Lumension Security

Lumension Security Reviews

Updated May 14, 2014

Not yet rated.

Erik Prusch

Great company to work for!

Sales (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood pay for performance. Excellent team to work with!

ConsInformation security changes so fast - can our company keep up?

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to reach out to enterprise customers.

Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding Work

Marketing (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsLumension is in an exciting field (cyber security) with some cutting edge technologies that have been rated "visionary" in the Gartner EPP Magic Quadrant for the last four years. A relatively small organization, the work is both challenging and rewarding, with broad latitude for personal growth and initiative. And the global DNA (workforce, sales, presence) of the organization makes for a very interesting and diverse experience.

ConsAs a relatively small organization in a very hot space, there is always much more to do than time and resources permit, which can be stressful and disheartening at times. However, this entrepreneurial, "do more with less" mindset has allowed Lumension to compete successfully with the behemoths in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain vision, get focused, be more agile, and execute, execute, execute.

Be careful.

(Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people I worked with were fun and intelligent. The office headquarters in Scottsdale is a nice facility.

ConsThe flagship product is an outdated commodity whose market share is being destroyed by Microsoft. The products are difficult to install and do not work without multiple troubleshooting sessions. Additional job duties are frequently assigned as Lumension does not often replace people when they leave. After a recent "change in direction", Management recently terminated around 40% of the company. Upper management has created a "Culture of fear".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board of directors should replace the CEO and the executive management staff and start over.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management silo-ed like a Large Corporation

ProsGood product idea. Flexible work hours

ConsTask oriented management style. Harmonious relationships missing in many cases

Meh

Sales (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFlexible work schedule when certain executives aren't crying about it; exciting area to work in; product has potential.

ConsNo 401k match, expensive healthcare(pre-obamacare), no work-life balance, poor communication, poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Investors: Hire a new board and executive management

Keep Moving Forward

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGood people, Good product idea

ConsDoesn't work as advertised, difficult to install and keep working

Advice to Senior ManagementHold those responsible for the defective product and sales to task, not the technical team.

Awesome technology

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsUnique product offering
    Broad range of technologies to work on

ConsSometimes long hours
    Poor communication
    Hire and fire regime

Advice to Senior ManagementLong term vision is either absent or not clearly communicated to lower echelons

Great people but small company with growing pains

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe people are absolutely wonderful to work for and with. Free lunches every other Wednesday, free soda fountain/popcorn machine in the break room.

ConsSmall company, not much room to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngineering needs to be held more accountable and pushed harder for deadlines. Perhaps more fresh blood should be brought in to revitalize the ENG department. If you are going to sell a product it should be in full force within your own company and individuals should not have a choice to participate in the using the software.

Great place to work. Nice facility, telecommuting is allowed, no dress code.

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat place to work at.

ConsThey provide zero 401k matching.

The company takes advantage of anyone who is not shrewd enough to push back when the expectations become unreasonable.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFlexible work hours
    Work from home
    Lunch brought in every other week

ConsPriorities change on a dime, so projects constantly get derailed. Senior management is not building an organization...it's simply slapping a product together in hopes that someone will buy the company so they can cash in. Management says they want to retain good talent, but you have to fight tooth and nail for all forms of compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't nickel and dime people on compensation.

Worked for Lumension Security? Contribute to the Community!