Luxottica Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014

Luxottica CEO and Director Andrea Guerra
Andrea Guerra

Pros
  • Yearly free pair of glasses (prescription or plano) valued up to (in 7 reviews)

• 1 Free pair of sunglasses every year up to (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the company's choices of upper management are questionable (in 17 reviews)

• If you are looking for a REAL part-time job, do NOT apply here (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Undervalued & Underpaid

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Luxottica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount is ok, and the scheduling can be flexible. An employee also has the flexibility to work at any store in the US as long as they have the hours - anytime.

Cons

Good managers and teams are hard to come by - anyone not focused on shortsighted monetary goals are replaced, repositioned, or removed unceremoniously.

The company seems to take advantage of the fact that it has almost a monopoly on the optics industry, and therefore doesn't invest much into retention, customer care, fair wages, and health.

The turnover, in my two years with the company at over 11 locations including Sunglass Hut, LensCrafters, and Sears Optical, is very high and chaotic. In my region (60-South East) it seems to be that the good ole boy system is at play in upper management.

No mater how much knowledge, experience, or degree, if you cannot make people buy something and sign up for a credit card, there is no growth potential for you.

It is great as a part time job for college but please don't waste your time on trying to build a meaningful career.

The millennial market will not tolerate your brand of sales, employment, or micromanagement. It is time to revolutionize the way your business is run because you are loosing contracts with valuable brands, losing the loyalty or customers and seasoned employees.

Great potential but management varies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Luxottica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive upbeat company. They are always trying to improve their process. The perks of sunglasses were nice.

Cons

Constant change in management was difficult. The biggest struggle was working inside of a Macy's store. Sunglass Hut and Macy's did not always see eye to eye

Contest for Managers was great but it does not encourage the staff to work harder because we did not win the trips or money

Sales

I have been working at Luxottica

Pros

Easy scheduling from college to home.

Cons

Bad customer relations and treat employees poorly

Take the good with the bad.

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the Luxottica employee discount. The job at SGH allows for alot of independence so you feel like you are running your own business. I make my own schedule which is awesome and I make the customer happy.

Cons

Field management is very inconsistent. You pretty much have to do whatever it takes to make the customer shut up so you don't get a customer complaint. You are also alone in the store most of the time. The company pays more to outside hires than inside promotions.

Reward your best selling/managing staff if you want them to stay. Pay them more or someone else will.

Great Sales Experience

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Luxottica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Personal growth, great mentor ship in a corporate setting

Cons

compensation and hours can be tough to come by

General manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Luxottica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the staff was pleasant to work with.

Cons

Everything. Corporate structure, upper management, un realistic goals, I could go on for hours.

Don' t be fooled....it's all about the money ... money ...money

Former Employee - Store Manager Luxottica
    Former Employee - Store Manager Luxottica

I worked at Luxottica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic employee discounts and freebees as well as vision benefits.

Cons

Limited career movement unless you live in metro area.... and forget about keeping your job past ten years in the more suburban areas- particularly if your doing it well- the last thing Lux wants to do is to continue to give pay increases to a manager in a smaller volume store. They can simply manufacture a situation to send said manager packing and replace them with someone less experienced that they can pay significantly less.

Your tenured managers that you are so quick to send off to save a dime are your best investment. Honor them for the hard working and loyal employees that they are.

Great work environment.

I have been working at Luxottica full-time

Pros

Company provides weekly meal cards employees can use at their cafeteria. Coworkers are always helpful and kind. Great work environment. Supervisors are understandable and work with their employees.

Cons

Difficult to transition to a new position within company due to budget issues and controversy with management in Milan. Limited growth. Requests of any kind usually take extended periods of time to resolve.

Work on retention and communicating with employees.

sales associate

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Luxottica part-time

Pros

Loved this job. Great pay rate and good commission. Learned how to engage customers easily and felt comfortable doing it. I had an awesome team with me. Really understand and display that they carry quality over quantity products in the store. Had great interactive app on Ipad that customers would use all the time. Even though I no longer work there, I will still be a loyal customer for life.

Cons

Really wish the store I was at had a security camera, other than that, no complaints!

I have no advice for them, I think mine did a great job

Great College Student Job

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Boise, ID

I worked at Luxottica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility with hours, energetic and friendly atmosphere, small team of co-workers enables employee bonding. Great manager!

Cons

If you are not a natural at sales pitch, it could be a challenge to meet your weekly goal. Keeping an eye for shop lifters when the store is busy is always a challenge especially if you are by yourself

Great Job at management! I think the the manager at the location where I worked did an awesome job at being at being a transactional and transformational leader!

Luxottica Photos