Lunds

www.lundsandbyerlys.com

Lunds Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Lunds – Golden Valley – “United Way Campaign”

Tres Lund III

I have ample opportunity to advance and be successful.

Store Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe job allows for immense personal growth and opportunity through advancement; I have been promoted 4 times in as many years. Additionally, we are expanding quickly.

ConsThe work can sometimes be tedious as it is a retail position. There can be a lack of training at times going into new positions, but it has gotten better even in the time I have been with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on opening stores!

Great company, poor execution

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat vision by top leadership, excellent training and development programs, good reputation within community, great company success in a failing market.

ConsLimited growth paths, inconsistent company initiatives, divide between corporate expectations and realistic store conditions, difficult to get to management on board with ideas at store level, some weak performers in leadership positions, some important players are not very compassionate to employee needs.

The Perfect Grocery Store

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsGreat, caring staff. Good benefits. Beautiful stores to work at.

ConsMaybe too "high class"

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a better discount to staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

Front End Manager (Former Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsOpportunities for advancement within the store. Good reputation for quality and selection of merchandise. Stores I worked in had a nice feeling atmosphere among co-workers.

ConsRetail hours, every movement watched like a hawk.

Great Family owned organization

Store Supervisor (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsI have worked at Lunds and Byerly's stores for over a decade and never thought I'd still be here. They have done everything imaginable to better the employee experience while maintaining their business acumen. It's like home, no matter which location I work at. They have added great advancement programs to help individuals develop into great leaders.

ConsSometimes people get left in the dust for whatever reason, you get told you're more than qualified but someone else gets the position because they "know someone".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the training opportunities, because they are ideal for people my age trying to better themselves while staying with the company. Go Krag!

Lunds is a great place to work, very great culture and opportunities

Corporate Support Office (Current Employee) Edina, MN

ProsOpportunities for advancement abound, the culture and values are top notch, the discount is fabulous.

ConsThey dont have ocean front locations, They dont provide 100% 401k matching, They provide medical benefits

Extremely well managed, very nice first job.

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsAmazing costumers, managers, and fun times.

ConsNormal minimum wage job, but still fun.

Great place to work with awesome coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with and you learn to work with customers. My boss was a good leader and I had awesome coworkers.

ConsThere are a few opportunities to advance to higher positions and even if you do your wage doesn't specifically change to correspond with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to make more opportunities for advancement in positions.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edina, MN

ProsUpper management is bar none!!!!!

ConsSome positions do not have a large amount of opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a loyal employee base. Keep offering them opportunities to advance and they will stay.

Great place to work and great people

Cashier (Former Employee) Roseville, MN

ProsFlexible hours, part time opportunities, great people

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for growth

Worked for Lunds? Contribute to the Community!