Lucile Packard Children's Hospital

1 Rating

Great Company

Current Employee - Office Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lpch is an amazing company to work for. They really look to empower there staff to make a difference in the lives of those they touch.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to write about. This has been a great organization to work for.

High standared patient care

Current Employee - Clinic Assistant III in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Clinic Assistant III in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

people staff actully care for their patient, we go beyond !!!!!

Cons

big trailer trucks early morring when where tryn to get to work!!!

managment is great.......
     she great at what she does.

Great Hopsital- patient centered care and innovative

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital

Pros

Dynamic work environment and it's proximity and partnership with Stanford university means that there are many opportunities for research, growth, adm innovation.

Cons

The current construction project makes commuting and working there a pain. The project is supposed to last an additional 5 years.

Growing Children's Hospital in Bay Area

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great educational opportunities, great people to work with, good benefits

Cons

work life balance difficult if you commute to work,lots of meeting and mandatory trainings, time off policies changing. Lots of cost cutting measures in place,starting to affect staffing ratios

Aware of need for cost cutting measures, but need to focus more on patient centered care and the needs of the staff.

I worked at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

Great exposure
    Great name
    Doing positive work in the community

Cons

Office politics and people in power are very comfortable asserting it

Hire better management

Tiny humans!

Current Employee - Rrt
    Current Employee - Rrt

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people. Lots of team work

Cons

Policies are a nightmare---we don't have them. Communication from management leaves sooooo much to be desired

Try communicating policies with your staff---we have email. It's so much better when things have been sent out in writing.

Physicians and hospital clerks are easy to work with.

Former Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really like working for Stanford Hospital and Lucille Packard Children Hospital because it has given me the opportunity to enhance my profession and encouraged me to excel with my job.

Cons

The number one challenges that I had encounter working for Lucile Packard Children Hospital when the Revenue Management hired a Manager that do not have enough experience regarding coding and billing. Complexity of coding and billing for surgery that have contradiction of interpretation of operative report and patient diagnosis.

I would like to say that supervisor and manager should take into consideration of treating employees and staff in the coding and billing community with respect. In regards to promotion and training administration should take into account the employees experiences.

Great pay but need more career ladders and better benefits

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

great pay
    strong leadership
    listens to feedback
    love that you are there to help pediatric/ mother populations

Cons

need better career ladders mapped out for non nursing areas
    health benefits are not good, surprising when you work for a hospital

Tightly Run Ship

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This hospital runs like a bussiness, not your typical inefficient hosptial. Perfection is their goal.

Cons

Union, union, union: There is no incentive to working really hard, if there is no reward. Everyone is treated equally regardless of talent. The union prevents movement of registered nurses without masters degress into advaced practice roles. Some may agrue that that is beneficial to the hospital, but it leaves no room for rewarding thoose who work the hardest.

More importantly, the nurses who have been in the hospital for a few years have it made. The union allows seniority nurses to chose their shifts and vacations. This means that half of the nurses are getting exactly what they want and the newer nurses are not getting any compromise. This applies to scheduling, requested days-off, what shift they can work, etc. Take for example that there is no flexability when it come to swithcing someome off of night shift, even if their is medical reasoning.

While you are suceeding in your mission to create a nationally regocnized pediatric hospital, there needs to be a more personal approach to the markting that you do. If feels like you are advertising disney land.
    More needs to be done in order to make the union a functional organization for all nurses, not just those who have seniority.

LPCH offers great care to their patients.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at LPCH allows you to interact with a diverse group of patients/parents. It is amazing to see children being so optimistic even if they have serious illnesses. The nursing staff is great and give excellent care.

Cons

There is lack of support from Executive Leadership to middle management and this causes a lot of distrust and animosity throughout the departments.

It is better to support your management team to get positive results.