Lunchbox Reviews

Updated July 29, 2014
Updated July 29, 2014

2.2

Adam Roe

Here is the deal - Great learning opportunity, I wish people would stop complaining

Current Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work, happy people, lots of learning. I had a chance to learn things I'd never be able to in a first job. Amazing work life balance. We leave at 5 with no expectations to work all night. Growing faster than they can keep up. Many smart and passionate people who love this industry it's great to be around. You hear stories about the old days where they paid off college loans and are super generous with new parents but I've not seen it except there are a few new moms who have been out for months. If you want to get ahead go talk to the two owners about your goals. We have a 20% discount on IHOP next door. Awesome.

Cons

People my age (under 26) seem to think you should get promoted every 3 months. Some of which are on this forum spend half the day looking at YouTube and salary sites it is little surprise they didn't get anywhere. It's hard to listen to because it makes people our age seem lazy. Not all of us are I promise. Access to management is limited at times.

Learn to weed out the noisy ones. There are some of us who are committed. Set up a system to spot your stars earlier. The CD should focus on work get someone else to lead the team as a manager it's not his talent. Slow down and retool. Look at other forms of compensation like work from home flex days.

Apr 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to review Lunchbox. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you've enjoyed the projects and the people. We absolutely want to help you with your career ... More

Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lunchbox part-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, good work-life balance.

Cons

Personal growth, lack of management, lack of followthrough.

Listen to your department and take action when you say you will.

Loonbox

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at Lunchbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clients look great on your resume

Cons

C-Levels are horrendous as leaders, allowing gossip to dictate decisions made about employees. Very much a clique environment where the A-List gets the perks and everyone else (regardless of talent level and work quality) is treated less than decently. Most staff hate working there and turnover was ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Learn how to run your agency like a place of business, not a high school

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low employee morale, no leadership, bad vacation policy - don't waste time here

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lunchbox full-time

Pros

Nice people (outside of the managers) and lots of cool brands to get experience with. Hours for most are good except for developers

Cons

Senior management knows nothing about leading a larger company. They don't communicate clearly with anyone and are narcissistic to the point of frustration. Developers are underpaid and overworked. No sick days, personal days - 10 days per year of PTO. It was hard having a family and trying to take care of my kids when they got sick and me when I was out. We could never plan a vacation and no work from home. The office feels like a jail and most people bond because they feel miserable and trapped. This place is a total joke and would never work there again.

Most reviews like this are accurate and actually go quite easy on your company. Treat your employees with respect, they may stay around longer.

Apr 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to review Lunchbox. We appreciate your feedback however your PTO assessment is incorrect. We do have 10 days of PTO per year that can be used for sick, personal or ... More

A chaotic hodge-podge bad management and inexperienced kids.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lunchbox as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Digital experience. The L.A. creative director really supports his staff with efforts to upgrade creative. He's the true hero of the place.

Cons

There is no organization/process in place and there is no leadership except for the L.A. and Chicago Creative directors. There's tons of confusion and people don't quite know what they're supposed to be doing.

Get some clarity as to how to run the company beyond traveling and schmoozing with your friends/clients. Instill a process for efficiency by training your employees and raising morale. Invest in your people and pay them appropriately.

Apr 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to review Lunchbox. We appreciate your feedback. Recently, we have experienced tremendous growth and have been short a significant amount of staff. We are currently ... More

Company run out of Chicago by a team of former Unilever employees that know nothing about digital or shopper marketing.

I worked at Lunchbox full-time

Pros

The client roster and clients are great

Cons

The management is non existent

Save yourself!!!

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time

Pros

The people, the people.. did I mention the people?!

Cons

EVERYTHING else. Seriously, EVERYTHING. The people are awesome and thats just about it.

Start hiring and appreciating real talent.

Apr 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to review Lunchbox. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you enjoy working with our talented team members. Digital marketing and retail is a tough industry ... More

It's OK, could be much better, could be a lot worse.

I worked at Lunchbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people are young, are transplants, and like to socialize. There's a ping pong table, a gym on the second floor, and an open sky roof if you're on the third floor. The astro turf, and ball courts are somewhat still in tact from its day as a mega gym.

Because the work volume is high, if you're paying attention at work, you'll level up rather quickly in the industry.

The hours are the best, really. The average person leaves before 5:30, almost always.

Cons

Because people are younger here, there seemed to be a bit of micro-managing.

The emphasis of the company's identity is on account services, as opposed to the creative process and those who execute the content. If you're coming in as a creative, prepare for some work.

The pay. But, pay your dues, and you'll be on your way even if it's not at the company.

Retail is hard work but you will be much better than you ever were before if you can learn it

Former Employee - Art Director  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lunchbox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Retail is hard work, its not like regular advertising and that takes a lot of getting used to because you have to explain all kinds of things you dont get asked in regular advertising. Company grows year after year and things never sow down.

Cons

High volume of a lot of the same kind of work, no real training its learn by doing. Attitude from directors some go missing.

The senior management team knows a lot but sometimes has a hard time explaining it. The main issue is the directors are young or inexperienced and things move to fast for everyone to stop and get trained.

Great for a first or second job after college.

I have been working at Lunchbox full-time

Pros

the people are great and the hours.

Cons

there is no future there.

Apr 22, 2014HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to review Lunchbox. We appreciate your feedback. The agency business can take some time to get ahead in. The first few years after college are about work ethic and ... More

Worked for Lunchbox? Contribute to the Community!