LowerMyBills

Be The First To
Add Photos

LowerMyBills President Steve Krenzer

Steve Krenzer

LowerMyBills.com is a great company to work for. It is a fun, dynamic, and fast paced environment to work.

(Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAt LowerMyBills.com, managers do not micromanage their employees. I feel like a strong asset to my team and am encouraged by a constant positive vibe and energy around the office. There is a lot of room for growth within this company. It is a serious work environment but it also allows a lot of fun things to happen. We have Friday carts once a month that give out fun treats, we have a game room with a ping pong table and other games, a lot of tea bags to choose from, and two amazing coffee machines. These machines will make you lattes, other espresso drinks like mochas, and regular coffee.

ConsThey have vending machines for sodas, sports drinks, juices, and snacks. The cost of these items range from 30 cents to 1 dollar. I know that's fairly cheap but it would be nice if it was free like the coffee and tea.

Analyst

Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFun environment, Lots of great company activities, great benefits, good place to start a career and learn about online marketing, great pay

Conslimited growth opportunity, No direct path to career development, Management has an Open Door Policy to discuss issues but rarely fix them,

Great People Working on Awful Products Really Well

ProsAmazing culture of openness, comradarie and encouraged curiosity. Most everyone is friends with one another and this friendship transcends company walls. The company has an open bar box at the Staples Center too which is a lot of fun. Lots of great company activities too.

The management team has honestly cares about the employees growth and development -- even Steve! (the CEO). Very open and collaborative in this sense. All ideas are valued and vetted.

ConsThe monitors are way too small. dual 19"s. Seriously this isn't 1999 anymore... Also, unnecessary IT restrictions (can't install CounterStrike or iTunes) make me feel like I'm in the 5th grade (that said, the game room is excellent).

Super heavy clock-watch culture also. In at 9 and out by 7 (granted, there is an opaque unlimited vacation policy).

Advice to Senior ManagementBIGGER MONITORS! And let us install video games so we can have LAN parties after hours :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits, experience really depends on who/where you are in the company

ProsBenefits are pretty good, fun work environment.

ConsMany managers chosen by being good at what they do and not being good at managing people. , lack of transparency, company use to be very flat and has gone the opposite way. This has a created a very Top down company. Number of VPs went from 2 to over 8 in 6 months time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really prefer the flat, all inclusive feel LMB use to have during the Experian days. These days the organization into a top down, more selective (need to know) basis. In addition, there is no standardized policy regarding employee development/mentoring: some managers do a wonderful job and other do little more than distribute daily work tasks.

Great place to start your career; focus is strong on growth and development.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFast paced, ever evolving environment. Great people! A lot of money is dedicated to training and developing their employees. Community Service program is definitely a pro.

ConsManagement is weak on skill training - ie how to manage people. Lack of clear communication from the top down. Too much secrecy for a company whose credo includes "Transparency". Favoritism is strong; if you don't follow the traditonal path and are seen as 'different' it's a tough place to work.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat culture, great benefits, smart people. This is a group of people who work hard and dont settle for average. Very analytical group of employees.

ConsThe org is a bit flat. While the strong survive sometimes the average can linger

Early company yeah! Experian...not so much

Project Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHad the best manager, and worked in the best vertical (Home Lending) while I worked there. Everyone really knew what they were doing and was extremely helpful. I would quit my job now and go back to work for them in a heartbeat if it were the same company.

ConsSadly, after Matt left and Experian moved in, I am not sure that they know how to run a company or provide leadership. Combine that with 2 completely botched layoffs... Now they are only a shell of the company that they once were.

Advice to Senior ManagementMatt Coffin and Stephen were extremely competent leaders... I cannot say the same for Experian.

Was a good place to work

Director (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsBenifits and Bonuses were good.

ConsTech Management was lost and needed to be more cohesive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to make a team environment.

Online Marketing U.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsIt has been an amazing place to learn and refine online marketing skills. The team is super smart and very talented. I have learned a ton while working there.

ConsRecent cost-cutting/removal of perks because lots of our lenders are going out of business. There have been several reorganizations since Experian took control. It gets harder to identify the old LMB culture every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep some of the old LowerMyBills culture while integrating with Experian.

the glory days 2003-2006

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosentreprenuerial, spirited, extremely educational, network of A+ talent

Consgreedy upper management looking for exit strategy, was willing to cheat clients out of money in order to meet revenue targets for bonus payouts.

Worked for LowerMyBills? Contribute to the Community!