Lowry Solutions

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
2.3

Mike Lowry

Innovative staff working with outside partnerships to provide the best possible solutions for the client.

Current Employee - Business Development in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Business Development in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Lowry Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Lowry Solutions provides a working environment that focuses on building relationships and partnering both internal and external. The CEO is always looking forward and not afraid to invest in the future for both business and personal growth of the entire staff. The Brighton office also provides many benefits to the staff to include a full function gym, aerobic room, lockers, showers and break rooms. Overall the work environment is excellent with flexible work schedules and a good on line and classroom training program in place.

Cons

The challenges working at Lowry Solutions falls in the world of technology and products not the company. Technology is constantly changing and almost as fast is the change in organizational structures that support it. As a result Lowry Solutions works very hard at keeping up with those changes and not only educating clients on their best options. In short the con is that sometimes that constant flux takes away from your goals and objectives.

Continue to have focus on development and looking into the future as much as possible, building requirements and future budgets to support the products and services you provide. Stay "in tune" with all levels of employees, continue to support the bad and the good days that each have.

Lousy pay, dysfunctional family, backstabbing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexibility in hours; ability to work from home. A lot of company provided lunches. Can be a fun place to work if you are in with the people who are favored.

Cons

Pay is horrible; no raises or bonus schedule; benefits are a joke; ALL departments work against each other, they do not support; favoritism is rampant, if you are IN, you get ahead; working in fear of losing your job on a Friday morning keeps a lot of employees worrying incessantly. Management (especially if you are a Lowry) is the worst I have seen in the many companies I have worked; I found nobody I could trust. Deadlines are unreasonable, and if you don't work 50-70 hours a week (no OT), it is noticed.

Sell the business; especially Paragon. Give current employees some hope. Put more thought into project scopes and goals, and let the professionals you hire do what they were hired to do.

A total mismanaged train wreck of a company

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time

Pros

Employees were kind and hard working

Cons

Mike and Steve Lowry totally disconnected about the business and the people they employ

RETIRE....companies like Lowry Computer give Michigan business a really bad name

When the company was doing good wasn't bad, then went south.

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great customers, developed friendship, Knowledgeable Technicians

Cons

Company couldn't figure out how to keep up.

Learn from your mistakes!

Motivates using fear of loosing your job, deceitful/disrespectful.

Former Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Brighton, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Brighton, MI

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a good stepping stone to get experience before moving on to a Co that
    appreciates you.

Cons

Vision, with Lowry, they have always motivated their employees using "the fear of loosing their jobs" thing, and it was always on Fridays. They also did a raise freeze back around 2001 resulting in no raises for most employees for the past 12 years and counting. I received 3 raises during that time because I wrote letters and pushed for it. They treated me with respect because I was doing work for a another dept. for years, but have never paid for it. The other dept was Professional Services, which their Techs were paid much more than me. This is in no way is a reflection on anyone in the Co other than the Owners, Mike & Steve Lowry. The people below them are very good, fair people that were put in bad positions by the Owners, and are just following orders. In a way it's probably the hardest on them because their the enforcers. The mangers I had while I worked there were outstanding people. One year 2 days before Xmass the Co told all the Techs they weren't getting their Service Delivery bonus, I lost over $3000 that year, to top it off they would remind the techs monthly leading up to it to keep their numbers up so they would get a good bonus at the end of the year. It's very sad they treat their employees that way! And again most won't say anything out of fear of loosing their jobs. I left/retired from the Co on Oct 2010, on my terms, not theirs. I understand it takes some moves seen as hard, and or bad for Co growth, but the way the Owners choose to do it is so deceitful/disrespectful to all the people that helped them grow at the cost to the employees of going backwards In their own financial future, it's a high cost to be employed. The Owners utilized Michigan's un-employment rate to justify treating their employees poorly! It's a sad use of FEAR!

10 techs were fired/laid off who's family's are paying the ultimate price for for giving their all, some for over 24yrs

Owners need to care about the employees that are making it possible for their business to grow. During my first 2 years out of 18 with the Co Mike came up to me and welcomed me aboard? Way out of touch.

A company lead by money alone.

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in Brighton, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in Brighton, MI

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lower management
    Skilled and friendly staff and technicians
    A one stop place for your printing needs

Cons

Senior management
    Loyalty and respect for employees change on a dime.
    Due to economic hardships, the leaders have forgotten how to lead.

It is time to retire. For the company to grow again, it needs a team to make a happy family, not a family with an unhappy team.

This is a dysfunctional family business

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Brighton, MI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Brighton, MI

I worked at Lowry Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you need a job in Brighton and cannot find one any other possible place, you might work here until you find something better.

Cons

There is a huge marketing department that delivers absolutely no value to the sales team while earning salaries double that of the sales people who actually do the work to bring in prospects and revenue.

Retire. Soon. Before the company goes out of business.

If your last name is not in the company name, you do not want to work here

Current Employee - Sales in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I have been working at Lowry Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None. There is not a single advantage to working here.

Cons

Executives who scream at one another in meetings.
    Senior management consists of people who are not qualified or capable.
    Sales executives who never visit customers.
    Marketing efforts lack any ability to reach prospects, loaded with misspellings.
    Product development is pathetic at best.
    Devoid of any company culture, unless you are a family member.

Retire. Get some capable managers, or at least stop laying off the good ones you did have.

Fun, interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Lowry Solutions

Pros

Cutting edge of AIDC industry
    Flexible work schedule
    Good people

Cons

Senior Management
    Some sales people
    Bad economic situation

Senior management should not micro-mange. Hire people who you trust and let them make their own decisions. If you do not see the results you need then spend more time hiring the right person.

Lowry employs a talented workforce and provides industry leading technology which makes it a exciting place to work.

I have been working at Lowry Solutions

Pros

Talented, professional associates.
    Never boring.
    Opportunity to be involved in many aspects of business.

Cons

Due to economic downturn somewhat understaffed; however, has presented opportunities to strive for continuous improvement and efficiences.

Keep communicating.