Lutheran Social Services of the South

Add Photos

Major turn over rate

FSW (Former Employee)
Amarillo, TX

I worked at Lutheran Social Services of the South full-time for more than a year

ProsPopular name among foster agencies.

ConsManagement refuses to listen to staff. This is a dog eat dog agency, don't let the name fool you!! History of violations....outlook for company not good!

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh turn over rate will continue until big changes are done.

Claims it is mission-driven but not really.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lutheran Social Services of the South

ProsFSWs really do care about the children in their care. The retirement communities are taking good care of senior retirees.

ConsUpper management does not care about all of the lower paid workers. They do not manage by example but by instilling fear in the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the turnover - a lot of really good people have been leaving the agency. Morale is at an all time low,

Talks a good story

Manager (Current Employee)
Katy, TX

I have been working at Lutheran Social Services of the South full-time for more than a year

ProsCould be filling a vital roll saving kids lives

ConsRefuses to bite the bullet and fix what is broken.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAy attention to what your employees are saying.

This agency is driven by money alone.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no positives about working for this agency.

ConsThis agency is driven by individuals solely interested in their own careers and making money for the agency. There are very few individuals working here who are actually interested in making a difference for children. This agency threatens to fire their employees daily and rules by fear. Upper management back bites, talks about others in a negative fashion, and looks out only for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be in your best interest to support the people who work for you, those who are actually working with the families and the children.

Worked for Lutheran Social Services of the South? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lutheran Social Services of the South reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Lutheran Social Services of the South employees.