Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford

CEO

High standared patient care

Current Employee - Clinic Assistant III  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Clinic Assistant III in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for less than a year

Pros

people staff actully care for their patient, we go beyond !!!!!

Cons

big trailer trucks early morring when where tryn to get to work!!!

managment is great.......
     she great at what she does.

Tiny humans!

Current Employee - Rrt
    Current Employee - Rrt

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Nice people. Lots of team work

Cons

Policies are a nightmare---we don't have them. Communication from management leaves sooooo much to be desired

Try communicating policies with your staff---we have email. It's so much better when things have been sent out in writing.

Physicians and hospital clerks are easy to work with.

Former Employee - Analyst II  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really like working for Stanford Hospital and Lucille Packard Children Hospital because it has given me the opportunity to enhance my profession and encouraged me to excel with my job.

Cons

The number one challenges that I had encounter working for Lucile Packard Children Hospital when the Revenue Management hired a Manager that do not have enough experience regarding coding and billing. Complexity of coding and billing for surgery that have contradiction of interpretation of operative report and patient diagnosis.

I would like to say that supervisor and manager should take into consideration of treating employees and staff in the coding and billing community with respect. In regards to promotion and training administration should take into account the employees experiences.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great pay but need more career ladders and better benefits

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time

Pros

great pay
    strong leadership
    listens to feedback
    love that you are there to help pediatric/ mother populations

Cons

need better career ladders mapped out for non nursing areas
    health benefits are not good, surprising when you work for a hospital

Tightly Run Ship

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for more than a year

Pros

This hospital runs like a bussiness, not your typical inefficient hosptial. Perfection is their goal.

Cons

Union, union, union: There is no incentive to working really hard, if there is no reward. Everyone is treated equally regardless of talent. The union prevents movement of registered nurses without masters degress into advaced practice roles. Some may agrue that that is beneficial to the hospital, but it leaves no room for rewarding thoose who work the hardest.

More importantly, the nurses who have been in the hospital for a few years have it made. The union allows seniority nurses to chose their shifts and vacations. This means that half of the nurses are getting exactly what they want and the newer nurses are not getting any compromise. This applies to scheduling, requested days-off, what shift they can work, etc. Take for example that there is no flexability when it come to swithcing someome off of night shift, even if their is medical reasoning.

While you are suceeding in your mission to create a nationally regocnized pediatric hospital, there needs to be a more personal approach to the markting that you do. If feels like you are advertising disney land.
    More needs to be done in order to make the union a functional organization for all nurses, not just those who have seniority.

LPCH offers great care to their patients.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at LPCH allows you to interact with a diverse group of patients/parents. It is amazing to see children being so optimistic even if they have serious illnesses. The nursing staff is great and give excellent care.

Cons

There is lack of support from Executive Leadership to middle management and this causes a lot of distrust and animosity throughout the departments.

It is better to support your management team to get positive results.

I use to love waking up knowing that at LPCH I was making a difference.

Current Employee - White Collar  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - White Collar in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working with some of the best healthcare providers in a fast pace environment both challenges you as well as rewarding you with the knowledge you do make a difference

Cons

Management has changed. Rather than family, it seems it is more business than caring.

Look hard at how the employees are treated. They are not second class. Remember that their opinions should count

Work Review

Current Employee - Director  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great benefits, including lots of vacation time

Cons

Senior management expects a lot of long hours

\

Benefits were excellent.

I worked at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some of the managers were excellent at mentoring and allowing staff to grow.

Cons

Becoming so large that its easy to forget that people need to work together.

Clinicians and staff create atmosphere of trust and uphold commitment to patients and families through daily practice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Committed, highly qualified and professional staff and practitioners, excellent mission and values, challenging environment full of opportunities to learn and improve skills. Rewarding to work with each patient and family, remembering everyone is first and foremost a human being.

Cons

Increased move toward streamlining can improve processes but can run risk of overburdening staff in day-to-day and, by extension, staff can lose sight of overarching mission and the actual relationsip with patient and families gets lost in the checklists.

Worked for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford? Contribute to the Community!