Lucky 13 Consulting

Lucky 13 Consulting President John Bossung
John Bossung

My experience at Lucky 13

Former Employee - Account Manager in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lucky 13 is very fast paced and an excellent job if you are looking to gain experience in sales and marketing. John is not only a very encouraging boss, he is a great person looking to get the best out of everyone, both professionally and personally. Also, Kristin is a fantastic administrator that is only bringing the top recruits to Lucky 13 Consulting. Every single person I worked with at Lucky 13 I consider a good friend of mine. Everyone in the office has integrity and determination to succeed in the sales field. I learned valuable information during my time at Lucky 13 Consulting. The rapid advancement is no joke, I had my first promotion in only 10 days.

Cons

Previous posts have written about long hours (8:00-5:30) and they are correct. However, if you are looking to prove yourself within a business, you will find that every hour teaches you something new, and helps you grow professionally.

Driving 40+ minutes to a territory to cold call is hard work, but if you have the personality, you will achieve success. You must have a great attitude to earn your money.

You must pay for your travel and food during business trips.

The management is great. John does a great job teaching each individual what they can improve upon and does a great job coaching up everyone's skill set. However, interviewers must be more up front with the interviewees if they want them to stick around and advance in the company. That includes: job duties, pay, and business trip expenses. All in all, I simply decided this job wasn't what I was looking for, but it very well could be what you are looking for.

Overall, a great company and great opportunity to begin a career.

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are quick and huge opportunities for growth. There is generous commission and opportunity and expectations for $300 in bonuses each week.

Cons

No benefits until you are promoted

Continue doing a great job of working hard and playing hard.

Jun 16, 2014President

It's always good to see our employees enjoying their stay here.

Enjoyable

Former Employee - Administrative in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a position that you are always being trained and learning. Also the owner is very big on giving feed back which helps you grow and also understanding about needing time off.

Cons

For me there weren't any.

None. John was one of my favorite supervisors.

Jun 16, 2014President

We wish our former employees well. Glad we could be a good stop on the career path.

Great people, these guys are serious about what they do but have fun doing it!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people make this company. Compensation is good but the relationships are even better. Great culture to work in.

Cons

As with any consulting business, most of the cons come from dealing with client expectations. Plus its in Milwaukee, which might seem bad at first but it's actually a really cool city.

Keep doing what you're doing!

May 27, 2014President

We appreciate the feedback our employees are giving us.

They gave me an opportunity to succeed and taught me a lot about sales.

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting

Pros

The people are great, and it really was a fun place to work. I gained much needed experience that I will take with me everywhere I go

Cons

It's hard work, but it can be rewarding if you're willing to learn the business

May 27, 2014President

We appreciate the feedback that our employees are giving us.

Lucky to have found this company

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun but challenging work environment that stresses personal and professional development. I've been lucky enough to learn so much since I started working here. The advancement opportunities here are unmatched from what i saw on all my other interviews.

Cons

Hard work. (hope that's not a problem for you)
    This is not a typical 9-5 but that's because there is an actual future with this firm.

Keep doing a great job. Having a hands on approach with the employees is so important. My first day i saw the managing partner go out in the field to train one of the newer reps. I've NEVER seen that at any other job I've ever had.

Great Sales Experience

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This job gives great sales experience. The system is so easy to learn and utilize that anyone with a good work ethic and attitude can succeed. This is a great job for those who want entry level sales experience, as well as for those who are looking to own their own business in the future.

Cons

If you do not have the drive to work hard and and push yourself to become better, this job is not for you. The hours are long, but worth it. If you have a poor work ethic, this will be a difficult job.

May 27, 2014President

We appreciate the feedback that our employees are giving us.

Fun and Fast Paced Office Atmosphere! Great Opportunity! Fantastic Management!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I currently work with Lucky 13 and I can defiantly say that it has been wonderful journey thus far. I worked for many jobs that I felt as though management was taking AT me, not to me...and I can't say that about here. John is such a great mentor and has an open door everyday to anyone who may need him. I love that that the account management position rewards you based on your merit and hard work. Recognition is also huge here; nothing goes without recognition (so refreshing)! If you are looking for a positive and genuinely caring environment to work in? You've found it here!

Cons

Hours are little long 8-5:30, but it's offset by having weekends off. It can be a little competitive, but it's all in good fun and never really taken to a level of seriousness.

Continue taking an avid interest in your employees. Keep up the Good work!

May 27, 2014President

It's great to see that our employees are enjoying working here.

Great team environment with the opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working together as a team is really helpful. Everyone was on the same page so the support given was appreciated. It was nice to have a training program laid out in writing so I knew what to expect and what was expected of me each day. Anyone looking for advancement to eventually running your own branch, this is the place to start.

Cons

You must be determined and self motivated. If you are not a hard worker, need not apply.

Management was extremely helpful since they also started entry level and progressed. I'm leaving to further my education and get my masters.

Mar 11, 2014President

We are pleased to see that our employees past and present were able to gain some experience that will help them in the future.

Real World MBA

I have been working at Lucky 13 Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've learned more here in the 8 weeks I've been working here than I did in the 2 years I spent at my last job. Learning the in's and out's of sales, marketing and general business has been more valuable that I could have imagined. I now see why there motto is that this is a real world MBA program.

Cons

Newsflash..... THIS IS HARD WORK. Anything worth having is worth working hard for. It seems like some people forget that

Please continue to provide an amazing environment for people to learn and grow in.

May 27, 2014President

We are pleased to see the progress that our employees are making since they started here.

Lucky 13 Consulting Photos