Lunarline Reviews

CEO

Good experience

Current Employee - Cyber Start  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Cyber Start in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, there is so much to learn, promotes critical thinking.

Cons

I can think of no cons just yet

Excellent place to work.

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent place to work. Management and co-workers are very nice. Benefits are great. Great bonus. Management are willing to work around your schedule, very flexible.

Cons

Not much to say, enjoy working with the Lunarline.

So much opportunity for professional growth

Current Employee - Security Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a small company which provides a lot of places to improve professionally. The employees are intelligent and capable. You get to work on a lot of different projects. If you are on the technical end, it definitely caters to those who want to tinker, fix, and learn about technology.

Cons

You do have to work hard, so if you want to sit around and slack off, probably not the company for you. Also, sometimes management gets an idea that they want to do a project before fully scoping it out, or directly coming to a single solution.

Keep up the good work. No one ever hears feedback of "don't change" so let this feedback be the exception.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You can pave your own career here!

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is always in need of talented folks... and I don't mean Subject Matter Experts. If you are a motivated and a proven self-starter, there's no place you can't go here and they'll support your growth.

Cons

Not really a con, but you better be happy to wear those multiple hats, work hard, and self-start. If you get slow and aren't reaching out to folks saying, how can I help you stay sane... then this isn't probably the place for you. With that being said, I recommend this company to everyone, especially my closest friends/fam.

Find ways to pull in folks to do activities together, strengthen the culture. Happy hours aren't the way for people with families or a long commute. Offer up paid days doing team building (having fun!).

Hard-working, self-starters only.

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lunarline is a great company for people who like to be challenged daily, wear multiple hats and never do the same thing day in and day out! There is plenty of growth opportunity and employees are encouraged to run with a project. The owner is a great visionary and has great perspective on where cyber security is heading in the future.

Cons

Currently slightly understaffed and employees are starting to wear a little thin. Having the ability to wear multiple hats has led to a lack of focus at times with the employees. Projects seem to make it to the 75% mark and then fall apart.

Be sure to provide more strategic planning and guidance. Also, management seems to be extremely over-tasked and not really capable of managing all the time. More PTO would be great to compensate for those 50-60 hour weeks!

Great Place to Work and Work You Shall!

I have been working at Lunarline full-time

Pros

Lunarline is a great company to work for. Small businesses are known for promoting a more personal working environment so if you are someone who doesn't want to just be another employee ID/number, then Lunarline is THE place for you. Owners, executives and upper management really care for your professional and personal growth and are extremely motivating. Also, if you like to be involved in multiple areas and not get "pigeon-holed" in one area, Lunarline is great at allowing you to be involved in whatever you'd like, but not without some effort. At Lunarline, you are expected to perform well and when you do, you will be rewarded for your hard work and dedication. Being successful at Lunarline really requires hard work, dedication, and aptitude. The sky is really the limit here but only if you put in the effort.

Cons

Lunarline still has some kinks to work out as they transition from a small to medium-sized business. The owners, executives, and most of the management staff are extremely busy, so this is not the place for you if you need a lot of hand holding and micro-management. Be prepared for a lot of self-starting; with so many things going on and new initiatives constantly in the works, you will be expected to juggle multiple tasks/responsibilities. Working at Lunarline can consume much of your time so it is up to you to manage your work/life balance and set those expectations (easier said than done).

A reward for a job well done should not just be more work and responsibility. Hard work with no acknowledgement will result in the frustration and eventual loss of your best staff members. Would also recommend steering clear of creating new rules for everyone to follow instead of addressing the failings of the few (or one) directly with the person(s) at fault.

Never a boring day

Current Employee - Senior Security Tester  in  Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Security Tester in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Projects are always challenging; very often if you see a need, and management agrees, you can run with it. As many others mentioned, you may be tasked with many different things, but I think that is a good thing, as it allows you to grow & not get pigeon-holed into a role. We hire amazingly smart people that usually hit the ground running.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many projects going at a time, it. it makes it difficult to get everything done when there are so many challenging things to do, but they do recognize the effort that you put in.

Promote what everyone is doing a little more; there are exciting projects happening in parts of our company, that I find out through the grapevine.

Innovative Company

Current Employee - Junior Security Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Junior Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a very fast-paced environment with ample opportunities to enhance the professional skills of this field. The work schedule is very flexible and includes the benefit of teleworking. Another great feature is that the IT equipment is first rate.

Cons

Not much to say in the "Cons" area. Earned leave is the industry standard; typical accrual.

Find a way to replicate our CEO!

Review

Current Employee - Senior Information Security Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Information Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company. Wonderful future.

Cons

There are no cons about this company. I love every bit of it.

Keep up the good work!

Great, growing company

Current Employee - IT Security Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - IT Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lunarline full-time for more than a year

Pros

People oriented company dedicated to growing you as a professional. Does not limit people in their roles, and encourages new experiences. Compensation is competitive and fair. The company is constantly growing under great leadership.

Cons

No real challenges. The company values are great, the company is young and energetic. Personal growth is a strong point and they allow everyone to grow. Employees have plenty of chances to be promoted and wear many hats.

Worked for Lunarline? Contribute to the Community!