Luxottica

Updated January 14, 2015
3.1

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Yearly free pair of glasses (prescription or plano) valued up to (in 7 reviews)

• 1 Free pair of sunglasses every year up to (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 17 reviews)

• limited staff with crazy sales goals (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Quality Assurance

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

Great work-Life balance, Amazing Supervisor, Compensation, Development, and PTO is good. Its a great job if you are a student because the hours, depending on the shift, balance well with a school schedule. They also provide tuition reimbursement

Cons

3rd and 4th shift hours make it a little difficult to go out at night. Sometimes it is difficult when you are trying to work with leadership from other departments because they have their own set of goals they have to accomplish and they sometimes bend the policy to do it.

Worked at a branch of Luxottica for 15 years

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Luxottica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was a very fun job. Then we got bought out by Luxottica. You can grow as long as you are in with your D.M's.

Cons

BEWARE if you are there for a long time and they can replace you for less they will. Doesn't matter if you are making goal or not. They will hound you for the tiniest things and write you up, like a few finger prints on the window and I do mean a few. Once they start that you know you have been targeted. They expect you to work crazy hours with no extra compensation holidays, and you are hourly not salary. They expect you to stand for an eight to ten to twelve hour shift with no breaks. You must eat standing up and continually be interrupted while you eat because they cut payroll to the minimum and single coverage means your the only one there. How do they get away with it believe me they do.
    So if you like being abused and taken advantage of, or run to the end of your rope, this is the place for you!

To the owner, we are not lucky to be hired by you as you insist on telling us.

Intern

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great Development program, really focused on you learning.

Cons

Only 10 weeks long so it felt short.

Extend the internship.

Once Luxottica has an eye on you...there's no where else to go

Current Employee - Certified Optician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Optician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GREAT PAY!! W/ high commission and outstanding benefits after some time of working there
    Once hired on, there is a great chance that you're going to be there to stay!
    Job for life!

Cons

Lack of management skills from the managers at specific locations
    Once you leave the company, for good or for bad reasons, it's hard to find a solid job like the one you had with Luxottica...THEY OWN EVERYTHING.
    Lack of advancement to become higher within the company...promised promotions and raises leads to false hopes and aspirations and dreams.

Work on hiring people from the bottom up, versus bringing in new people without degrees or experience in the field...creates less commotion and uproar with the commission and when there is any kind of advancement.

Luxottica is a great place to work for starting out in retail management

Current Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, work-life balance, play your own music, style people the way you think they look best, lead teams of people

Cons

Sales associates were limited to 5-6 hour shifts. It's hard to build a great team with short shifts. I had a great team and we were 196% of our sales goal on the year when I left in September 2014.

More than a job, family

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All of them. Great developmental company

Cons

None. All fun and fixible

Open mind

It was great, I loved my co workers.

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

The pay was great and I loved seeing people.

Cons

People bought sunglasses and then returned them complaining about the prices.

No advice. Well, tell everyone to step up their game and work as hard as team 6224 in Marketplace Mall

Decent, fun employment

Current Employee - Key Holder in Edinburgh, IN
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Edinburgh, IN

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, OK 401k, good work environment. Generally managers are nice and friendly to full time employees. It gets really fun around holiday times and many companies give you extra bonuses and incentives to sell their products.

Cons

boring and unchallenged work. District Managers are terrible at best, however they are rarely seen. Can be overworked at times, especially on black friday (thursday) expect to work 20 or more hours in a day.

Let individual stores do their jobs and get out of the way unless quotas are not being met.

Could have been better

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

I love working for sunglass hut because you are not limited by many rules, it allows you to be creative and make the best of your judgement. Also if you love to sell, this is your place to shine.

Cons

I absolutely hate the management, very unstructured and very unprofessional at times, its sad because the job could be so much better! They care a lot about making numbers, not a lot of clientling

Tough but fair

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Tough but fair place to work and very updated with 21st century technology.

Cons

Sterile environment needs more laughter.

Luxottica Photos