Lucas Group

Lucas Group Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Lucas Group President and CEO Andi Jennings

Andi Jennings

Pros
  • The military recruiting group has amazing leadership and great people(in 6 reviews)

• The Irvine office is a great place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, only a very small draw against commission which can make it difficult to pay the bills sometimes(in 5 reviews)

• It would be nice if there was more flexibility on work/life balance; i(in 4 reviews)

Great company to work for. Awesome people.

Executive Search Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people. Chances to learn. Monetary rewards for performance. Collaborative culture.

ConsWorking on a commission / draw. Have to be very self motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued division- specific learning opportunities.

Strong recruiting firm to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOverall Lucas Group was a great company to work for. The majority of my co-workers were fun to work with and spend so much time with. My supervisor was really understanding and fair to work for.
    The benefits were good and worked well for my life.

ConsAll recruiting departments operate differently. The managers all have different levels of experience on their teams and care about different things from their teams. Some micromanage, some don't.
    It would be nice if there was more flexibility on work/life balance; i.e. working from home occasionally. Certain people, management can get away with it; but the majority of the field is expected to be in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO and COO are real people that you will meet regularly in the Atlanta office and they are great. The corporate staff works out of Atlanta as well, and they do not always care/think about the field team in their initiatives. You can tell there is a divide between the two groups.

best recruiting firm out there

Partner (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNo Micro-management; decent commission rate; Opportunity to set your own direction. Great initial training.

Consthere needs to be a better defined strategy at the division/desk level. The company does a nice job in marketing but Marketing needs to figure out a better way to assist the Account Managers to grow their desk, rather than just doing online marketing at the company level. Draw against commission -not great for all people. High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementOngoing training. When someone is in back-draw, give them more of their commission as they climb out of it, rather than just recover all the draw first. A CRM system that can implement the sales strategy would be helpful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting...

Executive Search Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial culture-you run your own desk and create process flow/urgency, there is tons of autonomy with how you want your desk to be run and get to touch some key power-players in your given space

ConsReluctant to adopt innovative ideas or technology. I was scolded at some point for using LinkedIn. There is a lack of training that makes it difficult to understand a firm-adopted method for success or definitive milestones.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and value your staff

Good place to learn

Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGood co workers, training programs are good. You are provided with jobs to work on right off the bat so it's sink or swim

ConsPoor commission plan. Verticals markets are somewhat arbitrary and inhibit your ability two build relationships with accounts

Advice to Senior ManagementBeef up commissions. Re-exam vertical market strategy and look at a team that handles all recruiting in a vertical not by job function. Confuses the customer.

Prospect for a client of theirs

Regional Management (Former Employee) DFW, TX

ProsDetailed discussion about the position

ConsRecruiter was experience in the industry and was hammering talking points that did not fit the clients needs or product offerings.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time with you client to get to know their business and what their full product range is as well as their core business. Especially if your prospect knows the client better than you do.

Good and Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFun environment, nice people for the most part.

ConsSome of the departments (Legal, Accounting and Finance) have a lot of micromanagement to the point where it is excessive and negatively impacts employees. HR ignores some serious issues surrounding managers misbehavior and legal matters. TONS of gossip, no concern for anyone who is not a recruiter.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging people so much and for HR and executives, check up on your managers and stop them when they do things that could be deemed illegal.

No Future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI have no pros to list.

ConsAbsolutely no follow up contact after contract was over.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good when they have something for you but if not, they don't keep in contact

Credit Card Compliance (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAlways there when on a contract. Good about keeping you "in the loop" with your employer. Some issues with changing from a Perm job to a Contract because you deal with different people but they finally worked it out. Once contacted, they got me in for an interview within a few days.
    Their follow up is great!! I interviewed for one job but was not offered the position and a year latter, they contacted me again, about the same company, and I landed a short contract job.

ConsNo follow up when you are not working for them. They say that they will find you another job but you have to call them for any updates.

Great job and great team with a leader that listens and truly cares!

Managing Partner (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsEvery person on the team is collaborative, gracious, generous, and humble. The team has a local strategy that is complemented with a national strategy. Each person on the team is driven without being cannibalistic.

ConsHave to work hard and make a lot of phone calls to make a lot of money. Have to work in a cubicle instead of fighting traffic. You work in a team environment instead of working solo.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better and longer incentive trips than Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Mexico; Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay, Jamaica; or Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe.

Worked for Lucas Group? Contribute to the Community!