Lowes Foods Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Tim Lowe

Pros
  • Decent pay, good store to shop at (in 4 reviews)

• Easy job, flexible hours, variety of job options in a given store (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • In order to be full-time you have to have open availability (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management needs to listen to there people more (in 7 reviews)

1. Deli Clerk

I worked at Lowes Foods

Pros

Management and staff was very nice, always willing to help you. It close enough to the university that I did not have to drive a long distance.

Cons

Often scheduled my shift during class hours even though they had my availability on file. Business was slow, leaving you with very few hours to work during the week.

2. Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Clerk

I worked at Lowes Foods

Pros

I worked with many great people. Health insurance, once available, was reasonably priced. Very good benefits for full time employees. Corporate philosophy, as a whole, is pro employee and compliant with employment law, i.e. brakes are important and mandatory! OSHA guidelines are taken seriously which keeps a safe environment. Human Resources staff is very responsive to challenges encountered as well as helping employees who are interested in moving up in the company. Take time to pay a visit to the store you receive an offer from before you accept a position there. Walk around, observe the employees and ask questions about what it's like to work there, how turnover is, etc. Most people will respond well, to questions from a prospective employee. Also, ask if there are reasons why you might consider a different store location. Be prepared to listen.

Cons

Much of your job satisfaction will be made or broken by the Store Manager, He or she will set the tone for the rest of the management, staff, and store operations. Since Managers are transferred quite often you may have a great place to work this week but next week-not so much! It is difficult to move from full to part time, but persistence pays off although it may take a year or two.
    I worked for one great manager, he was a pleasure. At a second store I encountered an uptight, stressed out, fearful, unmotivated staff. This was a direct result of nazi like management at the top..

Advice to Management

Quarterly reviews of Manager's effective as it relates to employee satisfaction.There must be complete protection of employee privacy for review. Financial goals are closely watched and motivation by positive management techniques can greatly increase your bottom line.

3. Meat assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Walkertown, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Walkertown, NC

I have been working at Lowes Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers and fun environment to work is . Good management and a great place to open the door to your future

Cons

Disrespectful customers , low pay for the things we accomplish . Needs more excitement to the employees to make feel appreciated

Advice to Management

Become more appreciative

5. Egh

Current Employee - Cashier in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Lowes Foods

Pros

Co-workers
    Flexible hours
    People call out a lot, so you can pick up another shift

Cons

Minimum wage
    They put the schedule out weekly

6. Average

Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Lowes Foods part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent hours, opportunities for raises, friendly coworkers, nice management staff, easy to learn.

Cons

Lots of standing around listening to recycled pop music and phony advertisements, irritable customers, sometimes nasty/tiresome chores.

7. Cashier

I worked at Lowes Foods part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Works great with high school or college schedule. 10% discount off lowes food brand products.

Cons

Scheduled to work every weekend. No incentives, pay raises or promotions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they need something in order to preform their job efficiently.

8. Former Employee

Former Employee - Team Member in Wake Forest, NC
    Former Employee - Team Member in Wake Forest, NC

I worked at Lowes Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Freindly co workers and staff, very close and very helpful

Cons

Not worth the pay rate

Great People

I have been working at Lowes Foods full-time

Pros

Great work environment with a welcoming atmosphere. I love the new concepts we are bringing into our stores.

Cons

Pay is okay, but not great for the workload that each person normally has. Discipline is lacking in some stores resulting in certain people getting away with not doing their job.

Advice to Management

Work with getting everyone to do their job and not letting the workload pass to the next person. Try to have more store meeting and get hosts pumped up about selling.

10. Good family company

Former Employee - Produce Team Member in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Produce Team Member in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Lowes Foods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very understanding of personal ememergencies. Feels like family

Cons

Too much down time, not enough hours

They'll overwork you for next to nothing in return

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Lowes Foods (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the customers and many of my coworkers. We had great friendships outside of work. Working there is excellent for high school kids, but not for adults who have bills to pay!

Cons

Pay is well below average. I worked between 35 and 40 hours a week for over six months straight, and the company still wouldn't bring me on full time. I did the work of an assistant department head for a clerk's pay.

Zero opportunity for advancement.

The store manager loved to talk about how stupid his employees were behind their backs and make jokes about them being lazy.

Overall an environment that tends to be detrimental to one's mental and physical health.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money on things the customers think are stupid, like those $300,000 chicken chandeliers. It's not a workable business model.

RSS Feed </> Embed