Lutheran Social Services of New England

Lutheran Social Services of New England Reviews

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Was able to build my knowledge in the field that I am pursuing for work.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Concord, NH

ProsA great work environment. A place I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a job. The people there treated as part of their team

ConsThere were no cons at Lutheran Social Services. An awesome company that I was able to experience my volunteer time with.

Good intentions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPrograms serve people in need

ConsUpper management and pay was low

The structures at LSSNE had been in employees' favor and were steadily being broken down to their detriment.

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe management was generally very supportive of my needs to balance work and family life. There was still a decent amount of vacation time, though it was just previously knocked down from what it had been. The general atmosphere is still very positive in that people still do care about what they're doing and how to make a difference in the lives of their clients.

ConsThe culture of the company does not learn well, nor does it know how to listen to ideas which would help move the company through difficult scenarios. There's a lot of "that would be helpful" and then the ideas get ignored. Even if there are reasons for not taking the ideas of those lower than senior management, there could be much more engagement with new ideas across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your employees say, and genuinely engage what might be useful. If there seems to be a good idea, no matter where it comes from, don't be afraid to try it and/or bring it to your own boss.

Worked for Lutheran Social Services of New England? Contribute to the Community!