Lowry Computer Products

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Lowry

When the company was doing good wasn't bad, then went south.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat customers, developed friendship, Knowledgeable Technicians

ConsCompany couldn't figure out how to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your mistakes!

Lousy pay, dysfunctional family, backstabbing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsFlexibility in hours; ability to work from home. A lot of company provided lunches. Can be a fun place to work if you are in with the people who are favored.

ConsPay is horrible; no raises or bonus schedule; benefits are a joke; ALL departments work against each other, they do not support; favoritism is rampant, if you are IN, you get ahead; working in fear of losing your job on a Friday morning keeps a lot of employees worrying incessantly. Management (especially if you are a Lowry) is the worst I have seen in the many companies I have worked; I found nobody I could trust. Deadlines are unreasonable, and if you don't work 50-70 hours a week (no OT), it is noticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the business; especially Paragon. Give current employees some hope. Put more thought into project scopes and goals, and let the professionals you hire do what they were hired to do.

A total mismanaged train wreck of a company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees were kind and hard working

ConsMike and Steve Lowry totally disconnected about the business and the people they employ

Advice to Senior ManagementRETIRE....companies like Lowry Computer give Michigan business a really bad name

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Motivates using fear of loosing your job, deceitful/disrespectful.

Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsIt's a good stepping stone to get experience before moving on to a Co that
    appreciates you.

ConsVision, with Lowry, they have always motivated their employees using "the fear of loosing their jobs" thing, and it was always on Fridays. They also did a raise freeze back around 2001 resulting in no raises for most employees for the past 12 years and counting. I received 3 raises during that time because I wrote letters and pushed for it. They treated me with respect because I was doing work for a another dept. for years, but have never paid for it. The other dept was Professional Services, which their Techs were paid much more than me. This is in no way is a reflection on anyone in the Co other than the Owners, Mike & Steve Lowry. The people below them are very good, fair people that were put in bad positions by the Owners, and are just following orders. In a way it's probably the hardest on them because their the enforcers. The mangers I had while I worked there were outstanding people. One year 2 days before Xmass the Co told all the Techs they weren't getting their Service Delivery bonus, I lost over $3000 that year, to top it off they would remind the techs monthly leading up to it to keep their numbers up so they would get a good bonus at the end of the year. It's very sad they treat their employees that way! And again most won't say anything out of fear of loosing their jobs. I left/retired from the Co on Oct 2010, on my terms, not theirs. I understand it takes some moves seen as hard, and or bad for Co growth, but the way the Owners choose to do it is so deceitful/disrespectful to all the people that helped them grow at the cost to the employees of going backwards In their own financial future, it's a high cost to be employed. The Owners utilized Michigan's un-employment rate to justify treating their employees poorly! It's a sad use of FEAR!

10 techs were fired/laid off who's family's are paying the ultimate price for for giving their all, some for over 24yrs

Advice to Senior ManagementOwners need to care about the employees that are making it possible for their business to grow. During my first 2 years out of 18 with the Co Mike came up to me and welcomed me aboard? Way out of touch.

A company lead by money alone.

Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsLower management
    Skilled and friendly staff and technicians
    A one stop place for your printing needs

ConsSenior management
    Loyalty and respect for employees change on a dime.
    Due to economic hardships, the leaders have forgotten how to lead.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time to retire. For the company to grow again, it needs a team to make a happy family, not a family with an unhappy team.

This is a dysfunctional family business

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsIf you need a job in Brighton and cannot find one any other possible place, you might work here until you find something better.

ConsThere is a huge marketing department that delivers absolutely no value to the sales team while earning salaries double that of the sales people who actually do the work to bring in prospects and revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire. Soon. Before the company goes out of business.

If your last name is not in the company name, you do not want to work here

Sales (Current Employee) White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

ProsNone. There is not a single advantage to working here.

ConsExecutives who scream at one another in meetings.
    Senior management consists of people who are not qualified or capable.
    Sales executives who never visit customers.
    Marketing efforts lack any ability to reach prospects, loaded with misspellings.
    Product development is pathetic at best.
    Devoid of any company culture, unless you are a family member.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire. Get some capable managers, or at least stop laying off the good ones you did have.

Fun, interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsCutting edge of AIDC industry
    Flexible work schedule
    Good people

ConsSenior Management
    Some sales people
    Bad economic situation

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should not micro-mange. Hire people who you trust and let them make their own decisions. If you do not see the results you need then spend more time hiring the right person.

Lowry employs a talented workforce and provides industry leading technology which makes it a exciting place to work.

ProsTalented, professional associates.
    Never boring.
    Opportunity to be involved in many aspects of business.

ConsDue to economic downturn somewhat understaffed; however, has presented opportunities to strive for continuous improvement and efficiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating.

Worked for Lowry Computer Products? Contribute to the Community!