Luxottica Reviews

Reset
3.1
Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Manager is nice and free pair of sunglasses on your yearly anniversary with the company (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount (30% always, 50% occasionally, free eye exams) (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 17 reviews)

• Business is heavily oriented on sales goals and support activities (in 6 reviews)

NEVER work at an independent store for this company

Former Employee - Store Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

I guess if you are a student and need a quiet place to do homework, this would be perfect.

Cons

It was extremely boring. You were there all day long. Not many people would come in at all and the ones that did usually came in with broken sunglasses expecting you to fix them. FYI it was a retail shop, not a repair shop. We weren't allowed to leave to get lunch for even 15 minutes and we weren't even supposed to SIT down. We were supposed to be standing, ready to help customers....who never even came in! It was 7.50 an hour pay. The manager was disgusting, tried to flirt with us, and always talked about nasty stories. We should have sued his ass! And when I say "we" I mean me and my friend who worked there....but never together. You always worked a shift by yourself. It was just awful...I would never have this job again. I would rather wash dishes at a restaurant.

Advice to Management

You were paying the "manager" to manage and he wasn't doing a very good job. In fact, he was never there! You might want to double check your locations to see that the people you are paying are doing their job correctly.

never again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

you get to work by yourself with no supervision

Cons

No supervision means you do not get direct feedback about how you are doing as far as your job performance and when someone does critique they are hypercritical about your how you do it.

Advice to Management

Poor company poor management - Needs to be overhauled in the DC area very badly.

3. Sunglass Hut Demands

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

the work environment is pretty laid back and the dress code is not so bad either. The hours are ok too

Cons

Management is not helpful with training there employees to be able to sell the merchandise, which can be hard if you don't have experience.

Advice to Management

They need to train there employees better on the product they are suppose to sell because you can't sell a 300 dollar pair of sunglasses if you don't know anything about them

Horrible

Current Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

easy job, managers never around, managers are not smart at all

Cons

work a lot of hours for not a lot of reward, hours hard, not good managers

Advice to Management

dont work there

I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

Salary was acceptable but not great.

Cons

The pension plan makes less interest then my savings account; HR is useless; Management doesn't care about support staff; very short staffed; Very high employee turnover; low employee morale.

Advice to Management

HR needs to worry less about themselves and more about the support staff.

7. Can't wait for economy to improve so I can run!

Current Employee - Optometrist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Optometrist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

Honestly at this point i can think of nothing positive to say about the company!! i guess I'll say i like the people I work with!

Cons

Management has NO optical experience and really has no idea what happens in an optical shop! (My manager was a former drug rep. What does that have to do with optical or knowing how to manage!) They just informed us 2010 was their highest grossing year ever but we haven't had raises in 3 yrs!! We STILL have NO 401-k match!! They cut people's hours to below the benefits cut off(30hrs) so you don't even get benefits!! It's all about money to them.They can care less about employees or the customers!

Advice to Management

Start to care about employees. Hire management that knows how to manage. Treat employees with respect Don't make EVERYTHING about the almighty dollar!

8. a horrible place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Hardly any customers ever so all I had to do was sit and watch the store.

Cons

No customers, so for hours at a time I was alone and very very dreadfully bored.

Advice to Management

Don't hire bad managers. My manager was the worst manager ever. Very disparaging and unfair. Only cared about herself and gave herself all the sale hours and then got mad at associates when we couldn't make our sales goal. Terrible terrible, terrible.

They want you to work for almost free.

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Free vision insurance. Good employee discount. Free pair of glasses on employment anniversary (up to $500).

Cons

Poor compensation. Unrealistic store sales goals. Unfair commission goals. Lack of proper training. Inconsistent company focus.

Advice to Management

You need to take a look at compensation numbers if you ever hope to develop any loyalty within your employee ranks. Pay is way to low for your front line, in comparison to other retail companies. Employee training packets need to desperately be updated to include more of the day to day operations, that you would typically learn via P2P conversation.

not many positives about this place, at all.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Natick, MA

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

I'd say that your discount is the one and only positive about working here. You also get a free pair on your anniversary date which is pretty nice.

Cons

You work long hours with no breaks. I didn't have a bathroom in my store, or a back room yet you weren't allowed to eat or drink on the sales floor. So where do I eat? You're allowed to close your store for a maximum of 20 minutes, but if a customer comes while you're gone and complains to your regional manager... you'll get in trouble. If you ever have a question about a policy, or what you should do in a certain situation the response you get from your regional manager is 'use your best judgement.' It's a company of vague. No one can ever give you a solid answer about anything. Your personal life means absolutely nothing to senior management. Your grandmother died? Who cares... you need to find coverage for your shift. You don't feel well? Who cares... you need to work until the end of your shift or find someone to work for you. I had 3 different stores in my mall which made no sense. If they just made one big store with everything, it would have been enough. They hold you to such high expectations yet don't help you in anyway to help you get there. They want you to act like you sell luxury product yet they don't give you the resources to do so. You can't special order anything for customers. You get paid peanuts in comparison to the amount of work you put in. You will be micromanaged. Advancement in the company has absolutely nothing to do with your performance or skills... it's only based on how much brown-nosing you do. There are a lot of blackout periods and priority dates that you need to work. At one point there was 10 consecutive days of priority dates. They need you to work 10 days in a row YET you can't go over 40 hours? 'Customers' take advantage of your return and exchange policy and senior management doesn't care. They'll bend over and take it as long as they are satisfying the 'customer'. The company is just so large that you are no longer a person, you are just a number. No one cares about you.

Advice to Management

It'd be nice if they'd listen to their employees. Maybe care about how they treat they people in lower positions. Revise some of their policies. Perhaps give us an actual break. Make sure all stores have a bathroom and/or back room. Give us the tools to succeed to where you want us to be. If you want us to act like we sell luxury product TREAT us as if we do.

Worst career experience in my life.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Luxottica

Pros

Discounts on great eyewear. Otherwise, Just was awful

Cons

If you are a business professional and you are not from Italy stay far far away from this place. Rude, Italian executive tea,m with no respect for U.S. culture. Revolving door of leadership team. Revolving door of people from Milan coming for a year or two and leaving. Absolute nightmare.hate to admit I ever worked there.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at what is going on in the USA. You have leaders here in the USA that are toxic to your success. Best move I made was to leave , and I was very highly respected.

RSS Feed </> Embed