did a lot of stuff magically get fixed quick.

Good job through college

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership culture is moving in the right direction. Benefits are solid.

Cons

Most positions don't have a set schedule--shifts vary greatly.