Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford

Be The First To
Add Photos

High standared patient care

Clinic Assistant III (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prospeople staff actully care for their patient, we go beyond !!!!!

Consbig trailer trucks early morring when where tryn to get to work!!!

Advice to Senior Managementmanagment is great.......
     she great at what she does.

Physicians and hospital clerks are easy to work with.

Analyst II (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI really like working for Stanford Hospital and Lucille Packard Children Hospital because it has given me the opportunity to enhance my profession and encouraged me to excel with my job.

ConsThe number one challenges that I had encounter working for Lucile Packard Children Hospital when the Revenue Management hired a Manager that do not have enough experience regarding coding and billing. Complexity of coding and billing for surgery that have contradiction of interpretation of operative report and patient diagnosis.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to say that supervisor and manager should take into consideration of treating employees and staff in the coding and billing community with respect. In regards to promotion and training administration should take into account the employees experiences.

Great pay but need more career ladders and better benefits

Prosgreat pay
    strong leadership
    listens to feedback
    love that you are there to help pediatric/ mother populations

Consneed better career ladders mapped out for non nursing areas
    health benefits are not good, surprising when you work for a hospital

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tightly Run Ship

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThis hospital runs like a bussiness, not your typical inefficient hosptial. Perfection is their goal.

ConsUnion, union, union: There is no incentive to working really hard, if there is no reward. Everyone is treated equally regardless of talent. The union prevents movement of registered nurses without masters degress into advaced practice roles. Some may agrue that that is beneficial to the hospital, but it leaves no room for rewarding thoose who work the hardest.

More importantly, the nurses who have been in the hospital for a few years have it made. The union allows seniority nurses to chose their shifts and vacations. This means that half of the nurses are getting exactly what they want and the newer nurses are not getting any compromise. This applies to scheduling, requested days-off, what shift they can work, etc. Take for example that there is no flexability when it come to swithcing someome off of night shift, even if their is medical reasoning.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you are suceeding in your mission to create a nationally regocnized pediatric hospital, there needs to be a more personal approach to the markting that you do. If feels like you are advertising disney land.
    More needs to be done in order to make the union a functional organization for all nurses, not just those who have seniority.

LPCH offers great care to their patients.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsWorking at LPCH allows you to interact with a diverse group of patients/parents. It is amazing to see children being so optimistic even if they have serious illnesses. The nursing staff is great and give excellent care.

ConsThere is lack of support from Executive Leadership to middle management and this causes a lot of distrust and animosity throughout the departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is better to support your management team to get positive results.

I use to love waking up knowing that at LPCH I was making a difference.

White Collar (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsWorking with some of the best healthcare providers in a fast pace environment both challenges you as well as rewarding you with the knowledge you do make a difference

ConsManagement has changed. Rather than family, it seems it is more business than caring.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook hard at how the employees are treated. They are not second class. Remember that their opinions should count

Work Review

Director (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosgreat benefits, including lots of vacation time

ConsSenior management expects a lot of long hours

Advice to Senior Management\

Benefits were excellent.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the managers were excellent at mentoring and allowing staff to grow.

ConsBecoming so large that its easy to forget that people need to work together.

Clinicians and staff create atmosphere of trust and uphold commitment to patients and families through daily practice

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCommitted, highly qualified and professional staff and practitioners, excellent mission and values, challenging environment full of opportunities to learn and improve skills. Rewarding to work with each patient and family, remembering everyone is first and foremost a human being.

ConsIncreased move toward streamlining can improve processes but can run risk of overburdening staff in day-to-day and, by extension, staff can lose sight of overarching mission and the actual relationsip with patient and families gets lost in the checklists.

My experience has been great.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat organization. Innovative, cutting edge medical achievements are pursued consistently, compensation is on par with the rest of the bay area.

ConsSmall hospital where people are employed for a significant amount of time, opportunity for growth may be limited by tenor.

Worked for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford? Contribute to the Community!