Lumber Liquidators

Lumber Liquidators Reviews in Toano, VA

2.6

Lumber Liquidators President, CEO, & Director Robert M. Lynch
Robert M. Lynch

Pros
  • Great pay (best I've seen in retail) (in 4 reviews)

• Good Benefits Including Health Dental and 401K (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, hands-on training, lean staffing in stores, work 6-7 days a week (in 4 reviews)

• Like to hire outsiders for upper management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fast paced and stressful but opportunity for career advancement

Current Employee - Inventory Analyst  in  Toano, VA
    Current Employee - Inventory Analyst in Toano, VA

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay's well, casual dress code, freedom on how you manage your time and priorites, new challenges, days go by fast, and good benefits.

Cons

Can get very stressful at times due to constant growth with minimal support. Very lean corporate structure leaving one position with several additional duties. If you are an effective worker they will find additional projects for you to manage with minimal pay increase. Often unable to use all the paid time off given due to deadlines causing work fatigue.

Recognize the harder corporate workers with bonuses and increase in pay. There are unbalances of the amount of responsibilities and challenges yet some are paid more due to seniority.

Disorganized, very little direction from management, not challenging

Former Employee - Intern  in  Toano, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in Toano, VA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, casual dress, not stressful at all. People are generally friendly if you seek them out. Decently well recognized company name to have on your resume when seeking other opportunities.

Cons

During my time with Lumber Liquidators, I was given very few responsibilities despite having asked for more. I always received positive reviews from my manager and did my duties above and beyond, however I was never challenged. When I would have something to complete, I never had any reasons behind the purpose for the project or where it would be used. I'm pretty sure most of the work I did (mostly back-end internal work) went unused. There were days (sometimes even a full week) where I never even saw my manager. The office is very quiet and the days are very long. However, working at Lumber Liquidators was a good stepping stone to a better opportunity within another company.

Have a more direct relationship with your employees. Make sure that your lower-level managers are actually actively managing their employees and challenging them to contribute to their fullest potential.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Management Team  in  Toano, VA
    Former Employee - Management Team in Toano, VA

I worked at Lumber Liquidators full-time

Pros

Benefits are very good and the overall experience with working with some very hard working and dedicated employees who get the job done has been fantastic. The work there has a potential to be really good if the company concentrated as much on its employees as it does on being successful.

Cons

There is a false sense of security there. The Management in the warehouses are always looking to make an example out of someone with a write up or termination. The employees work long days and weeks up to 12 hours and as many as 2-3 months at a time with maybe a day off. The Temps who work there are not respected but yet are a large part of the success in the company growth. The management it not always fully truthful if cornered with facts of the truth and will quickly move to cover their tracks up to the point of terminating their own if needed. The company is not all bad but a few bad seeds have made it a bad experience.

Look into what is really going on with how your lower management is running things. There are violations that have been committed. Your HR department needs a face lift and needs to really look at not just the needs of the company but also the needs of the employees who made the company what it is today. It's ashame because it could be a really great place to work but there are a few rogue managers/supervisors in your management team that are ruining it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Relaxed environment, sometimes too relaxed

Current Employee - Web Development Intern  in  Toano, VA
    Current Employee - Web Development Intern in Toano, VA

I have been working at Lumber Liquidators

Pros

I really like how relaxed Lumber Liquidators is. There's a lot of autonomy and freedom, dress is always casual and there the company is growing so there is a lot of opportunity to move upwards.

Cons

Sometimes employees abuse the relaxed atmosphere and focus more on social pursuits than doing their work. Sometimes there's a task right in front of everyone's face that needs to be done and would help everyone in the company but no one puts in the extra effort to do it, because it might go unrecognized or is just not worth the effort.

Work to keep the good things about the environment, but seek to limit autonomy when it is necessary for productivity.

Worked for Lumber Liquidators? Contribute to the Community!