LowerMyBills Reviews

Steve Krenzer

1. Product Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermosa Beach, CA

I worked at LowerMyBills full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with an awesome culture and strong leadership

Cons

At the time I was there, compensation was slightly below market value

2. An amazing company with strong leadership

Current Employee - California in Playa Vista, CA
    Current Employee - California in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company fosters a creative and cohesive culture. The motto "powered by people who come to win" is actually true. These offices ooze with talent and leadership works hand-in-hand with you to drive revenue and we all share in the rewards.

Cons

None come to mind.

Advice to Management

Never slow down on innovation. That's what keeps us going!

3. Great place to work for managers

I have been working at LowerMyBills

Pros

Great location, profitable business, work place fun activities and events are good, good group of people overall. If you are a good manager of people with some programming experience this is the right place.Data driven. Good place to work if you just want a job, not necessarily a career.

Cons

Nothing to offer from career perspective for programmer or engineer. 70% admin tasks, 30% coding. QA dept is in-competent. Technology leadership lacks direction, business changes rapidly and as a programer you need to keep up with those changes, which means more rapid work and tight deadlines. Low retention in product department, which means there are always new product managers who are learning themselves. Data driven, to the extent that they measure your code quality by the number of bugs, which in my view is a poor poor way to measure quality. Off shore team is poor.

5. HR team rocks

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Time off was favorable Hr team was great place to develop and grow career

Cons

Lots of change in short amounts of time, but all was well communicated

Advice to Management

Continue with the open communication

6. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun environment, Lots of great company activities, great benefits, good place to start a career and learn about online marketing, great pay

Cons

limited growth opportunity, No direct path to career development, Management has an Open Door Policy to discuss issues but rarely fix them,

7. Great People Working on Awful Products Really Well

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture of openness, comradarie and encouraged curiosity. Most everyone is friends with one another and this friendship transcends company walls. The company has an open bar box at the Staples Center too which is a lot of fun. Lots of great company activities too. The management team has honestly cares about the employees growth and development -- even Steve! (the CEO). Very open and collaborative in this sense. All ideas are valued and vetted.

Cons

The monitors are way too small. dual 19"s. Seriously this isn't 1999 anymore... Also, unnecessary IT restrictions (can't install CounterStrike or iTunes) make me feel like I'm in the 5th grade (that said, the game room is excellent). Super heavy clock-watch culture also. In at 9 and out by 7 (granted, there is an opaque unlimited vacation policy).

Advice to Management

BIGGER MONITORS! And let us install video games so we can have LAN parties after hours :)

8. Good benefits, experience really depends on who/where you are in the company

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, fun work environment.

Cons

Many managers chosen by being good at what they do and not being good at managing people. , lack of transparency, company use to be very flat and has gone the opposite way. This has a created a very Top down company. Number of VPs went from 2 to over 8 in 6 months time.

Advice to Management

I really prefer the flat, all inclusive feel LMB use to have during the Experian days. These days the organization into a top down, more selective (need to know) basis. In addition, there is no standardized policy regarding employee development/mentoring: some managers do a wonderful job and other do little more than distribute daily work tasks.

9. LowerMyBills.com is a great company to work for. It is a fun, dynamic, and fast paced environment to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At LowerMyBills.com, managers do not micromanage their employees. I feel like a strong asset to my team and am encouraged by a constant positive vibe and energy around the office. There is a lot of room for growth within this company. It is a serious work environment but it also allows a lot of fun things to happen. We have Friday carts once a month that give out fun treats, we have a game room with a ping pong table and other games, a lot of tea bags to choose from, and two amazing coffee machines. These machines will make you lattes, other espresso drinks like mochas, and regular coffee.

Cons

They have vending machines for sodas, sports drinks, juices, and snacks. The cost of these items range from 30 cents to 1 dollar. I know that's fairly cheap but it would be nice if it was free like the coffee and tea.

10. Great place to start your career; focus is strong on growth and development.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LowerMyBills full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, ever evolving environment. Great people! A lot of money is dedicated to training and developing their employees. Community Service program is definitely a pro.

Cons

Management is weak on skill training - ie how to manage people. Lack of clear communication from the top down. Too much secrecy for a company whose credo includes "Transparency". Favoritism is strong; if you don't follow the traditonal path and are seen as 'different' it's a tough place to work.

11. Great place to work

I have been working at LowerMyBills

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, smart people. This is a group of people who work hard and dont settle for average. Very analytical group of employees.

Cons

The org is a bit flat. While the strong survive sometimes the average can linger

RSS Feed </> Embed