Luxottica

Updated November 19, 2014
3.1

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Yearly free pair of glasses (prescription or plano) valued up to (in 7 reviews)

• 1 Free pair of sunglasses every year up to (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 17 reviews)

• limited staff with crazy sales goals (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Intern

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Development program, really focused on you learning.

Cons

Only 10 weeks long so it felt short.

Extend the internship.

Once Luxottica has an eye on you...there's no where else to go

Current Employee - Certified Optician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Optician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GREAT PAY!! W/ high commission and outstanding benefits after some time of working there
    Once hired on, there is a great chance that you're going to be there to stay!
    Job for life!

Cons

Lack of management skills from the managers at specific locations
    Once you leave the company, for good or for bad reasons, it's hard to find a solid job like the one you had with Luxottica...THEY OWN EVERYTHING.
    Lack of advancement to become higher within the company...promised promotions and raises leads to false hopes and aspirations and dreams.

Work on hiring people from the bottom up, versus bringing in new people without degrees or experience in the field...creates less commotion and uproar with the commission and when there is any kind of advancement.

Luxottica is a great place to work for starting out in retail management

Current Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, work-life balance, play your own music, style people the way you think they look best, lead teams of people

Cons

Sales associates were limited to 5-6 hour shifts. It's hard to build a great team with short shifts. I had a great team and we were 196% of our sales goal on the year when I left in September 2014.

More than a job, family

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All of them. Great developmental company

Cons

None. All fun and fixible

Open mind

Could have been better

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

I love working for sunglass hut because you are not limited by many rules, it allows you to be creative and make the best of your judgement. Also if you love to sell, this is your place to shine.

Cons

I absolutely hate the management, very unstructured and very unprofessional at times, its sad because the job could be so much better! They care a lot about making numbers, not a lot of clientling

It was great, I loved my co workers.

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

The pay was great and I loved seeing people.

Cons

People bought sunglasses and then returned them complaining about the prices.

No advice. Well, tell everyone to step up their game and work as hard as team 6224 in Marketplace Mall

Decent, fun employment

Current Employee - Key Holder in Edinburgh, IN
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Edinburgh, IN

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, OK 401k, good work environment. Generally managers are nice and friendly to full time employees. It gets really fun around holiday times and many companies give you extra bonuses and incentives to sell their products.

Cons

boring and unchallenged work. District Managers are terrible at best, however they are rarely seen. Can be overworked at times, especially on black friday (thursday) expect to work 20 or more hours in a day.

Let individual stores do their jobs and get out of the way unless quotas are not being met.

TOXIC corporate culture. Think twice.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Free eye care, jeans and t-shirt dress code, lots of glasses and sunglasses.

Cons

The MOST TOXIC culture of any organization I've been at. Mediocrity is the norm here. This organization is NOT a meritocracy. If you are deemed a smart person, or a high performer, hold tight, you'll have a glass ceiling over your head in a nano second! The few promotions that were given (mostly Director level and above) were to the people who have slept with the"leaders", or are the biggest suck ups you've ever met. More times than I can count, other people were credited with my work, while "praising" me along the way. One is great when they make his/her manager look good, but not good enough to be promoted, as the manager is trying to hold on to the hierarchy.

People are a cheap commodity at Luxottica. People with more than 5 years of service are hard to come by. Why? Because tenured associates are routinely disposed of, so cheaper talent can be brought in. It's a revolving door of talent leaving the organization. People come, get the title/experience and leave after experiencing the hostile and backstabbing environment.

No career paths, whatsoever. Promote your people. Stop fighting among yourselves, the people below you suffer.

More times than I can count other people were credited with my work. HR and it's "leaders" have fostered the MOST TOXIC corporate culture of any organization I've been at. Some of the worst offenders were HR "leaders", who not only can't get along with each other, but set an example of lying, cheating and backstabbing. When looking at an organization's culture, look no further than the examples set by it's leadership.

Lastly, stop pandering to your associates. There is nothing worst that being lied to your face about how much you "care". ACTIONS speak a lot louder than words.

The leadership in Italy needs to clean house of the "leaders" in Mason, Ohio. Unfortunately, the only thing they care about is $$$ and sales numbers...it shows.

potential

I have been working at Luxottica part-time

Pros

good experience with high end merchandise. Freat micro managing experience

Cons

terribly work hours (hardly enough. shifts are 4 hours a week)

provide more full time opportunities

Tough but fair

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Tough but fair place to work and very updated with 21st century technology.

Cons

Sterile environment needs more laughter.

Luxottica Photos