Lumiere Place Reviews

Reset
2.9
CEO

1. Shift Manager

I have been working at Lumiere Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun work environment, you get to meet a lot of different people.

Cons

The hours when you have a family.

2. Cocktail waitress

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Lumiere Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money was great. The location was also in a good spot as well. I also enjoyed all my coworkers.

Cons

The clientele was horrible there. People were always extremely rude. And it was crazy on game nights.

Advice to Management

I got along with management there. But I do feel like they do favor certain types of employees.

3. Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Lumiere Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parking paid, lunch paid, exciting atmosphere and location. Lots of promotions, can see many sports and entertainment celebrities up close and personal.

Cons

Stressful guests, smoke, angry people, panhandlers, traffic to and from location. Constant turnover of employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff more, be the advocate for your team leaders. Help them help you.

5. Lumiere casino nightmare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Worst management team ever worked for

Cons

Horrible co-workers to work with

6. HoteLumiere (formerly Embassy Suites)

Former Employee - Hotel Sales, HoteLumiere in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Hotel Sales, HoteLumiere in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

There were many perks associated with the job, we were able to entertain customers at Cardinals Games, Rams Games, special events, we had a blast helping with Mardi Gras floats, concerts, etc.

Cons

We did not feel much appreciation for our countless efforts and sales successes. We felt like we were the amenity to the casino, and our guests were not as important as the casino VIP's.

Advice to Management

Management has changed since I worked there, hopefully they are appreciating the sales team and treating them the way they deserve to be treated.

7. Isn't what it use to be

Pros

Good co-workers Can be a fun place to work

Cons

The benefits are not what they use to be

Advice to Management

Train your Floor People more.

8. Great Money, Lots of Political B.S

Former Employee - Gent of Lumiere - Bartender in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Gent of Lumiere - Bartender in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

the money was great working here. benefits were great as well

Cons

political struggle working through unionization and the regulations and laws of being a casino

9. Host

Pros

Part time PTO, attendance policy, free food, great co workers

Cons

Not much advancement, HR department is horrible (they never have an answer to anything and they do not care about employees).

10. Lumiere sucks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

It is a job that pay a little better than most.

Cons

The management/corporate will do whatever they want when they want. How else could a union come in and get voted in the first time, and the union has no power to strike. It is that bad that everyone was like "Hell a union has to be better than this crap they are doing to us!" They just changed our attendance and PTO policy. No debate or asking what our thougts or input. And the funny thing is they screwed over all the really good employees. People who have not missed a day in the 7 plus years of the casino being open... screwed. They had built up negative points, the management team just took them away. In the process those with lots of attendance points from missing all the time got started back to zero, and the first day people called off and went home early. It is a joke. The new systems still rewards those who would call off way early and really punish those who are trying to get to work but unforeseen circumstances stop them last minute. Get behind an accident and you have to make a snap call to call off and get an improper call off and three of those you are fired. Or call let them know you will be late and take a point but if too late it is considered a No Call No Show even though you called and are in communication with them, two NCNS withing 12 months of one another kiss your job good bye. Anyone ever get stuck behind an accident on the 70 Express Way in bound to down town? Can take hours to clear... and you have NO WAY to get around it. What about the rash of gun violence that is even worse than a few years ago... I am sure the first thing on my mind when witnessing a shooting on the way to work is going to be hmmm should I call in late or improper call off... when was the last improper call off for myself?

Advice to Management

Stop trying to re-invent the wheel. You are management of a casino last I checked they have been around for decades. Everything you think you are coming up with and calling great new ideas to help save/cut overhead, has and have been thought of before. I love the term no fault attendance policy. I can point out numerous ways it is used as a fault. Take our PTO when we call in automatically, if I call and still can not make it in time it is a No Call No Show (REALLY!!), and more.

11. The casino is going down hill after the new company took over.

I have been working at Lumiere Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are good people still working their.

Cons

401k stinks, the benefits could be better and the employee food is not good.

RSS Feed </> Embed