Lufkin Industries

Lufkin Industries President, CEO, and Director Jay Glick

Jay Glick

An eye opening xperience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lufkin, TX

ProsThe people that you work with are in some cases very helpful. The town is quiet and people keep to themselves, if you like to stay to yourself, this is the area for you.

ConsManagement does not seem to care about their hourly workers, and they play favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet an attainable standard and hold it, and take care of the hourly workers because they are the ones doing the work that is making the money for the company.

I should never have worked there...

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) Lufkin, TX

ProsIt's a paycheck and sales orders are increasing!

ConsYou're treated like slave labor. This is now a GE company and I expected a lot more from them. All your employees make more than you do. No training, sink or swim mentality. No communication from the top to the lowest level or from department to department. You work seven days a week, 60 to 80 hours as a salary employee (no overtime). Cronyism and good ole' boy network is deeply entrenched and if you didn't grow up in the area, they do everything possible to back stab and keep you down. The Lufkin culture makes a mockery of the GE mantra of Integrity, Quality and Execution. If you're a Military Hire stay away!! It's the opposite work ethic that you ever learned in the military!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want quality Supervisors and Managers, you need to pay and invest in their training. Your lack of pay and training only shows how much you care about their future. If you want to make this company to succeed you need to seriously evaluate the management that has been there more than five years.

lufkin

Welder (Current Employee) Lufkin, TX

Prosbenifits, one of the best paying jobs in area

ConsTexas heat and welding don't mix well

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cold hearted favorisim

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lufkin, TX

ProsOnly decent paying job in the area, good 401k, possibility for great overtime.

ConsCompany will not value your hard work, will not offer any bonuses with the exeption of a fish fry, Company is extremely cold hearted when it comes to family/personal values. Some departments will show favorisim towards the "afro-american" decent.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer bonuses, be more organized and pay more attention to detail rather then he said she said statements! People that actually work hard and are dedicated to their employer seem to be the ones to get fired/laid off, rather then those who are constantly calling in or being late.

No bonuses and not a family oriented company. Just a paycheck.

Pump Tech (Current Employee) Levelland, TX

ProsSteady paycheck. They do offer benefits.

ConsNo incentives, no bonus pay, no holiday acknowledgement, no personal touches whatsoever, very cold impersonal company. Work you 80 hours a week and if you are salaried no extra pay and zero bonuses as any incentive for so much time. HR is screwy and screwed up my benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy more knowledgeable higher ups, add incentives and better pay for more work.

OK

Automation Tech (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWork alone no one bothering you about your work

ConsNo communication from company about anything unless something is wrong
    No incentives,only a paycheck

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more progressive you lose a lot of your talented people

Its a different experience from my former jobs, but its a job.

Class A Burner (Current Employee) Lufkin, TX

ProsThe pay is good, and as long as we have orders, the work and hours are good. It has it `s good qualities. It`s a job without benefits.

ConsThe downsides of working there is our family values. when it comes down to having quality time with our families we have to work mandatory weekends and that is when most families spend time together. Its alright to work some weekends if we choose to do so. Not made to do it. Because some people like to work. I do at times, but I would like to spend time with my family on some weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonuses would be nice for the hourly employees, for jobs well done. We only get a fish fry for job safety every 200 days. I would rather see bonuses every quarter. And Christmas bonuses. We have never had a decent Christmas present from there since I been there almost 7 years.

Lufkin

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable company with a good product

ConsNo upward mobility or vision for the future

Neutral

Project Manager (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsFlexible time, not very pressure in work, easy to talk with managers, especially if you are an Engineer, easy to suggest a project

ConsNot much benefits package, career perspective is not as good as comparing other big oil and gas companies, don't develop your skills and competences

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time for employee training and development, give attention to internal PR, motivation of employees with benefits and extra activities

Worked for Lufkin Industries? Contribute to the Community!