Luth Research

Excellent service

Former Employee - Title Interviewer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Title Interviewer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working for Luth Research, friendly staff and co-workers. If you needed help, staff was there to help you out and explain thoroughly what needed to be done.

Cons

It was not steady employment, if they didn't have no new surveys coming in then we would be laid off.

I learned a lot at your company how surveys are done and loved talking to clients when I was doing the surveys.

If you have any other legitimate options, I suggest those.

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research

Pros

Some of the phone room staff seem happy (if you read the positive reviews, they all are from the phone room, I can't find any from salaried staff). Also we don't lie to our clients like we lie to our employees and prospective hires.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard.
    Very fear based management style - they rely on fear as a motivator. They also fear they won't be able to sell the company (the current priority) leading them to constantly change strategies before the last one was even given time to work.
    Everyone in the sales staff was lied to in the recruiting process about goals, how many attain them and realistic first year commissions. I've spent three years with the company and never seen anyone achieve their first year goals (they are sure to tell you different).
    People are not happy here. Go to LinkedIn and see how many account executives or analysts have been with the company more than two years. Once you fully understand where you are, you start working on leaving.

Incentives are lame. Making the monthly revenue goals might call for more than a tasteless 6 oz smoothie, or nothing at all (this is actually the source of a a lot of butter laughs).

Hostile Work Environment

Former Employee - BDA in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - BDA in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met a few good people their, free snacks, cold medicine, janitorial staff is awesome, and they don't try and prove Glassdoor wrong.

Cons

Omg ...everything. If you enjoy working with felons who curse you out because they forgot to take their methadone then this place is just for you! Company is horrible.

What management? The management comes and goes there as not too many people can deal with a place that has no rules in writing.

Worst company I have ever experienced. At Luth I encountered the worst management of my career.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paycheck. Vending machines at the break room. Covered parking if you are early. Management leaves a lot to be desired.

Cons

Environment is competitive in the worst way...there is no support from management. There are few places I can imagine being worst in terms of corporate culture.

Don't expect much

Former Employee - Phone Interviewer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Phone Interviewer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours and a great location if you like downtown.

Cons

The job would've been better had the hours been stable, regardless I wouldn't expect much from any of the positions they offered.

A researcher analyst's worst mistake

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none. The only good reviews you'll see on this company from from the call-center workers. No analyst I have ever met has enjoyed their experience here.

Cons

The dump loads of work in your lap without providing any training. They hire analysts just to get them through their busy season (August-February) and dump them as soon as business slows. They hire workers with little experience that they can get for very low salaries and give them little opportunity to succeed. Please don't make the same mistake I did and except a job from this company. You'll regret it!

Attempt at treating your workers as human beings and strive to develop a company culture where employees aren't miserable and so easily discarded.

Mandatory overtime, poor working environment, high turnover rates

Former Employee - Online Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Online Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent salary/benefits package, convenient location

Cons

Mandatory overtime, high turnover rates, little to no training or communication, hostile work environment

Don't treat employees as expendable objects to be replaced every 6 months to a year. Spend more time providing training and feedback. Focus on long-term development and improving work/life balance for employees, rather than demanding long hours with mandatory overtime for little recognition or reward.

Qualitative Research Interviewer

Former Employee - Qualitative Research Interviewer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Qualitative Research Interviewer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

For me it was close to home and well that's about it.

Cons

Ridiculous supervisory team. Most of the supervisors are relatives of somebody in upper management. They do not have the supervisorial expertice to deal with their employees. There are no percs or benefits as the management makes sure to keep employees well below full-time even if you want to progress. Pay is minimum wage to majority of employees.

Get your act together. Reward the quality people you have and bounce the druggies and ex-cons. Then again, you do only pay your employees minimum wage so what do you expect?

Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Phone Interviewer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Phone Interviewer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are fun to work with and the supervisors always reward hard work and excellence. There is so much room for growth within the company. There is a lot of diversity as well and its nice to have a well rounded staff working together as a team to get the job done.

Cons

Fluorescent lighting in call center. Would be nice to have a more private smoking area. But, other than that, I have no major issues working at Luth Research.

Thank you for all the help when I needed it. I like that you guys take the time to coach me and help me improve on something when I am not doing it correctly.

Very positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fair employer, good salary and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

I did not have any negative experiences at Luth Research

None