Luxottica

Updated November 19, 2014
3.1

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Yearly free pair of glasses (prescription or plano) valued up to (in 7 reviews)

• 1 Free pair of sunglasses every year up to (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 17 reviews)

• limited staff with crazy sales goals (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

TOXIC corporate culture. Think twice.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Free eye care, jeans and t-shirt dress code, lots of glasses and sunglasses.

Cons

The MOST TOXIC culture of any organization I've been at. Mediocrity is the norm here. This organization is NOT a meritocracy. If you are deemed a smart person, or a high performer, hold tight, you'll have a glass ceiling over your head in a nano second! The few promotions that were given (mostly Director level and above) were to the people who have slept with the"leaders", or are the biggest suck ups you've ever met. More times than I can count, other people were credited with my work, while "praising" me along the way. One is great when they make his/her manager look good, but not good enough to be promoted, as the manager is trying to hold on to the hierarchy.

People are a cheap commodity at Luxottica. People with more than 5 years of service are hard to come by. Why? Because tenured associates are routinely disposed of, so cheaper talent can be brought in. It's a revolving door of talent leaving the organization. People come, get the title/experience and leave after experiencing the hostile and backstabbing environment.

No career paths, whatsoever. Promote your people. Stop fighting among yourselves, the people below you suffer.

More times than I can count other people were credited with my work. HR and it's "leaders" have fostered the MOST TOXIC corporate culture of any organization I've been at. Some of the worst offenders were HR "leaders", who not only can't get along with each other, but set an example of lying, cheating and backstabbing. When looking at an organization's culture, look no further than the examples set by it's leadership.

Lastly, stop pandering to your associates. There is nothing worst that being lied to your face about how much you "care". ACTIONS speak a lot louder than words.

The leadership in Italy needs to clean house of the "leaders" in Mason, Ohio. Unfortunately, the only thing they care about is $$$ and sales numbers...it shows.

hate it

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

none this place is terrible

Cons

everything is bad at this company stay away

get a new job

I have been here a few years now and it is by far the most unprofessional place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Optical Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Optical Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have some great workers who work hard and are good all around people

Cons

This place needs a whole new restart with management and hr. Nothing you say to hr is private they tell everyone what you discuss and are on the management side . They tell you when you decide to leave or they get rid of you that you won't find anything better than here and that you are a loser and good luck with your crap life ..so unprofessional .They said they want you to come to them with issues and solutions to make the place run better but when you do they get offended and mad and tell you if you don't like how they do things or their ideas you can go work somewhere else.they don't treat any of their workers with any respect they see everyone as machines who are expected to do how many jobs they say and when they want them and not make any mistakes.they don't train anyone properly their way of training is a 4 min run through of how to do the job and your expected to hit rate immediAtly or you will be threatened with a write up if you don't.The job requires a good two weeks of training and doing it for a few months to be able to hit quota but they don't care if u don't get what they want immediately they harass you and most people quit. They lie and give people points so that it comes to the point where you can't miss any work and they can also mandatory for overtime whenever they please and they know you must come in because you don't have any points left .they will mandatory some people every day of the week for 12hrs shifts they don't care if you have kids or school they expect you do drop everything and do whatever they need to help the, but don't want to help you.they point you even with family deaths they don't care what happens you are to be at work and hit rate unless your one of managements snitches then you can do nothing and leave early everyday and text and walk around and never get in trouble for anything .this place is such a hostile work environment and management walks around and treats like a prison .they have so many great people working their that deserve better the people are the only thing that keep me their until I find another job I wouldn't reccome c this place to anyone the much nicer and professional lab is down the street called vsp you can work here for 15 years and still do the same job but they will promote someone who bends to what they say and tell them how great they are when they have no experience in a area whatsoever.dont expect a raise either your lucky to get a 10cent yearly raise most people. Are about the same as a new hire that have been there 10+ years

Corporate needs to step in and take out all the people who are power hungry and don't know how to treat human beings and remake management from scratch or this place will continue to go down in production as it is right now and you will continue to lose all your new and veteran employees

General manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the staff was pleasant to work with.

Cons

Everything. Corporate structure, upper management, un realistic goals, I could go on for hours.

Supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The staff was great we had 1% on what we sale, 2 vouchers a year.

Cons

The area manager and store manager was the worst part very rude, ignoring your request , I have been working for sunglass hut and never had an opportunity to grow. HR doesn't care about you, the worts company I've ever worked for!

You constantly do overtime (unpaid) you don't have any power in your store the area manager takes all the decisions , you don't have a word to say! She gives you unrealistic plans for the day and really recognise your hard work! Bottom line don't work there it's a waist of time and energy!

Horrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free Glasses, benefits are good

Cons

If you are in the field workind they treat you like dirt. Treat there Mason Corporate Office like gold.

Need to treat your field associates and management like gold. Not your corporate office people

My experience working for Sunglass Hu, an entity of Luxottica, was eye-opening.

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Luxottica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only positive thing I can say about my experience personally would be a generous discount on merchandise.

Cons

Sexual harassment, unattainable sales goals, extremely high pressure to perform, inappropriate corporate retreats, senior management in North Carolina region will at the very least make you uncomfortable if you are a woman. The first week I was hired I was required to attend a company weekend retreat at a lake house. My district manager came into my room unannounced in the evening in his boxers and a t-shirt. On days I had low sales I was told there was a direct correlation between my low sales and not wearing the right amount of makeup or fixing my hair well enough on that day.

Be more aware of who you hire, increase company morale which seems to be non-existent in some areas. I was paid a meager $10.60 per hour as a manager, seriously who can afford to live off of this?

Fun at first.

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Luxottica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

After a year with the company you get a 500 dollar certificate towards sunglasses or eyeglasses.

Cons

The shifts are only 3-4 hours, they don't reimburse for gas during the meetings, single coverage shifts, not a reliable income, managers want you to work around there time.

Work on having this company be more prospering.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Luxottica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, its perfect for a college student, easy merchandise to clean, store, etc. Good discount.

Cons

The pay was low and eventually you get cut hours. Management has unrealistic favoritism towards sales associates where they are blind to situation going on in stores. Unprofessional staff decides to execute business decisions and important conversations via text messages. Disrespectful management and staff. I was fired without even getting a notification via their favorite means of communication, text messaging. The commission isn't worth it if you don't get enough hours to meet your goal.

Be more professional. Their lack of professionalism is something that is hilarious. Have more realistic goals and realize that you won't be able to get a sales out of every customer that walks in, its completely ludicrous. Favoritism will only hurt you.

Customer Service

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

Free certificate for sunglasses for Full Time employees and additional paid time off given in the summer.

Cons

Morale is low, there's a lot of favoritism and discrimination from the director, no appreciation for employees and supervisors need more help.

Implement incentives for employees, hire a director that knows how to balance people and projects and not just focus more on projects. Implement more morale boosters in the workplace.

Luxottica Photos