Luxottica

Luxottica Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra

Andrea Guerra

Pros:
  • "Free pair of glasses on employment anniversary (up to"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Bit relaxed work environment sometimes"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "4 regional managers later and a company restructured and upper management replaced"
    in 12 reviews
  • "I work in a high volume store so we usually make commission, but I could see how this would be totally frustrating for employees at low volume stores"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

3rd Key Management A Typical Job

Third Key (Former Employee)
Waterloo, NY

I worked at Luxottica part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Sales contests and flexible hours for classes or other responsibilities. Reasonable goals and management.

ConsAt times, the management makes the selling on the retail floor out to be a used car lot feel, they forget its ok to have a personality.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny unofficial sales being processed are because store managers are telling their lower staff to go ahead with order, or saying its been approved.

It is a large corporate company

Retail Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Luxottica full-time for more than a year

Proslimited growth opportunity from department to department

Conscareer development. Technolgy, limited.

Slow to advance career-you are pigeon-holed for what they need.

Production Technician (Former Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I worked at Luxottica full-time for more than a year

Prosbenefits are good, pay is reasonable

Conscan not advance very fast. If you are good at a job it is hard to go to something else. They will keep you at the position you are good at. Was told by a supervisor and a trainer that I would be at the position I was at (was good at it) until I died or quit. Not very encouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the desires for employees to advance. I know it is a business and management is focused on making the company profitable and getting the biggest production amount out of it's employees, but consider that a "happy" employee is a "productive" employee. Not to mention a loyal employee.

Fun, competitive sales environment

Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Albertville, MN

I worked at Luxottica part-time for less than a year

ProsIt was enjoyable learning about the products, interacting with customers, and earning extra income when sales plan were over our goals. Managers and coworkers I worked with most of the time were great too. Incentives are always running for associates, such as earning points for a merchandise rewards program, etc.

ConsStarting pay is low, and have worked with managers that have been hit or miss when it comes to organization, treatment of employees, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove loss prevention. Real or false security tags on the merchandise would be one way to prevent theft.

A retail company that overshadows its manufacturing operations

Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Luxottica full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt's a company that wants to be a better company. It understands that it is a company that should value people, and is still trying to figure out how.

ConsLower than average benefits, much higher than average politics for a manufacturing company since it is dominated by the Retail organization within North America. .

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate people more for their contributions, not their ability to network and hobnob. Allow and yes, even embrace! dissenting views.

sales associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Luxottica part-time

Prosits always cool working alone

Conslimited staff with crazy sales goals

Great first time retail job, hard work will allow upward movement quickly

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Luxottica full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat first time retail job, with hard work it's easy to scale the company ranks to a certain degree. Amazing people. $500 certificate for eyewear every year with the company. Commission. Monthly bonuses. Quick PTO accrual. Stepping stone company.

ConsCommission and bonus only if your store makes goal. Single coverage. No breaks. PTO blackouts. Not enough time to train new associates and coach team. Always on call. Number driven business. Expected to sell 40 hours a week plus paperwork and conference calls. Work closer to 50 hours a week. Stepping stone company not meant for career.

Advice to Senior ManagementSingle coverage with no breaks when the company just broke 1 billion dollars? Build your empire, but not on the backs of your hardest working employees. Better work environment will ensure all the money you spend on training will stay and not move on to bigger and better opportunities.

Good Company but High Pressure

Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Luxottica part-time for more than 3 years

ProsSunglass Hut is great about working around your schedule (other jobs, school etc) and its very easy to get time off. Its also a clean environment and more of a "fun" atmosphere and they do pay above minimum wage. Also free glasses for each year you're with the company.

ConsHigh daily sales goals add a lot of pressure and its usually aggressive selling, which gets uncomfortable at times with co-workers and having to shadow customers. You are also told you will make commission on sales, which is only true if EVERYONE makes their sales and that just doesn't happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorkers should get commission based off their own performance. Its discouraging to bring in thousands of dollars for the company and get nothing more than someone who just stands around doing nothing.

Sales Associate

Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Luxottica part-time for more than a year

ProsVery flexible schedule, its perfect for a college student, easy merchandise to clean, store, etc. Good discount.

ConsThe pay was low and eventually you get cut hours. Management has unrealistic favoritism towards sales associates where they are blind to situation going on in stores. Unprofessional staff decides to execute business decisions and important conversations via text messages. Disrespectful management and staff. I was fired without even getting a notification via their favorite means of communication, text messaging. The commission isn't worth it if you don't get enough hours to meet your goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional. Their lack of professionalism is something that is hilarious. Have more realistic goals and realize that you won't be able to get a sales out of every customer that walks in, its completely ludicrous. Favoritism will only hurt you.

What are "hours"?

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Luxottica part-time for less than a year

ProsManager is nice and free pair of sunglasses on your yearly anniversary with the company

ConsThey promised me no less than 10 hours a week when hiring me (I also happen to be a student)… But last week, this week, AND next week, I am only scheduled for ONE 3.5 hour shift.
Management told me hours were based on sales… I got the highest percentage to my goal and have continuously made me goals previously, to only be given 3.5 hours a week.

If you are looking for a REAL part-time job, do NOT apply here.

Worked for Luxottica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luxottica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Luxottica CEO Andrea Guerra. All 202 reviews posted anonymously by Luxottica employees.