Loyola College in Maryland

Add Photos

Rev Brian Linnane

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsBenefits are great, great working Jesuit environment

ConsBenefits and other educational perks are excellent. Great working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work

Great place to work in higher ed around a greater mission

Student Development Professional (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsJesuit ideals go into many parts of the work you can do with students, and give you a great springboard for conversations around ethics and purpose.

ConsNot many to consider. It was a great place to work for many years before moving away from the area. If pressed, the budget is highly dependent on tuition dollars as the endowment is not as strong as it could be for this level of school. So some student development budget cuts have been necessary lately from what I'm hearing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that people in each department maintain important autonomy over their programs.

It is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHas a wonderful staff there and many opportunities for service

ConsIt can feel very small at times

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mission Driven University with a great President.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful community; mission focused University. Fr. Linnane is a wonderful President truly cares about the students and staff. CCSJ makes Loyola a special place; giving everyone an opportunity to give back in meaningful ways. Public Safety works very hard to make Loyola and safe and inviting place to work and live.

ConsHR very disorganized; inconsistent; and rude at times. Huge turnover no one who is left understands the mission of the University. Senior leadership does not care but the direction HR is leading the University.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook beyond yourself and take the time to care about employees.

incompetent HR; snobbish administration

(Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe school is located in a beautiful neighborhood, which doesn't stop the snobbish campus police to give out parking tickets to every car park in those neighborhood. $85 a parking ticket? The streets belong to Baltimore CIty, and I pay Baltimore CIty taxes.

ConsHR can't seem to get things right - your benefits account was supposed to be set up months ago, yet things always messed up, and they can't seem to remember which employee's case they need to work on even though you've been calling them for months. Incompetent or indifference?

This has traditionally been an all-white university. It has made progress toward diversity over the years, but if you are not white, you know the difference. It's not hard to tell, even from the secretary.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow up more often. Talk to your subordinates like you would to your neighbor (of course, the president live in university housing, so he has no neighbors.). Put on some facial expressions when you talk to people, don't be like a robot.

Good Community

Assistant Director (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsValue personal and professional growth and collaboration

ConsThings can get stagnant and leadership isn't as effective as it should be

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice at this time

Mission-focused

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsLoyola is a mission-focused institution. The mission is taken seriously and guides faculty, administrators, and students.

ConsHigher education is a tough industry right now.

Great

Peer Tutor (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsDirect deposit option, convenient, flexible schedule

ConsI had no qualms with my employment there

Great Place to work

Office Assistant (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIt's a small family atmosphere

ConsNot competative with busniess world salaries but benefits make up the difference. The best one is free tuition for yourself and children after 5 years of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the raises above cost of living range.

Work-study is awesome!!

ProsGood company culture, the work study fits into the schedule very well.

ConsSmall pay, not everyone contributes as much as they should.

Worked for Loyola College in Maryland? Contribute to the Community!