Luxottica Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Yearly free pair of glasses (prescription or plano) valued up to (in 7 reviews)

• 1 Free pair of sunglasses every year up to (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 17 reviews)

• If you are looking for a REAL part-time job, do NOT apply here (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Luxottica is a great place to work for starting out in retail management

Current Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, work-life balance, play your own music, style people the way you think they look best, lead teams of people

Cons

Sales associates were limited to 5-6 hour shifts. It's hard to build a great team with short shifts. I had a great team and we were 196% of our sales goal on the year when I left in September 2014.

More than a job, family

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All of them. Great developmental company

Cons

None. All fun and fixible

Open mind

It was great, I loved my co workers.

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

The pay was great and I loved seeing people.

Cons

People bought sunglasses and then returned them complaining about the prices.

No advice. Well, tell everyone to step up their game and work as hard as team 6224 in Marketplace Mall

Decent, fun employment

Current Employee - Key Holder in Edinburgh, IN
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Edinburgh, IN

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, OK 401k, good work environment. Generally managers are nice and friendly to full time employees. It gets really fun around holiday times and many companies give you extra bonuses and incentives to sell their products.

Cons

boring and unchallenged work. District Managers are terrible at best, however they are rarely seen. Can be overworked at times, especially on black friday (thursday) expect to work 20 or more hours in a day.

Let individual stores do their jobs and get out of the way unless quotas are not being met.

Could have been better

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

I love working for sunglass hut because you are not limited by many rules, it allows you to be creative and make the best of your judgement. Also if you love to sell, this is your place to shine.

Cons

I absolutely hate the management, very unstructured and very unprofessional at times, its sad because the job could be so much better! They care a lot about making numbers, not a lot of clientling

Tough but fair

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Tough but fair place to work and very updated with 21st century technology.

Cons

Sterile environment needs more laughter.

Can't complain, much.

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Luxottica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the pay was pretty good, the people I worked with were pretty fun, it was nice.

Cons

the con is....location.
    I live in a part of Texas where paying $80-$400 for a pair of sunglasses is a bit ridiculous to a lot of people, so reaching your sales quota is super hard.

TOXIC corporate culture. Think twice.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Free eye care, jeans and t-shirt dress code, lots of glasses and sunglasses.

Cons

The MOST TOXIC culture of any organization I've been at. Mediocrity is the norm here. This organization is NOT a meritocracy. If you are deemed a smart person, or a high performer, hold tight, you'll have a glass ceiling over your head in a nano second! The few promotions that were given (mostly Director level and above) were to the people who have slept with the"leaders", or are the biggest suck ups you've ever met. More times than I can count, other people were credited with my work, while "praising" me along the way. One is great when they make his/her manager look good, but not good enough to be promoted, as the manager is trying to hold on to the hierarchy.

People are a cheap commodity at Luxottica. People with more than 5 years of service are hard to come by. Why? Because tenured associates are routinely disposed of, so cheaper talent can be brought in. It's a revolving door of talent leaving the organization. People come, get the title/experience and leave after experiencing the hostile and backstabbing environment.

No career paths, whatsoever. Promote your people. Stop fighting among yourselves, the people below you suffer.

More times than I can count other people were credited with my work. HR and it's "leaders" have fostered the MOST TOXIC corporate culture of any organization I've been at. Some of the worst offenders were HR "leaders", who not only can't get along with each other, but set an example of lying, cheating and backstabbing. When looking at an organization's culture, look no further than the examples set by it's leadership.

Lastly, stop pandering to your associates. There is nothing worst that being lied to your face about how much you "care". ACTIONS speak a lot louder than words.

The leadership in Italy needs to clean house of the "leaders" in Mason, Ohio. Unfortunately, the only thing they care about is $$$ and sales numbers...it shows.

I have been here a few years now and it is by far the most unprofessional place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Optical Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Optical Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have some great workers who work hard and are good all around people

Cons

This place needs a whole new restart with management and hr. Nothing you say to hr is private they tell everyone what you discuss and are on the management side . They tell you when you decide to leave or they get rid of you that you won't find anything better than here and that you are a loser and good luck with your crap life ..so unprofessional .They said they want you to come to them with issues and solutions to make the place run better but when you do they get offended and mad and tell you if you don't like how they do things or their ideas you can go work somewhere else.they don't treat any of their workers with any respect they see everyone as machines who are expected to do how many jobs they say and when they want them and not make any mistakes.they don't train anyone properly their way of training is a 4 min run through of how to do the job and your expected to hit rate immediAtly or you will be threatened with a write up if you don't.The job requires a good two weeks of training and doing it for a few months to be able to hit quota but they don't care if u don't get what they want immediately they harass you and most people quit. They lie and give people points so that it comes to the point where you can't miss any work and they can also mandatory for overtime whenever they please and they know you must come in because you don't have any points left .they will mandatory some people every day of the week for 12hrs shifts they don't care if you have kids or school they expect you do drop everything and do whatever they need to help the, but don't want to help you.they point you even with family deaths they don't care what happens you are to be at work and hit rate unless your one of managements snitches then you can do nothing and leave early everyday and text and walk around and never get in trouble for anything .this place is such a hostile work environment and management walks around and treats like a prison .they have so many great people working their that deserve better the people are the only thing that keep me their until I find another job I wouldn't reccome c this place to anyone the much nicer and professional lab is down the street called vsp you can work here for 15 years and still do the same job but they will promote someone who bends to what they say and tell them how great they are when they have no experience in a area whatsoever.dont expect a raise either your lucky to get a 10cent yearly raise most people. Are about the same as a new hire that have been there 10+ years

Corporate needs to step in and take out all the people who are power hungry and don't know how to treat human beings and remake management from scratch or this place will continue to go down in production as it is right now and you will continue to lose all your new and veteran employees

potential

I have been working at Luxottica part-time

Pros

good experience with high end merchandise. Freat micro managing experience

Cons

terribly work hours (hardly enough. shifts are 4 hours a week)

provide more full time opportunities

Luxottica Photos