Lunchbox

Adam Roe

Fun and Fast-Paced Environment

Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I’ve worked at lunchbox for less than a year, and contrary to the reviews below, really enjoy it. I like how I am on a first name basis with everyone regardless of their executive level. The environment is casual and relaxed, with a very young staff. The office is unique and modern with the glass exterior. The LA office has a fun vibe with some of the employees switching from regular office chairs to exercise balls.There's ping pong, foosball, and a Pac Man video game for us to use during down time.

Food is consistently brought in which is a MAJOR plus! The bagels are always great to start the week and fresh fruit is brought in on a weekly basis. A healthy lifestyle is encouraged, which can be a change, since I really enjoyed the donuts every Friday, but having free fitness classes every day of the week has been a good way to get in shape, as well as a great way to get to know people on different teams that I wouldn’t normally work with...

Cons

Downside- because the company is growing so quick, people are a little squished in the LA office. The neighborhood the office is in is not ideal, but it is located close to Westwood making you feel not as isolated. Overall, I like the people I work with and enjoy coming to work every day.

Nov 17, 2014HR Director

We are glad to see that you enjoy working for us. Feel free to come down to HR anytime to share comments or concerns. We welcome your feedback!

Very pleasant company = )

I have been working at Lunchbox as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I've worked as a creative for nearly 10 years at in-house and independent agencies, and Lunchbox has a few great things going for it.

Amazing work/life balance - Most people here, from executives down to associates are out the door by 5pm. As a creative that's worked at both in-house and independent agencies, this is a HUGE perk.

Low stress - Not once did I feel overworked. There are a lot of rush jobs here and there but people are given help when needed.

Great people - An office full of nice people, who practice positive reinforcement and constructive criticism. A lot of chatting and general comraderie makes for a good environment where stuff still gets done.

Good perks - Bagels on Mondays, fruit on Fridays, and snacks in between. They have in-office fitness classes you can sign up for too.

Cons

Unexciting projects - more like a production department than a real agency that comes up with exciting, innovative campaigns. Mostly making pages, emails and ad banners that live within sites like Walmart, Sam's Club and BJ's. There's some room for creativity within these spaces but "big-picture" ideas aren't really generated here.

Cramped office- There's really not that much space.

Subpar equipment - In general, stuff like the chairs you sit on and the computers you use aren't the best. Chairs are cheap and uncomfortable, and my laptop froze up like crazy.

All in all, I enjoyed my time here. It's not really a place that will blow you away in terms of creativity and innovation, but there's a lot of things to like about Lunchbox.

More proactive blue-sky pitches please.

Nov 24, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your honest feedback. As another reviewer mentioned, Lunchbox does have a fantastic work/life balance, and I agree that there are great people working here that allow that to happen ... More

Great opportunity for anyone who likes to actually work

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good reputation in the market and a great customer base. Really smart people here and lots of educational opportunities. Full time gym, open door policy with the leadership if you have ideas.

Cons

Learning curve takes time. you've worked in places with more general processes or structures, there can be a steep learning curve. But, generally, people are patient when on boarding. Most people find this gives them the freedom to work in a way that makes sense for their individual work style, while still working with a team.

Get rid of the complainers. Many negative reviews here is from someone who was fired for incompetence or should have been a long time ago. All it takes is one bad one to run it for everyone else. Stop waiting - please.

Nov 12, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad that you noticed that we have an open door policy. You can go to our Executive Leadership Team with any questions/comments/concerns that you may have ... More

happy place to work!

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendly and nice team. Huge client list. Lots of opportunity to learn. Nice to see the same people.

Cons

limited training. Learn by doing. Chicago team can be a little corporate at times.

Better training. More frequent company updated. Leadership has very different styles which can be confusing. More parking spaces please!

Dec 4, 2014HR Director

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you like the team and can see the opportunities to learn. We are working on putting together some training options for 2015 so stay tuned!

good place to work!

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and nice team. Strong client list. Business evolves a lot so lots to learn.

Cons

Parking!! Limited Training, very learn by doing. Disconnect between offices can make things hard.

More parking. Please consider more frequent town halls for updates. More formal training. Leadership should spend more time in other offices.

Great company!

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is not your typical advertising company. It has a young feel, casual environment and does not make employees work typical agency hours. There are extremely talented people here who care about the brand and seeing our company succeed.

Cons

We have grown so much, we are a little tight on space in our current building.

Keep the open door policy. It is nice to be able to walk into the CEO's door and be heard, anytime.

Nov 17, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your comments. Yes, we have significantly grown over the past few years so we are tight on space, but we do the best we can and make it work!

HR Director has steady work defending company

Current Employee - Creative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Creative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lunchbox part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very few, maybe the good clients who trust them to not overuse pronouns when reviewing the he's and she's in order to get to the min pro review on this particular review web site of he's and she's

Cons

No sucks days
    Crowded building
    No leadership
    No growth
    Too many interviews to get in
    Bad employee morale
    Disgusting filthy building

Pay more people to positively review you here

Dec 4, 2014HR Director

Sorry to hear that you are not happy. Please stop by anytime and let's discuss. We are open to listening to employees and the solutions they can offer to make this a better working environment for ... More

Fresh and seasoned talent working together towards one goal

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

lunchbox truly cares about its clients. Most companies have ONLY money on mind, but lunchbox cares more about the client and delivering professional work that deserves it's stamp of approval as well as gaining repeat business - which they do.

I really appreciate the range of talent lunchbox employ's. They have entry level roles, as well as seasoned employee's working together. It is very refreshing to see that the opinions of all actually do matter and get discussed rather then disregarded.

The work atmosphere is nice and relaxed. People are mostly super involved in their work, but still have a nice attitude and can crack a joke to lighten the mood. I enjoy walking by the different business teams, and seeing how people work really well each other. The office is set up great for huddle groups with small round tables, and whiteboards built into the walls. I know I get a lot more work done in a relaxed setting, then a stuffy conference room where you feel like you have to whisper. The office is also decorated really cool with music group posters, branded items we have worked with, and classic "lunchbox" wall vinyl's.

As far as growth, I believe lunchbox gives you all the tools you need; you just need to be proactive and vocal. They have quarterly meeting's to discuss how to grow and get ahead in the company. The Executive team will always take meetings with employee's who want to further their career, because they know if we grow, they grow. I for one am lucky enough to be able to help out in several departments and soak up all the knowledge I can. I take full advantage of that rare opportunity and and have already learned so much in such a short amount of time - for that i am grateful for.

Lastly, I would like to point out some awesome benefits the company offers. They have a small gym and showers in the office. Smoothies are available daily, along with a huge variety of fresh fruits and healthy snacks. Yoga, strength training, self defense, and other work out classes are available during the week.

Cons

lunchbox started off as a much smaller company and is now huge. I think we have amazing leadership in place - I just feel they try and take on everything. What's nice, is they listen and realize that and are hiring people to releive the double duty. Honestly, all of the challenges at lunchbox are discussed with the leadership team and or/HR and worked on. It would be unfair to say a company did not have any cons. What is nice, is that lunchbox has an open door policy. Even the CEO is willing to carve out time to address any issues. They have nice tools in place as well, to discuss reviews, questions, comments and concerns. I like that I don't feel I have to dance around a concern or sugar coat it - I can walk into the CEO's office and discuss an issue and go from there. Most companies, people are terrified to address any issues.

My only advice to management would be to continue doing exactly what they are doing, because the company is only growing and opportunity is there.

Nov 12, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working at Lunchbox and we look forward to any additional comments you may have in the future to make this an even better ... More

Get out of this place as soon as you can!

Former Employee - Art Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lunchbox as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They pay real United States money.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional. The agency is run by spoiled children who don't have a clue what they are doing. No body cares about the work so the quality is garbage. The staff is always temporary so no one talks to each other or bothers to make contacts.

Hire real professionals with experience and not kids out of school who don't know anything.

Dec 4, 2014HR Director

I believe everyone that works here cares about the work and what we are doing. I don't think they would be here if they didn't. In addition, we have very few freelance/temporary staff. Almost ... More

Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lunchbox part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, good work-life balance.

Cons

Personal growth, lack of management, lack of followthrough.

Listen to your department and take action when you say you will.