Luxottica Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
3.1

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Yearly free pair of glasses (prescription or plano) valued up to (in 7 reviews)

• 1 Free pair of sunglasses every year up to (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 15 reviews)

• If you are looking for a REAL part-time job, do NOT apply here (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Take the good with the bad.

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager  in  Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Luxottica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the Luxottica employee discount. The job at SGH allows for alot of independence so you feel like you are running your own business. I make my own schedule which is awesome and I make the customer happy.

Cons

Field management is very inconsistent. You pretty much have to do whatever it takes to make the customer shut up so you don't get a customer complaint. You are also alone in the store most of the time. The company pays more to outside hires than inside promotions.

Reward your best selling/managing staff if you want them to stay. Pay them more or someone else will.

Great potential but management varies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Luxottica part-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive upbeat company. They are always trying to improve their process. The perks of sunglasses were nice.

Cons

Constant change in management was difficult. The biggest struggle was working inside of a Macy's store. Sunglass Hut and Macy's did not always see eye to eye

Contest for Managers was great but it does not encourage the staff to work harder because we did not win the trips or money

Sales

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

Easy scheduling from college to home.

Cons

Bad customer relations and treat employees poorly

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don' t be fooled....it's all about the money ... money ...money

Former Employee - Store Manager Luxottica
    Former Employee - Store Manager Luxottica

I worked at Luxottica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic employee discounts and freebees as well as vision benefits.

Cons

Limited career movement unless you live in metro area.... and forget about keeping your job past ten years in the more suburban areas- particularly if your doing it well- the last thing Lux wants to do is to continue to give pay increases to a manager in a smaller volume store. They can simply manufacture a situation to send said manager packing and replace them with someone less experienced that they can pay significantly less.

Your tenured managers that you are so quick to send off to save a dime are your best investment. Honor them for the hard working and loyal employees that they are.

Great Sales Experience

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Luxottica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Personal growth, great mentor ship in a corporate setting

Cons

compensation and hours can be tough to come by

Great work environment.

I have been working at Luxottica full-time

Pros

Company provides weekly meal cards employees can use at their cafeteria. Coworkers are always helpful and kind. Great work environment. Supervisors are understandable and work with their employees.

Cons

Difficult to transition to a new position within company due to budget issues and controversy with management in Milan. Limited growth. Requests of any kind usually take extended periods of time to resolve.

Work on retention and communicating with employees.

sales associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Luxottica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great employees, great discounts, great as a pt job.

Cons

will not promote. been there for three years, kept being promised a promotion if i did certain things......the promotion was never delievered after i did everything plus more

Optician

Current Employee - Licensed Optician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Licensed Optician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Luxottica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Insurance and Pay is good especially if you get commission for making your sales goals.

Cons

Get ready for a high pressured sales job with unrealistic sales goals. You can't find people to cover because they staff minimum employees. Pay raises are not based on performance and are very small. They burn out good employees. Management is constantly mico managing.

Show some appriciation to your hard working employees. Talk more possitive in meetings instead of beating down everyone over sales.( not a good motivator) Give realistic sales goals and don't punish a store with crazy sales goals just because they did good the previous year.

Good benefits and employee discount, horrible management.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Luxottica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discounts you get on glasses & commission on sales were great.

Cons

Horrible upper management, complained to HR more than once before any action was taken.

Not as bad as some other retail jobs I have had.

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate  in  Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Evansville, IN

I worked at Luxottica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the time it was great working there. I loved dealing with the customers, doing paperwork, and looking at the newest sunglasses that were sent in every week.

Cons

Definitely having numerous of managers and hardly any training. The regional manager/managers were never enthusiastic about making the goal for us to get commission. Probably because they were never trained. Also, working by yourself for 8 hours and sitting was breaking the rules, was a little much. With back problems already and during slow times, the days got long.

Keeping managers at the location was hard. I went through 3 different managers during my 4 month time there at Sunglass Hut. Definitely need to train their employees/managers more. The only reason why I knew so much is because my brother worked there before me. If he wasn't there to help me with each step, I would have been completely lost. The Regional Manger was so hard to get ahold of, and when there were new employees or problems with the computer/system, we would have to call numerous of times to get a response.

Worked for Luxottica? Contribute to the Community!