Lumen Dynamics

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Uncertainty

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsExcellent product line, heavy investments in R&D keeps product line fresh and leading edge.

ConsCompany has been sold twice in less than 4 years, 20% or staff was laid off a couple of years ago, focus seems to be on buying and selling the company and little else. Uncertainty of future is a worry. Used to have vibrant team environment with active social extra curriculars, that's all been lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at what you had a few years ago, what worked and what didn't, and make changes. Learn from history.

“Airport transit” frame of mind

Engineering (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros- Good line of product,
    - High percentage of R&D people ,
    - HR tries “to show they care”, explore various routes but at the end all is decided by money (the lack of it to be precise).

Cons- Transitory feeling across the company: people come and go ( or easily laid off)
    - Very few “oldies” (people who stayed more than 3-5 years).
    - Lack of clear & transparent processes

Avoid this company if you know what's good for you....

Engineer (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros- good benefits package
    - CEO was fired due to poor performance, so one less ego in the company to deal with

Cons- long hours, work life balance means nothing
    - company is in financial crisis and have let go more than a quarter of its employees
    - management can be very two-faced and ego driven
    - CEO was fired due to poor performance of the company

Advice to Senior Management- be more appreciative to employees
    - stop treating employees like slave workers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

ProsMany opportunities, diverse product offering, travel possible, career counselling, social events, environmentally conscious, great business vision, forward thinking.

ConsSales are down, some product lines are not doing well, budgets are tight so we need to be aware of further restrictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange from a "me too" methodology back to a forerunner type of company. Give up on product lines that are consistently not producing.

Worked for Lumen Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!